I Never Forgot {Youngmin's POV}

It's Okay

Youngmin's Point of View

I remember the first time I saw her. It was back when I was still a trainee before Boyfriend's debut. That day I ran out during practice. I messed up too many times that day and I didn't want to start crying in front of everyone. I ran and ran and would have kept on running if I hadn't seen her. She was surrounded by a group of girls, and from what I saw, it looked like they were bullying her. The girl had a cup of coffee in her hands that one of the others took away from her. They took a sip,

"Mmmh, isn't this a Chai Latte?" After that, they took the lid off and dumped all of that coffee on the girl! Her school uniform got soaked, but the girl still didn't say anything. Her bullies then left saying things like "I can't believe she still hasn't said anything. Does she really think she's better than us just because she came from America?"

I don't know why I just watched, maybe I could have done something to help, but I just stood there. The girl opened her backpack and took out a set of extra clothes. I heard her said "Good thing I was prepared today..." I thought "Has this happened before?" She was right next to a bathroom so she went inside and quickly changed.

I watched her as she left with her coffee soaked uniform in her hands, she had a look on her face I knew well. That girl was about to cry, but she was trying to keep herself from busting out into tears. She did a better job than I would have, she kept her cool as she said to herself "They're getting worse... What did I do to them? And that was favorite kind of coffee too...."

That moment I had two choices, to follow her or to leave her. I chose the first option. I followed her to a cafe I knew well. Whenever I was feeling like I would lose it, I would come here myself. (There's something about the smell of coffee....) But I saw her sit down with a book by herself and I went over to talk to her. I wanted to try to make her feel better, so I thought I should buy another cup of coffee. "Hi! I'm Jo Youngmin, what's your name? Do you want some coffee?"

It took her a minute to realize what was happening to her before she slowly replied "Jae, people call me Jae, and sure." I ordered her a Chai Latte "Hope you like it!" I threw in a smile and started talking to try to her to laugh. But I might have made it worse. So I just asked "Uhhh Jae? Is something bothering you?" That did it... at that Jae started crying.... "It's okay to cry. Whatever it is I'll listen to you." She started crying even more,,, I didn't know what to do.... I thought about what helped me, and then I got an idea. 

"Do you want to go to the park for a minute? It might help a little." I took her to the park across the street and found a place where we could just talk. When Jae stopped crying, she told me everything. She needed someone to listen to her. I could tell. But I knew she needed some advice and a puch in the right direction, so I gave her the same advice my parents gave me when I was a little kid, "Just be you, and be happy okay?" Then we talked about stuff in general. I couldn't understand why Jae was having trouble, she was so funny and smart, not to mention a great listener , Before I knew it, I completely forgot about practice, that is until Kwangmin texted me.... I didn't want to go... I knew I might never see Jae again, but when she told me to call whenever I needed someone.... I knew I would.

The problem was when I got back, I realized I couldn't. Any kind of rumors could hurt Boyfriend and StarshipEnt. So I had to push back all the desires I had to call her whenever times got tough. It became easier to hide it over time. Being an idol meant you always had to put on a smile for your fans. A year passed since that day, I debuted six months ago, and I thought I would never see Jae again. Until she appeared right in front of me at our fansigning. Did she remember me like I remembered her? I wanted to stand up and pull her aside and catch up, "How have you been? Long time no see! Did you follow that advice?" But I couldn't. I couldn't even tell her I remembered her... I had to be an idol instead of Youngmin and ask "So what's your name?" It hurt me to see that look on Jae face again. That look showed she was going to cry again, but this time, it would be my fault...

I heard Jae whisper "I guess you don't remember me..." So she did remember me... I wanted to say "I never forgot you!" but Jae recovered quickly and put on a smile. We spent a few minutes together as strangers and before I knew it she had disappeared again.

Why does that make me so sad....?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: So I'm thinking about doing a chapter from Youngmin's point of view every once in awhile. What do you think? I won't do it too much, only when I have writer's block for Jae's side of things.

PS Thanks for reading! Subscribe, share and comment!!! ^^

Ppyong!