Chapter 6

Morning Sunshine

“Was he telling the truth?” Zhoumi asked as soon as they sat after a tension filled silent walk.

 

“No, my director is crazy that way. Didn’t I tell you he is eccentric? He just said that for god knows what reason.” Henry shrugged out his answer, couldn’t believe that he had to convince smart Zhoumi in the first place.

 

My director?” Zhoumi hung on the one word. He really wanted to forget it and have a good time with Henry but something about all this and that sadistic director made Zhoumi lose his usual control.

 

“Yeah, as I work under him, it makes him my director. It will be weirder if I said our right? Zhoumi, he was just teasing. If all of us took whatever he does seriously, the company will have no workers at all.” Hunger plus the teasing made Henry impatient. Where was the food?

 

Zhoumi seemed to consider his explanation, although actually, he didn’t even need to think twice Henry thought. It was nothing! The blasted Kyuhyun would have endless fun if he knew Zhoumi took him this seriously.

 

“So, you are coming to the play?” Henry asked in an effort to change the mood.

 

“Yes, since I have already given my word.” And he was not going to lose to that guy, Zhoumi thought determinedly. The waitress placed their food and Henry gobbled down his food.

 

“Hey, eat slowly. You will burn your intestines that way.” Zhoumi warned Henry, shaking his head.

 

“I am hungry and I only have about 20 more minutes.” Henry made an apologetic face and continued.

 

Now, Henry was already scheduling their lunch meetings too. Irrationally, Zhoumi sulked. He knew the importance of work and he has done it countless times too, but when it came to Henry, he just couldn’t handle it. He was so used to Henry’s presence whom was always there for him that now, he felt like Henry was abandoning him slowly. If Henry was indeed having a relationship with Kyuhyun, Zhoumi would probably run amuck!  An inner voice told him that Henry would have felt the same way earlier. Karma definitely bites back.

 

Henry leaned over and knocked Zhoumi’s head, disturbing his thoughts. He looked as if he was trying to solve the world’s problems.

 

“Relax. For a person who keeps advising me, you do a bad job of relaxing.” Henry gave his sloppy grin. Zhoumi’s muscles tightened as he felt the thudding of his heart. What the hell was that? Zhoumi abruptly turned away from Henry. The thudding increased slowly. 1, 2, 1, 2, 3.

 

“Zhoumi, you alright there?” Henry placed his hand on Zhoumi’s forehead to check his temperature. Zhoumi looked all red. Strange, his temperature was normal.

 

Zhoumi suddenly clasped Henry’s wrist and simply stared at him as if he was under a spell. Was something in his face? Henry wondered. The grip tightened. Henry had to shake Zhoumi using his other hand. He was not acting himself at all.

 

“Don’t…” Zhoumi was about to say something before he unclasped his wrist. He looked surprised at his own actions. Henry’s wrist was warm from Zhoumi’s palm.

 

“Don’t what, Zhoumi?”

 

“Don’t leave your flood unattended. It’s getting cold.”  Zhoumi said gesturing to his food. Henry just nodded and resumed his eating. It was no big deal, Henry kept chanting it in his head.

 

Zhoumi visibly trembled with what he would have said before he came to his senses.

 

Don’t leave me.

 

They finished their meal fast, each wanting to return to their normal self but unable to do so. Henry left first. Zhoumi was walking to the car park when he met his nemesis once again.

 

“Finished with your lunch date?” Kyuhyun asked, crossing his hands. Zhoumi didn’t find the need to be friendly with an obnoxious man. He continued walking.

 

“You rejected Henry didn’t you?” Zhoumi couldn’t ignore him anymore. Was Henry so close to him that he opened up to Kyuhyun?

 

“That’s between Henry and me.” Stay out of our business.

 

“Sure, but I’m interested in the newbie as well. He has this cute face that never fails to cheer me up at the end of the day and a very loyal soul. So I think I have to thank you for giving me the opportunity.” Kyuhyun’s smile went sharper.

 

“Leave Henry alone.” Zhoumi stood nose to nose to Kyuhyun.

 

“I don’t see a reason. I am single and so is he. And, I like him.” He pushed the buttons harder. Zhoumi gripped Kyuhyun’s collar.

 

“My, my…aren’t we violent? Does Henry know this side of you?” Kyuhyun said, amusing himself. This guy had even more guts than Kyuhyun credited him for. Not bad.

 

“Henry easily believes people and no way in hell I will let him go with the likes of you. You want him, you have to get through me first.” Zhoumi intentionally tightened his grip, almost choking Kyuhyun.

 

“Says the guy who dumped him. Henry is tight to the production company and you can’t stop him from coming. And don’t you have a girl friend? Or have you forgotten her?” Kyuhyun effortlessly moved Zhoumi’s hands away.

 

“The way I see it, it’s you who has no business in meddling with Henry’s affairs. Aren’t you selfish for wanting all? Did you expect Henry to be single just for your sake? How naïve…Henry will be mine in a matter of time.” Kyuhyun mocked Zhoumi. That guy was going to explode. It made Kyuhyun to probe further, just to see how long his control lasted. He didn’t have to wait long. Zhoumi went ballistic.

 

One minute they were standing glaring at each other, the next they were rolling on the concrete floor, taking a piece of each other. Pain shot through Zhoumi with Kyuhyun’s punch but he gave him back twice. His mind went blank with anger.

 

“I…told..you..to..stay…away…Urrrghhh..” Kyuhyun kicked him. Zhoumi twisted his body and came on top of Kyuhyun and punched his face.

 

He heard screams but it didn’t matter. All that mattered was teaching this guy a lesson. Somebody pulled him away from Kyuhyun. He struggled but the person was strong.

 

“Hey dude, chill. I have no doubt the guy is capable of making you want to kill him but this is not the way.” The blond guy from Henry’s office blocked his vision. “Donghae, you bring Kyuhyun up first. Let Henry know while you are at it.” Donghae had to drag Kyuhyun forcefully away.

 

“Looking at your suit and all, I would have never thought you are the type to fight.” Eunhyuk straightened Zhoumi’s clothes. Two buttons were missing, his carefully styled hair was in a mess, and his beautiful sculptured face already had blue black blots here and there. The elegant man was surely a sight to look at.

 

Henry ran flying to the car park with the icepack and first aid kit Donghae provided him upstairs. He couldn’t get anything out of Kyuhyun who just laughed like a lunatic. He stopped for a moment in surprise looking at Zhoumi’s terribly dishelved appearance and swollen face.

 

“I will take over from here, Eunhyuk. Thanks for the help.” Henry thanked Eunhyuk, simultaneously placing the icepack on Zhoumi. Zhoumi remained silent. Henry waited until Eunhyuk was far from hearing distance before asking Zhoumi.

 

“Can you tell me what happen or are you going to laugh it off like Kyuhyun?”

 

“He said some truths and I lost it.” He was selfish, for wanting it all. He held both Henry’s hands.

 

“Truths? Zhoumi, I told you, Kyuhyun is crazy. Don’t take him seriously.” What happened between the both? Why were they keeping it shut? Not knowing was making Henry go crazy!

 

Zhoumi stood up and the ice pack dropped. Henry wanted to bend down to pick it up but Zhoumi prevented him. He pushed Henry’s back to one of the car’s and blocked his sides with both hands.

 

“Don’t make excuses for him, Henry. I am not giving you to him.” Henry looked at Zhoumi with confusion. He was certainly not defending Kyuhyun. He never saw Zhoumi with this kind of burning look. As if nothing and nobody could stop him. It freaked him out. What in the world did Kyuhyun told him?

 

‘Zhoumi, calm down. Let’s talk about it.” Henry tried to sooth like he would towards a wild animal.

 

“Talking is kinda too late.” Zhoumi said regretfully before laying his lips on Henry’s. HOT! It was so hot that Henry felt he was going to spontaneously combust. He pushed Zhoumi away, afraid of the overwhelming intensity.

 

“Why did you do that for?” Henry turned his back away from Zhoumi, trying to collect his scattered thoughts.

 

“Because I am selfish bastard. That’s why.” Saying that, Zhoumi stormed off towards his car.

 

UPDATED! Just as you guys wanted..The next chapter may take a while though...Exams..Mianhe! ^^