Curiosity

Perfect Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Making the first move is always dangerous, but worth it in the end. 

 

 oohsehun sent: good morning, vousmevoyez. just a heads up, i'm coming around 4PM today :)

 vousmevoyez replied: um, okay...??

 oohsehun sent: could i suggest some names for me today too? i came up with a few actually.

 vousmevoyez replied: idk why you're messaging me here on instagram. but if you're doing this because you're mad at us for giving you nonsensical nicknames, i apologise on behalf of the team.

 vousmevoyez replied: could you also not report us to our boss? my aunt would kill me. 🙃

 oohsehun sent: oh, so your aunt own the store? that's interesting. it would be even more interesting to see you getting scolded by her.

 vousmevoyez replied: please, don't. i'm begging you. i would do anything to make it up to you.

 oohsehun sent: anything? 🤔

 vousmevoyez replied: .........yes, anything.

 oohsehun sent: go on a date with me.

 vousmevoyez replied: wHAT?!

 oohsehun replied: i have to go now, see you later, vousmevoyez! ;)

 

 

He came again, just like how he said he would in their previous conversation. Not just once or twice, but at least four times in the span of one week. His hair colour frequently changes as well. A few days ago, he came in with silver hair which looks like it had badly damaged and spoilt his hair. Yesterday, he came in with platinum blonde hair. Mark and Irene are already making bets about what his hair colour would be today.

Oddly enough, he always comes on the days when Soojung has her shifts, which is Wednesdays, Fridays, Sundays and Tuesdays. She doesn't really know how to react whenever he waltzed in the cafe with his alluring smile and cheesy pick-up lines. He always never fail to leave without winking at her or giving her tips. The other day, he complimented her about how talented she is in capturing the beautiful shots of the sunset. She wanted to compliment him as well about how artistic and amusing his pictures and selfies are. She also wanted to say that he was a great dancer but she stopped herself just in time before embarrassing himself. The last thing she wanted to do is make a fool out of herself in front of a handsome stranger. She didn't want to seem like a creep who stalked him day and night. (Technically, she was just checking out his Instagram after following him back and chanced upon his dancing videos.)

It also has become a habit of hers to check her phone every once and then, to see if the handsome stranger has uploaded anything new. Taking a break from her studying, she grabs her phone and plops down on the sofa in the living room of her apartment. It seemes like the Heavens heard her prayers or something because just as she opens Instagram, the handsome stranger recently posted a new dancing video. She doesn't know what song it is but the one thing she knows for sure is that she is attracted by how amazing his dancing is. His moves are smooth and perfect just like how— No, Soojung. Stop it. Stop torturing yourself. Stop thinking about him.

She watches the video again and again until she got tired of it.

"Commenting seems a bit better than saying it out loud to him," whispers Soojung to herself. 

 

 

 vousmevoyez commented on oohsehun's video: you dance really well :)

 

 

The first time he messages her on the social media platform is right after he sees her comment on his video. Taking this as a perfect opportunity, he instantly clicks on her profile and taps on the message button.

 

 

 

 oohsehun sent: so, you think i dance really well?

 

 

 

Soojung's focus are in her text books and writing up her 10,000 word essay which is due a few weeks time but she decides to start today anyways. Her apartment, as usual, is quiet and empty on a Sunday. Luna has been avoiding her and going out very early. Even though they are best friends, Soojung feels like she's living with a stranger instead. They used to spend their Saturdays and Sundays together. She feels a bit upset that Luna didn't tell her that she is dating Tao and has to find it out herself. (She saw an Instagram post from Luna of the the two of them hugging each other last night.) Besides, aren't best friends supposed to share everything together? Soojung hasn't exactly been sharing everything to Luna as well so she couldn't blame Luna for distancing hersel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter