one is the loneliest number

Cheer Up!

A/N: i'm sorry for the lack of updates on...everything. i guess this was just a way for me to work through some feelings. life is hard.

"“Some people come into your life for a lifetime. Some come for a season. You’ve got to know which is which. And you’re gonna always mess up when you mix seasonal people up with lifetime expectations.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

it catches her off guard when she sees the picture.

 

she’s not sure if it’s because of how genuinely happy momo looks or if it’s the way nayeon has her arm around her waist, gripping tightly and pressing a kiss to momo’s cheek, or the caption that reads “every day is a little brighter when i’m with you.”

 

whichever one it is, it makes her want to vomit.

 

she hasn’t heard from momo since she left. she knew momo and nayeon were close and she mistakenly thought if they were to start dating, she would be one of the first people momo would tell.

 

she didn’t even find it out from momo. instead, jeongyeon was the one who had to tell mina after she made an off-hand comment about how crazy it was they had already been dating for 6 months. she can’t forget the strange and somewhat pitying look jeongyeon gave her when mina questioned her about it, like she was just as confused as mina that momo hadn’t told her.

 

jeongyeon didn’t even know that much about how the whole thing happened. apparently nayeon sworn her to secrecy in the beginning but now it seemed to be common knowledge, like it had always been this way.

 

mina doesn’t have a right to feel as bitter as she does but it stings to know there was a time that, if something like this happened, mina would have been one of the first people momo would tell. she gets the feeling that instead, if jeongyeon hadn’t told her, she would have been one of the last people to know.

 

she doesn’t know how it got to be like this. how she and momo went from being so close to complete strangers. she despises it, how she lost one of the people she thought would be in her life forever. she doesn’t know how to let go of the anger, the bitterness, at being left behind even though deep down she knew she was never as important to momo as momo was to her.

 

her thumb hovers over the picture for a moment, debating if she should like it even if the sight of it makes her stomach twist into knots.

she scrolls past it.