Childhood Moments

It's Okay

As I walked back to my old neighborhood, I remembered some of my favorite childhood moments. Walking around with my family, getting picked by my appa, my omma singing which would get everyone singing along too. How my brothers and I played with some of the other kids. In spring the trees would bloom pink flowers everywhere we looked, and how in winter we would all buy some hot cocoa when it snowed.

I left Korea about 8 years ago. I became back last year because.... I guess there were plenty of reasons. But whatever reason my parents thought, they agreed to send me back here. Sure with all I had to deal with I could  have easily given up. But I just didn't want to go back there, (not like I hate America or anything)

Walking on these familiar roads always felt nice. I would forget everything that made me sad. All the people I used to know have left and I haven't seen most of them since. But I'm starting to be very well liked around here anyway. I walked onto one of my favorite trails in the park. It always felt like a scene from a fairytale story. The streetlight glowed softly and cherry blossom trees bordered the stone path. And I remember this one spot my family would always go to for a break after walking so far. It was a bench near the end of the path right underneath the largest, and maybe oldest cherry blossom tree. But as I approached my special spot, I saw someone. I could tell it was a guy and that he was sleeping on my bench.

"Why would anyone sleep out in the cold?" I thought. So I walked over to him to get him to wale up, but that gut feeling came back and told me to back off. "Who could it be?" I wondered to myself out loud. "No, it can't be...."

.......>>>Insert guess here<<<.......

"Jinho oppa...." What is he doing here? What's he doing back in Korea?

"Lee Jae?" Heard must have heard my voice and woke up.

"What are you doing here?" I didn't reply back.

"Hey come on Jae-yah. We haven't seen each other since-" "I KNOW!!!" I shouted at him. I didn't want to deal with this. "Mian Jinho-sshi, just go away..."  He smirked "What's with the formality Jae-yah? You used to call me Joey when we were kids running around here and over in America."

"Before what happened!" I wanted to scream. Instead I whispered, "You left and you never told me. I thought we would never see each other again. Not that I ever wanted to see your face again."

"That hurts Jae-yah. But the questions you should be asking you childhood oppa is "Why did you come back to Korea after you left for Japan?" Well the answer to that is the company that hired me has this exchange program. i won't be staying long though."

I sighed, "Do you think I'll care?" "No need to get touchy," he smirked again. "Still taking all those language classes? Still tutoring?" No reply. "I'll take that as a yes." Why does he have to remember? And why does he have to mess with me so much? I can't go through this again...

"Please just leave Jinho...." "Sigh, okay okay. Your Joey oppa is leaving now. Maybe we'll run into each other again soon." He threw in a wink and left. 

"Joey...." I whispered as softly as possible, "you had to come back into my life.... You seem to be everywhere I go...."

I sat on my bench. I had hoped to never see him again. But... "Dang it.... I'm crying again aren't I?" Thankfully it wasn't much. I was able to hold most of them back, but I was so tired...... I actually fell asleep despite the cold.

Normally I wouldn't remember my dreams from such a short nap, but I dreamed that an angel came over and sat near me. Weird right? But when I woke up, there was a can of some of coffee, chai flavored. There was a note attached.

"Don't stay out in the cold so long. Drink this to warm you up. PS It's okay to cry you know :) "

I smiled to myself, I opened the can and drank the warm coffee. Someone must be really watching over me. Who could it be?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you like this chapter! Don't forget to share, subscribe and comment! <(^O^)/ See you soon \(^O^)> PPYONG!!!