Chapter 8

Morning Sunshine

“Yah, your first show is in three days. It’s a charity event for the leukemia patients.” Kyuhyun and Henry were going through his schedule for the week.

 

“I just landed. Giving me an hour or two of rest is not asking for too much.” Henry complained as he sipped his mineral water, feeling jet lag. Kyuhyun smacked Henry at his head.

 

“You can have all the resting time once you retire. For now, when I say jump, you ask me how high.” Kyuhyun didn’t budge from his stand and continued to torture Henry.

 

“Are you sure you not up to visiting any of your old friends?” Kyuhyun asked indirectly, hinting about Zhoumi. That moody fellow always got pissed whenever Kyuhyun brought Zhoumi up. It never stopped him though. The day Kyuhyun became afraid of Henry would be the day the world ended. He may have closed himself to the world and people in general, but the boy Kyuhyun knew was still there. It was all over his music.

 

“How can I when you have so many things lined up for me?” Henry sarcastically fluttered his eye lashes.

 

“Where am I staying?” A mischievous gleam came in Kyuhyun’s eyes causing Henry to feel anxious. A happy Kyuhyun was no good news.

 

“I have my own place right?” He asked once again, doubtfully.

 

‘Of course.” Kyuhyun smiled, scaring Henry further.

 

“Woah, look at who’s come back after so long!” Henry couldn’t prevent the smile as he heard Eunhyuk’s voice and got distracted from Kyuhyun. One of the very few friends he trusted. The blond hair was replaced with red now. They hugged each other tightly. They last saw each other a year ago in U.S.

 

“Donghae couldn’t make it as he is busy with the play, but he told me to send his regards and he will call you later.” Eunhyuk added. They went out side Kyuhyun’s office and caught up with each other’s life. It was then Henry was reminded of how much he missed their company. With his music, he tended to forget other things some times. Even the good ones.

 

“How’s Bom unnie?” He asked about the gorgeous woman. He had such fond memories with all of them.

 

“She is in her honeymoon. She was really upset that you couldn’t make it to her wedding.”

 

“I wanted to but I had my yearly concert then.” They spoke more until 2 hours passed. It felt so good.

 

“Let’s go.” Kyuhyun came out from his office.

 

“Let’s have a get together after I have settled, Hyukkie.” Henry tentatively invited Eunhyuk. It felt weird to spend time even with friends after being a recluse for so long.

 

“Definitely! We should get roaring drunk ok?”

 

“Ok!” Henry said as he hurriedly followed Kyuhyun.

 

“You are smiling. It looks strange on you after all this years.” Kyuhyun commented as he took out his car.

 

“I didn’t have a reason to smile then.” Henry took the time to sleep. His head was muddled.

 

“Wake up, sleepy head. We are at your new place.” It took some time to for Henry to remember where he was. Right, Korea.

 

They took the elevator in a high class apartment.

 

“How much exactly are you deducting from my pay for the renting here?” Henry asked curiously. He didn’t need a luxurious apartment. A comfortable private one was sufficient enough.

 

“Let me worry about that.” Kyuhyun said and stepped out in the 23rd floor.

 

“It’s my money, why would you be the one worrying?”

 

“Stop hounding me. Go back to your silent mode.” They reached the apartment. Instead of keying the code in, Kyuhyun rang the door bell. Henry frowned at Kyuhyun, raising his eyebrows questioningly.

 

 Instead of an adult, a small boy answered the door. Something about him seemed so familiar.

 

“Hello uncle Kyuhyun!” The boy cheerfully answered even as he stared at Henry. Henry stared at him back.

“He is my lover’s best friend’s son.” Kyuhyun explained before entering.

 

“Huh?” Henry had to replay what Kyuhyun said. “I didn’t know you had a lover! Why didn’t I know about this and why are we stopping here?” He was tired and he was not in the mood to make a cheerful conversation with strangers.

 

“Remember something about the rent? Your payment is to teach this boy here to play the violin.” Kyuhyun didn’t bother to answer about his lover. That was another story.

 

‘Why must I teach this boy for me to stay in an apartment?’ The boy glared at Henry. Henry ignored him.

 

“Because he is going to be your house mate. Henry meet Zhoury and Zhoury, this unfriendly man here is Henry.”

 

“Zhoury???What kind of name is Zhoury? And whose house is this, Kyuhyun??? Don’t tell me…” Henry started dragging Kyuhyun away. He was mortally afraid with the conclusion his mind insisted on arriving.

 

“Henry?”

 

Henry froze. The voice he never wanted to hear again.

 

“Zhoumi.” Henry rearranged his expression in to an unaffected one before turning back towards Zhoumi. Life was certainly not fair. Zhoumi looked even better as he matured.

 

“Papa, I don’t like this man.” The boy went and clung to Zhoumi’s pants.

 

He was Zhoumi’s son, the only one person he ever fell in love with. Henry had to compose himself from the onslaught of heavy emotions he felt now. The brat looked so much like Zhoumi, except for the cocky expression and the funky hair style.

 

“It has been long time, neh?” Zhoumi took a step forward. Henry involuntarily took a step back. Zhoumi seemed to control his laughter.

 

“As nothing is better than living with a family, I generously thought for your own good and spoke to Zhoumi about you needing a place to stay. And Zhoumi was more than happy to share his living space.”

 

Henry stared at Kyuhyun for his crappy explanation. Since when did Kyuhyun was even friends with Zhoumi?

 

“Are you out of your mind?” Henry asked straight forwardly. Being nice with Kyuhyun never worked.

 

“You are being a little harsh, Henry.” Zhoumi interrupted.

“I am sorry but it’s between Kyunhyun and me. I need my own space. I play music at random hours and I can’t do that with a child who needs to sleep at proper hours. You want productivity from me, this is not the way. Check me in to a hotel, Kyuhyun and we will find a new place tomorrow.”

 

‘Fame has certainly turned you into a different person, Henry.” Zhoumi commented as he crossed his arms. The boy was looking from behind Zhoumi’s legs.

 

“It doesn’t matter what you think about me, Zhoumi. I am sorry to trouble you.” Being here, facing them reminded him so much of the past he was trying to leave behind. The boy who dreamed and got left behind.

 

“Are you afraid of staying together with me?” Zhoumi challenged. Six long years of emptiness, and Henry didn’t even want to greet him properly. Oh, it pissed Zhoumi off.

 

“I told you..”

 

“Your room is sound proofed and it’s bigger than your previous room. Or have you turned into a diva that can’t tolerate lifestyle like ours?” Zhoumi added smoothly.

 

“I just don’t want to be a trouble to anyone.” Henry stubbornly argued.

 

“Since you are not a trouble, there wouldn’t be a problem now would it?”

 

Saying more would mean that he actually admits of still being affected by Zhoumi. Why was this happening to him? He frustrated glared at Kyuhyun. He just shrugged, enjoying it.

 

“How does Hana feels about it?” There, another excuse.

 

‘We are divorced.” He hugged his son then. Henry’s heart trembled. He looked over at the boy properly and gulped. He was definitely losing it.

 

“Fine. Whatever. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.” Henry gave up, feeling ashamed all of a sudden.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun dialed his lover’s number as he went to the car park.

 

“Hello.” The other person answered.

 

“Henry is safely deposited in Zhoumi’s care. You owe me.” Kyuhyun smirked, anticipating his reward.

 

“I know. Come back home and we shall negotiate.” The person answered tenderly.

 

I suddenly had a boost of energy to update the next chapter. So i did, following my impulse. I didn't want to leave and continue the idea later because i am always scared of writer's block. Thank you for all the encouraging comments! ^^