chapter 6

Waiting for You

Key thought everything had been solved long time before. He thought Minho had already been okay. But he’s wrong. Totally wrong.

A day after that day, Minho still did everything well. He ate normally, he still laughed at jokes, smiling to everyone. His performance was still perfect, his interview’s answers were good and his photoshoot was flawless. But unfortunately, that condition didn’t last long like Onew’s condition.

It’s getting worse day by day. He started to lost his focus, daydreaming in the middle of their activities. He chose to be quiet as much as possible like the old him in Shinee debut days. He often caught staring into space too. Key was worried. Shinee was worried.

“ There’s something wrong with him, don’t you think?” He asked Jonghyun in backstage. They’d be performing their latest song with remix version. Onew and Minho were checking out the stage, so they’re out, leaving Jonghyun and Key alone, Taemin was nowhere to be seen.

“ Obviously. But I don’t know what’s wrong with him. He didn’t tell you?”

“ No. Did he tell you?”

“ If he told me, I wouldn’t ask you, Key. Maybe we should ask hyung? Or his mom?” Jonghyun tilted his head when Key shook his head.

“ I don’t think he told hyung. Based on his personality, I think he must told his mom.”

“ So, should we call ahjumma?” Jonghyun pulled out his phone, looking at his phonebook. He was about calling Minho’s mother when Key stopped him.

“ What?” He asked, raising his brows.

“ Wait. Wait, Jjong, let’s think about this. If he actually didn’t tell his mother, his mother would be freaked out. If she were freaked out, he would be asking him his condition, then he would be even more worried. Then his performance would be getting worse, and-“

“ Okay, stop, bro, you’re exaggerating things. But I guess you’re right. So, what should we do? Ask him directly?”

“ Who will ask him? You?” Key asked when suddenly the door opened, revealing Taemin, bringing some plastic bags in his hands. Jonghyun grinned.

“ No, it’ll be him,” he pointed Taemin.

“ What?” Taemin glanced at him, “ Where’re Onew and Minho hyung? I bought some snacks,” He put down the plastic bags on the table.

“ Taemin-ah, c’mon sit here,” Key patted the empty spot beside him.

“ What’s up?” Taemin did as what Key told. He took out a bag of potato chips and began to eat it.

“ I want one too,” Jonghyun leaned forward, took another bag of chips.

“ Yah, you two, listen to me,” Key said, kept the plastic bags away. Taemin and Jonghyun both pouted, but listened to him anyway.

“ Taemin, do you know what’s wrong with Minho?” Jonghyun asked. Taemin shook his head.

“ I don’t know. But he’s so strange these days. There must be something disturb him.”

“ And what do you think it may be?” Taemin shrugged.

“ I don’t know. He didn’t tell me anything.”

“ Aish, this is useless. What the hell is wrong with him? Oh my, I’m so damn confused,” Jonghyun held his head like it’s going to fall down.

“ Just ask him, eh? ” Taemin said. “ Should we make a conversation time tonight?”

“ Hmm, we’ll talk to him,” Key nodded, followed by the other two.

Time passed slowly. It’s in the middle of the night when they’re back at the dorm. All of them were sleepy and no one even remembered about their plan. They all took a bath in rush, immediately went to dreamland the next second their bodies touched the bed.

Onew knew about the plan. The next morning, after he accidentally remembered, he decided to make a sudden conversation time. He gathered s at the living room, glad that they still had some time before their schedules started.

“ What’s up?” Jonghyun asked, rubbing his eyes. Onew glanced at him then stared at the others.

“ This is about Minho,” he said. Key’s mind suddenly focused in the conversation, Taemin blinking his eyes, Jonghyun yawning. Minho sat still, expressionless. Onew turned his head to him.

“ Is there something wrong, Minho?” Minho stared back at him.

“ No,”

“ You know you can share your problem with us, Min,” Key added.

“ No,”

“ Remember you still have us,” Jonghyun patted Minho’s shoulder.

 “ I’m okay.” Minho sighed, standing up. ”Seriously, don’t worry about me,”

***

“ Hello,”

It’s late at night. Jessica was about sleeping when she heard her phone ringing on the bedside table. She kicked her blanket, then got up from the bed. She looked at the screen and immediately picked up the phone.

“ Hello,” a soft voice greeted her. “ You’re sleeping?” Jessica’s heart melting whenever she heard his voice. Although they’d been together for about a year, plus knowing each other since they’re trainee, she still hadn’t got bored of it. She let out a soft laugh.

“ It’s okay, what’s up?” She walked out from the room, didn’t want to disturb Soo Young from her sleep with her call.

“ Sorry for calling you this late,” she could notice guilty in his voice.

“ It’s okay, hon. How’s your day?” She walked to the terrace, feeling the cold winter breeze against her face. She liked it.   

“ It’s fine. I just need listening to your voice,” he didn’t chuckled at his own cheesiness like usual, but Jessica couldn’t help herself from blushing.

“ Me too. But you sounded so tired. Is there something happened?” It’s all silence for a  moment.

“ No,” he said simply. “ How about yours?” he asked her back. She didn’t even hesitate to tell him everything.

“ It’s all okay too I guess. Only packed schedules, same with yours,” she stopped, suddenly something flashed into her mind. “ Jinki-yah,” she called. “ I want to ask you about Minho. Is he okay?”

“ No, he’s not okay…I don’t know why though. Why do you ask?” 

“ He didn’t tell you?”

“ Minho? No, he didn’t tell us anything.”

“ Well….they’re break up, you know,” Jessica played with her hands.

“ Really? Aigoo, I must’ve known!” Onew let out a heavy sigh. “ I’m such a bad leader,” he mumbled, but Jessica could hear him.

“ Say that again and I won’t kiss you anymore,” she said. “ You know, you’re the best leader I’ve ever known, Jinki-yah,” she chuckled. “ Don’t tell Taeng,” she added. Onew laughed.

“ I won’t.“

“ Jinki-yah, is there anything I can help you with?”

“ No- eh! Yes, can you sing me a song?” Jessica laughed.

“ Only that?” Her cheeks blushing again. “ Okay, let me sing you a lullaby then,”

***

an unimportant chap eh? kkk~