Introduction

Perfect Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
We sometimes encounter people, even perfect strangers, who begin to interest us at first sight, somehow suddenly, all at once, before a word has been spoken.

Working at her aunt's cafe used to be such a hassle for her. Now, she loves punching in early for her shift and is usually the last to leave. The reason why she started working there at first is to earn extra allowance during her high school days. Her family is financially stable. It's just that her parents are a bit too stingy to give her more money.

Her friends work to earn money to buy clothes, make-up and other stuffs. Whereas for her, she is earning money to save up for her dream trip to Paris. Ever since she bought the DIY fashion toy set for kids when she was 8, she knew that she wanted to be a fashion designer. She used to own a lot of mini mannequin dolls and thousands of fabrics with different designs. Her older sister used to be her muse and played dress-up with each other all the time.

She has been working in the cafe for almost three years. She used to only handle the cashier but was promoted to being a barista after she graduated from high school. Everyday, she gets to experience different type of customers, from high school students to rich and snobbish businessmen. She sees new faces everyday but there's a particular face which she just can't seem to forget.

He first stepped in the cafe three months ago. He was dressed up in a black suit with his hair styled up neatly. She remembered her co-worker, Irene, oogling at him as he stares up at the menu above. Soojung wasn't that attracted to him but she still finds him a bit handsome (and smoking hot as well, but she doesn't want to admit it). He ordered a caramel macchiato without glancing at her or greet back at her.. He didn't even tell his name clearly to Soojung. She remembered she stared at him with her marker up in the air, waiting for him to answer her but he was too busy texting someone on the phone.

Getting annoyed by him, she rolls her eyes and shakes her head as she wrote 'Rude Stranger' on his cup. Oddly enough, he left the cafe without even confronting her about the name written on his cup. Soon, it started becoming a habit. He always enters the cafe either at 3PM or 4PM sharp everyday, wearing a different set of suit each day. His hair is always styled up the same way. The only setback is that his rude behaviour doesn't change at all.

He always orders the same drink rudely with his eyes glued on his phone and not giving Soojung his name for her to write on his cup. As much as she dislikes his rudeness, she actually enjoys creating different nicknames for him whenever he steps foot inside the cafe. 

Soojung, Irene and her other co-worker, Mark, already created a list of names for them to write for him. They are quite curious too as to why he has never confronted them about it before. They think it's either he is oblivious of it or he just can't be bothered about it. To Irene, he's a Nice Booty. To Mark, he's a Random & Cool Hyung. To Soojung, he's a Rude Stranger.

 

 

 

The cafe is usu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter