Grateful

Perfect Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hold me tight and never let go.

"Hey, are you on your way here?" A female's voice whispers over the line.

"Yes, I'm just 20 minutes away from the cafe," replies Sehun as he makes a left turn. "Is she that sick?"

"Very sick. When I touched her forehead, she was burning up."

"But, why did you call me? Doesn't she have any relatives or friends living nearby?"

"Her family is living two hours away from here and her roomate is in school. Besides, this is also your chance to get to know her address."

"Saying it like that makes me sounds like a creep, Irene noona."

"Aren't you already a creep to her, Oh Sehun? Who in their right mind would ask someone for their Instagran instead of their phone number?" Irene berates to the younger male through the phone.

"I was nervous, okay!" says Sehun defensively. "I blanked out and I didn't know what to say!"

Irene sighs over the line. "I don't even know why I am related to an idiot like you. I'm so embarrassed to tell Soojung that you're my cousin."

"Wait, she knows?"

"Not yet. I wanted to tell her when she started to complain to me about how you seemed like a stalker and a creep to her. But, after a few days, she started coming to work more eagerly and smiling a lot."

"That's the charm of Oh Sehun, of course." He chuckles. He is lucky that they are talking over the phone. If Irene is in front of him right now, she would have punched that arrogant smirk on his face.

"Whatever. Anyway, I have to go. Hurry, please. She looks like she's going to faint anytime." The two cousins say their goodbyes and he speeds up on the the road. Just imagining how sick and tired she looks makes him even more anxious and worried.

 

 

The car ride to her apartment is quiet and only the buzzing of the air-conditioner of the car can be heard. Sehun glances at the girl next to him who is wearing his jacket to cover herself. He increases the temperature of the air-conditioner a bit after noticing that her fingers are trembling. His grip on the steering wheel tightens as he speeds up. 

When Irene calls to inform him that she appeared at the cafe, he drops everything that he has to do and cancels all of his meetings just to see that she is fine. His worries increases even more when he sees her cuddling up in a corner and leaning her head against the glass window. She sheepishly smiles at him when he stands in front of her before almost passing out. He had to carry her bridal-style to his car with Irene following behind them anxiously and telling him to take care of her. After getting her address from Irene, he immediately doesn't hesitates to drive towards her apartment.

He contemplates if he should hold her hands to stop them from trembling. He nervously takes one hand off the steering wheel and places his hand on top of hers. He grips her hands gently, bringing both of her hands together with only one hand as he tries his best to drive carefully. Her hands stop moving as soon as he intertwines his large hand with her left hand.

He is about to let go of her hands to drive the steering wheel as he is about to park his car when she tightly grips onto him, not wanting to let it go. "Don't let go, please." She mumbles.

Is she talking to me or . . . mumbling to herself? He glances and sees that her eyes are tight shut and he's sensing that she is dreaming about something, or someone to be exact. He tries his best to park his car with one hand and almost let out a shriek when he thought that he had hit the car in front of him. He stops the car and turns off the engine as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter