three's a crowd

Cheer Up!

A/N: 

ayyy guess who's all graduated and freaking about finding a real adult job?

this was intended to be mimo but sana is just too goddamn adorable and i'm a er for j-line so i give you mimosa (what a great ship name god bless)

...i was also a little drunk when i wrote this. cheers!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


She and Sana should have been practicing for the monthly trainee showcase next week but their practice had quickly devolved into both of them goofing off, blasting “Problem” by Pentatonix, experimenting with different dances, and bantering. Only with Sana did Momo ever let down her guard; the girl had that effect on people. Being foreigners in a new country with a language that was alien to them, it only made sense that they would stick together and Momo couldn’t have asked for a better partner in crime. Of course, she grew to be friends with the other trainees like Jungyeon, Dahyun, and Nayeon but it was Sana who was her constant; the one she would go to when she felt homesick and all she wanted to hear was her native tongue, the one she could have a text conversation consisting solely of emojis and yet know what every single one meant, the one who was her first kiss (and first girlfriend). 

 

She wasn’t even aware JYP had entered the room until she saw Sana’s eyes widen as she began to bow profusely. She turned around and bowed immediately when she saw who it was, only slightly embarrassed he had caught them. He just giggled in his usual manner and smiled widely at the two girls before speaking.

 

“Momo, Sana, I’d like you to meet our newest trainee from Kobe.” He gestured to the girl standing by his side, her head slightly down with her hair covering the majority of her face and eyes downcast. “This is Myoui Mina. I expect the two of you will take good care of her.”

 

Sana was the first to reply. “Of course! We’d be more than happy to. Right, Momo?”

 

She waited a beat, for the echo of Momo’s agreement but when it didn’t come, she looked over only to find Momo just...staring at Mina with half-open. She gave a sharp elbow to the older girl’s side.

 

“Right, Momo?” She muttered, teeth gritted and a smile plastered on her face.

 

Honestly, Momo hadn’t heard a word JYP said because her mind went blank the moment she laid eyes on Mina. In this industry, attractive people were a dime a dozen and Momo hardly blinked an eye anymore; she had gotten so used to being surrounded by them but something about this girl in front of her made her look twice. She wanted desperately to get a proper look at the other girl’s face but was jolted out of her dazed state by Sana’s very, very bony elbow.

 

“Ah!” She grabbed her side and grimaced but quickly pulled it into a tight smile, tearing her gaze away from Mina and looking at JYP. “Yes. Of course. Absolutely.”

 

“Wonderful!” He clapped his hands together in delight. “I’ll let you get acquainted with one another,” He turned to the girl at his side. “Mina, when you’re finished, come back to my office. I have some paperwork I need to finalize with you.”

 

“Yes, sir.” Momo almost didn’t even catch her response, her voice was so quiet. She's adorable what the

 

He grinned and turned to walk out of the room, throwing a, “Have fun!” over his shoulder.

 


An awkward silence overtook the room as Sana and Momo looked at Mina who kept her eyes glued to the floor.

 

Personable as ever, it was Sana who broke it first asking, “It’s really nice to meet you, Mina! It’s been awhile since we’ve had another trainee from Japan,” She tapped her chin thoughtfully. “Actually, now that I think about it, I’m pretty sure Momo and I were the most recent ones to come into the company. It’s nice to have someone new!” She beamed at the other girl. “Are you more comfortable speaking Japanese or Korean?”

 

The long haired girl finally met their gaze and, goddamn, if Momo hadn’t been smitten before, she certainly was now after seeing those deep chocolate brown eyes holding their gaze steady, contradicting how unsure she looked. Momo took the chance to study her face, taking note of the way moles dotted her face, “I would say Japanese but we should probably speak Korean. I really need to practice since I’ve only been studying it for about a year.”

 

Although she spoke slowly, her enunciation was clear and precise leading both Sana and Momo to exchange an impressed look.

 

Sana smiled brightly at her. “Wow, you’ve only been learning for a year? You speak super well! Even better than Momo and she’s been here for four years.” She nudged Momo in the side yet again and the other girl responded by shoving the other girl, disgruntled Sana would throw her under the bus like that in front of Mina.

 

“Dude, you know language isn’t my forte. And I’ve picked up enough,” She pouted. “Stop hurting my pride.”

 

Sana recovered quickly from the shove and closed the distance to squish Momo’s cheeks cooing, “Aw, is my wittle itty bitty Moguri mad?”

 

Momo swatted her hands away and glowered at her. “, do not call me little when I am taller than you are.” She stuck out her tongue, taunting the older girl.

 

Sana’s eyes narrowed and before Momo knew it, Sana had her twisted into a headlock. “YAH! YOU ARE ONE CENTIMETER TALLER. THAT MEANS JACK .”

 

“It might be only one centimeter but it means I’m one centimeter taller than you, shorty!” Sana tightened her grip in response. “Guh..ugh...holy dude when did you get this strong…ack…ack! Okay, uncle, UNCLE!”

 

Meanwhile, through all of this, Mina just watched, slightly bewildered, feeling a small pool of envy at the obvious bond the two girls shared. It seemed like they had forgotten she was there. Even so, she was unable to stop a giggle from escaping as she watched Momo flail around before she finally gave in. At the sound of her laughter, both girls froze, as if they had just now remembered they had an audience. Sana immediately released Momo from the headlock, causing the latter to unceremoniously face-plant on the floor. Mina looked on while Momo rolled around on the floor, groaning in pain.

 

“I promise we’re not always like this.”

 

Mina tore her eyes away from Momo to look at Sana who had a sheepish smile adorning her face. She couldn’t help but smile at how cute an embarrassed Sana was. “I don’t mind. It’s nice…reminds me of being home with my brother.”

 

A muffled voice came from down on the floor. “Hah, you say it’s nice now but just wait till Sana gets YOU in a headlock.” Momo rolled over onto her back, eyes closed, and willed the flames engulfing her face to die down. 

 

Sana sniffed indignantly and planted one foot atop Momo’s stomach, causing her to groan even louder. “I only do it to people that deserve it.”

 

“Well, remind me to never piss you off.” Mina chuckled. 

 

"Ah, you don't seem the type. Besides, you're far too pretty for me to get mad at you." Sana winked playfully. She enjoyed the way a light pink settled on Mina's cheeks as she began to stutter.

 

"I-I should g-g-go. Finish the-the paperwork and all...that...bye." Before either Sana or Momo could respond, she bolted out of the room at lighting speed.

 

"Way to scare off the new girl."

 

Sana rolled her eyes as she looked down at her girlfriend who was still laid out on the floor. "At least I did something. Unlike you; the only thing you could do was stare at her doing your best fish impression."

 

"Whatever. You still love me."

 

"Unfortunately, you're right, you head." Fondness colored Sana's voice and she laughed lightly, sticking her hand out to help Momo up. Once she was on her feet, she pulled her in closer, thoroughly enjoying the way the older girl's eyes widened as she brought their faces inches apart. 

 

She dropped a kiss on the corner of Momo's mouth. "What should we do about Mina?"

 

With a mischievous grin, Momo twirled Sana around. "Well, they do say three is a crowd but I think the more, the merrier right?"

 

"You read my mind."