chapter 8

Waiting for You

“ Ah, finally find you, duh,” Minho turned his head and found Key at the doorway. He reached out his hand, showing Minho something long like cable. An earphone. A familiar one.

“ Is this yours?” Key asked. Minho shook his head, but he knew whose it’s.

“ It’s….Soo Jung’s,”

“ Oh? Well, how can it be in our washing machine, eh?” Key raised his brows, then turn his heels.

“ Wait, Kibum,” Minho got out from his bed. “ Let me give it to her,” he said unknowingly. Key blinked his eyes twice before showing him his grin.

“ Aigoo, okay, here, here,” He jammed the earphone to Minho before leaving. 

***

Minho looked at the earphone. He raised it high above his head, played with it.

Oh, thank you oppa! How did you know I lost my last one?”

He’s the one who gave it to Krystal on her birthday.

“ You’re out of your mind,”

He sighed. He should apologize to her like a gentleman. That’s what his father always told him. He took his phone from the table and called her. No one answered. He texted her. She didn’t reply. He furrowed his brows in annoyance.

“ Hello, noona,” he finally decided to call Victoria. She must know where in the world the maknae was. 

“ Oh, hello, Minho, what’s up?”

“ Noona, is Soojung with you guys?”

“ No, she’s at her drama location, why?”

“ Do you know where’s the drama location? Eh, nothing, I just can’t contact her,”

“ Really? Well, maybe she left her phone in her bag again. I think somewhere at Yongsan,”

“ Okay thank you, noona,” he ended the call. He stood up from the sofa, grabbing his jacket and car key.

“ Guys, I’m going out,” he told the others. Key immediately appeared from the kitchen.

“ Where’re you going? We’ll have our dinner,”

“ I won’t be long,  I’m going to meet someone,“

***

Minho drove his car to Yongsan without knowing the specific area. He’s wandering through the street, enjoying his own time observing the surroundings. It’s been a long time. He sometimes stopped to buy snacks or unimportant things at the roadside.

“ Oh my God, Myungsoo-oppa is there? Why don’t you tell me earlier? Where’s it? Rorani’s Café?” He could hear someone who seemed like a high school girl talking to her phone. He turned his head, curious.

“ Here’s your Hotteok, sir,” the seller gave him his order.

“ Thank you.” He bowed a little then walked away. He walked down the street, blending with the crowd pretty easily. He’s in disguise anyway. He’s amused following some high school girls squealing about their idols, until they stopped at a café. It’s crowded inside. Minho could notice familiar filming equipments there.

“ Is there any shooting inside?” He asked a girl next to him. The girl looked up at him, staring back for a moment before nodding her head.

“ Yes, they’re shooting ‘You!’ drama,” Minho brows raised.

“ There's a drama titled like that?”

“ Of course! You don’t watch TV, eh? It’s very popular! Myungsoo-oppa from Infinite is the main cast!” The girl smiling brightly. Minho sighed. Well, with his schedules, he didn’t really have time for watching dramas.

“ Who else playing in it?”

“ Eh, Kim Soo Ro-ahjussi, Krystal-unnie-“

“ Who?” Minho cut her sentence.

“ Kim Soo Ro-ahjussi, Krystal-unnie from f(x), Jung Il Woo-oppa, Yoo In Na-unnie, and many more,”

“ Oh, okay. Thank you,” Minho nodded his head understandingly as his eyes fell on Krystal figure in the middle of the café. He waited for her until the director told all of them to have a short break time before moving to the other location. Krystal looked so tired. She dragged her feet to her van, didn’t even looked up to wave or smile to her fans. Minho didn't walk directly to her. Instead, he came toward a staff.

“ Excuse me, but do you mind tell me where’s the next location?” he asked.

            “ Sorry, but we can’t tell fans. You can look here now, we didn’t tell anyone, but it’s still this crowded,” Minho put his mask down.  

            “ I’m not going to-“

            “ Oh my God, is that Choi Minho-oppa?”

            His heart sank. Without realizing, he turned his head to the direction of the voice.

            “ I know right! Oh my God, It’s really him!” A girl pointed at him, squealing. Slowly but sure, crowd began to gather around him.

“ Oppa! I’m your fan!”

            “ Oppa! May I have your signature?”

            “ Oppa! When will Shinee make the repackage album?”

            “ Oppa! What are you doing here?”

            Suddenly it’s all silence. Minho gulped and tried to crack a smile. It became an awkward one.

            “ I’m a ‘You!’ drama fan,” he said, cold sweat started rolling down his temple. “ And-“ he stopped for a moment. Must he say it or not? “ I want to support my pretty hoobae Jung Soo Jung,” It’s okay right? He’s used to call Krystal his pretty hoobae though.

            “ Oh really oppa?”

            “ Is that so? How sweet!” Minho just nodded his head then waving to the fans after gave them signature. He put his mask up again as he walking back to his car.

***

            “ Krystal!” Myungsoo knocked the door of Krystal’s van. She immediately opened it.

            “ Yes, oppa?”

            “ Eh, I just want to know if….”

            “ I wonder what’s Minho-oppa doing here!“

            “ He’s a fan of this drama right?”

            “ No way, he doesn’t even know this drama!” Krystal lost her attention to the girls’ chat at the back until Myungsoo waving his hand in front of her.

            “ Krys? Are you okay?”

            “ Sorry oppa, what do you want to know?”

           “ It’s nothing, just forget it,” he smiled. “ See you tomorrow, Krys!” He waved before disappearing from sight.

***

            2 missed calls, one new message

            Minho checked his phone. He opened the caller information and the message.

From : Jung Soo Jung

To : Choi Minho

You called.

            He immediately called her back.

            “ Hello?”

            “ Hello. Soo Jung, I need to meet you,”

            “ Why?”

            “ I want to talk,”

            “ Aren’t we talking now?”

            “ It can’t just through the phone. I need to talk face to face. Where are you?” She didn’t answer directly.

“ Well then. I’m going to be at the office in thirty minutes.“

***

Minho checked his own recording one last time before he excused himself from the staff. The other members were busy eating until no one noticing that their rapper was missing. Minho decided to meet Krystal at the backyard.

She’d been there before him. Her eyes closed as her inhaled some fresh air. Minho stopped in his track for a moment to look at her.  She looked almost graceful. Almost. Only if she didn’t open her eyes all of a sudden and gave him her usual cold look.

“ Soo Jung,” he called, pulling out something from his pocket. “ This,” he reached out his hand, gave her her earphone. She hesitated at first but took it anyway.

“ Thank you,”

“ And sorry,” Krystal looked up at him.

“ What?”

“ Sorry,” he repeated himself, his face started heating.

            “ For….what?” She thought she’d known what it’s for but she just wanted to convince.

        “ For…that,” he looked everywhere but her. “ That time, you, kiss,” Krystal tried her best to look nonchalant. “ I’m really sorry,” his gaze finally fell on her. Krystal couldn’t keep herself anymore, her cheeks blushing so easily it’s getting annoying.

            “ Like you said, I was out of my mind, I don’t know- I, I broke up with her.” His voice low. Krystal bit her lip, didn’t what to say.

            “ I…I know. It’s not okay, but I forgive you. Just never do that again, yeah?” She cracked a smile. Minho looked at her, a small smile appeared across his face.

            “ I’m really, really sorry and I promise I won’t do that again.” He reaching out his hand and showed her his pinky finger. Krystal put her own with his.

            “ So I guess…we’re friends again?”

            “ Since when we’re not friends?”