Why did you say I was your girlfriend?! (MomoxMina)

Cheer Up!

A/N: i've been straight FLIPPING out about MiMo's duet on Hit the Stage and this was inspired by the interview where Momo introduced Mina as her girlfriend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Mina waited until the cameras had shifted and moved onto the next couple before she politely bowed to the rest of the staff that lingered around and then proceeded to grab Momo by the elbow, yanking her further down the hall where they wouldn't be seen and hitting her in the shoulder.

"You shouldn't have said that."

Feigning hurt, Momo pouted. "What was wrong with what I said?"

"You said I was your girlfriend!" Mina exclaimed incredulously.

"And your point is? I mean...it's not a lie." Momo looped an arm back around Mina's waist and tugged her to the same position they had been in just a few moments ago.

Flustered by the sudden close proximity, Mina stuttered out, "My point...is..see, we can't....we have to be careful... why would you even say that?"

Momo shrugged nonchalantly as she began swaying Mina back and forth to an unheard melody. "When else could I actually say you're my girlfriend? No one will think I meant it; I was simply going along with the concept." She leaned in closer to Mina, hot breath tickling her ear as she murmured, "I just want everyone to know you're mine, to say it once on air, even if no knows I meant it with my whole heart.""

Mina's eyes fluttered shut at Momo's words and her breath hitched as she felt soft, smiling lips graze her cheek. There was no doubt she wanted the same. She wished she could shout it from the rooftops, from the tallest buildings in Seoul, put it up on every freaking billboard that she was head over heels for one Hirai Momo. She wouldn't change trade the life she lives for the world, not when it had given her 7 sisters and the love of her life but that didn't mean she couldn't be just as frustrated with it at times. They'd never be able to live openly. It would be social suicide for their careers and for the rest of the group; neither of them were that selfish to even think about putting the others in jeopardy like that. 

Mina shook those melancholy thoughts away. There was a time and place for that kind of thinking and it was definitely not here or now; not when she was smiling softly as Momo pulled back, arms still wrapped around her waist, a concerned look on her face at Mina's actions. Mina bit her lip as she watched Momo tilt her head questioningly in that adorable way that was completely and utterly just...Momo. "You know, this is going to have the MiMo shippers losing their , right?"

The dirty blonde haired girl snorted. "Like they haven't been losing it from the moment the news broke about you being my partner and the concept. Besides, it's fun seeing their reactions. It's nice to know that at least some people would be happy if they knew the truth."

Mina returned the smile, albeit a bit somber. "We should head back."

She slid her hand down to Momo's and intertwined their fingers, dropping a light kiss on the back of her hand, stomach flip-flopping as an enormous smile stretched across Momo's face, her eyes sparkling. Mina gently pulled her forward, keeping their fingers loosely tangled as they made their way back toward the studio.

Not a moment too soon, a staff member came jogging their way, visibly relieved to see them. "Good thing I found you, Miss Mina, Miss Momo. Please come with me. We're about to begin recording." They both bowed sheepishly. Momo made a show of stretching out her arms and legs as she spoke. "Sorry for the trouble. We were just stretching our legs. We didn't mean to wander off like that." She snuck a sly wink at Mina. 

"It's not a problem," The staff member nodded their head. "If you'll follow me please?" The two women nodded and trailed the staff member down the long hallway. Mina had been nervous before but an odd sort of calm settle over her as she felt Momo's fingers weave themselves into the spaces between hers. It made her feel like she could conquer the world as long as Momo was at her side. 

But first, they had a competition to win.