Listen

Perfect Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
How amazing it is to find someone who wants to hear about all the things that go on in your head.

 

 oohsehun sent: are you awake?

 vousmevoyez replied: I am now.

 oohsehun sent: i'm sorry. you should get back to sleep.

 vousmevoyez replied: no, it's fine. since i'm awake now, i can't go back to sleep.

 vousmevoyez replied: what's up?

oohsehun sent: i had a nightmare. a really terrible one.

 vousmevoyez replied: what was it about?

 oohsehun sent: i dreamt that everyone around me was a pizza. and i ate all of it until i was the only one left in the entire universe.

 vousmevoyez replied: . . .

 vousmevoyez replied: but that's interesting actually. how does it feel like?

 oohsehun sent: feel what?

 vousmevoyez replied: to be the only one left on earth.

 oohsehun sent: it felt awful. i felt so alone and i quickly woke up with sweat all over my body. 

 oohsehun sent: you don't know how relieved i felt when i saw my dog Vivi sleeping in my room.

 vousmevoyez replied: relax, sehun. it was only just a dream.

 oohsehun sent: but sometimes, i'm afraid that my dreams could become a reality someday.

 oohsehun sent: have you ever felt that way? i could never imagine if my dream of being the only person on earth ever came true.

 vousmevoyez replied: all the time. i frequently had nightmares in the past. luckily it stopped after a few months.

 oohsehun sent: what were your nightmares about?

 vousmevoyez replied: it's too complicated to type it all out.

 oohsehun sent: should i call you, instead?

 

 

After his persistent bugging and endless messages of sad emojis, Soojung finally gives in and shares her phone number to him. It is almost 3AM and she should be sleeping to get some energy for her class later in the morning. Yet, there she is sitting up on her bed and resting her back on the headboard, waiting for her phone to light up. She fidgets with her fingers and starts biting on her fingernails. She always does that whenever she is nervous about something. 

Finally, her phone buzzes and lights up amidst the darkness of her room. She immediately picks it up and puts her phone next to her ear. "Hello?"

"Hi." His voice sounds deep and husky. It makes him sound a bit more ier than usual and Soojung stops herself from squealing on the phone and smiles very hard to herself. "Soojung?"

She hums in response as she closes with her free hand. Her cheeks are hurting from smiling too much but she couldn't help it. A simple action by him makes her go a bit crazy every time. "Sehun?"

The line is silent and they could hear each other's breathing through the phone. "Are you awake?" asks Soojung.

"Hm," replies Sehun. "My eyelids are trying very hard to stay open."

"Then, why don't you go to sleep?"

"I don't want to."

"Why not?"

"Because I want to talk you."

She chuckles as she blushes. She's glad that they aren't talking in front of each other. If not, he would have already make fun of how red her face is. "Don't be silly. Sleep is important."

"You are important too. I was also the one who initiated that we should call, in the first place."

"Oh Sehun, you always have a way with your words."

"Of course, that's one of my charms." He stupidly winks to himself in the dark, unaware that they are talking to each other and that she isn't able to see him at all.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter