Chapter 2

Waiting for You

“ Noona, do you know where’s Yuri noona?”

            It’s been three months since that day. Shinee had stayed in Japan for their activities and didn’t make even a single visit to their homeland during that period. Minho only could depend on his phone, but it’s not enough. He wanted to see Yuri face to face, telling her that he’s sorry directly.

            “ Oh, Minho! You’re back! She’s at the rooftop I think,”

            “ Thank you, noona,”

            Minho rushing to the stairs, yes, he didn’t take the elevator. He just couldn’t wait for it. And elevator can’t reach up to the rooftop though. A wide smile appeared on his face.

            He turned the door knob, but it’s locked. His brows furrowed and without tip-toeing, he looked through a small glass window. How he wished he didn’t do that.

Minho could feel the time stopped. He couldn’t breath. His heart stop beating, his blood stop rushing and his smile was dead. But the worst was the scene far at the other side of the door was the only thing seemed never stopped. His hand slipped from the knob. He felt completely numb.

***

It’s raining. Hard. But Minho didn’t care. And no one’s outside when it’s raining hard. No one would know, no one would find him. Or so he thought.

“ I don’t care!” he could barely hear the door slammed shut. He immediately wiped his tears, although there’s no use since the rain covered it pretty good. He saw a familiar figure storming down to where he was, the backyard of the office building. It’s Krystal again. She stopped when she saw him.

“ Oppa? What are you doing in the middle of the rain?” She asked from far. Minho didn’t answer her like before. Krystal took more stepped until she could see Minho clearly.

“ Op-?” she didn’t finish her sentence. It’s not the usual Minho. He’s looked even worse than the last time she saw him. He looked so fragile. His expression was hard to be read but Krystal just knew. There’s something in it which she knows all too well. Pain. She reached out her right hand patted his shoulder.

“ It- it’s going to be okay. All is fine,” she said, one hundred percent not sure. Without realizing, Minho let his tears fall again. Yes, that flaming charisma, the most manly, the most mature, Choi Minho from Shinee, cried. Krystal’s vision became blurry too seconds later, she didn’t know why. She never ever wanted to see Choi Minho crying. She hated it.

“ Don’t cry,” she said between her own sobs. “ Don’t cry, oppa, “

Minho closed his eyes. He never felt that weak. That lost. He didn’t care again with all his image. He just wanted to be a normal broken hearted man. It hurted so damn much until it’s killing him.

Before she realized, Krystal had wrapped her arms around Minho and patted his back.

“ Okay, just cry then. Let it out. No one see. No one know. You’re just by yourself,” she whispered. Minho put his arms up and hugged Krystal tight, crying his heart out.

***

“ Krystal!” Victoria rushed to her, hugged her, didn’t care the fact that Krystal was soaked. “ Where’ve you been? We’re looking for you!”

“ Where’s Luna-unnie? I want to apologized,” .

“ Luna’s here,” Luna suddenly appeared from nowhere, raising her hands. “ I’m sorry too, Krys.”

“ I’m the one who should apologizing.” Krystal said, releasing herself from Victoria’s hug. She took off her shoes.

“ I’ll prepare warm water for you,” Victoria made her way to the bathroom. Krystal stood still on her spot. Her mind was working hard to analyze what might had happened. He turned her head to Luna.

“ Unnie, when I went out, what time was it?” she asked.

“ Ehh,” Luna tilted her head, “ Maybe around five? You’ve gone for hours, you know. What were you doing by the way? Playing under the rain?” She chuckled. Krystal didn’t respond her. She took her phone and made a call.

“ Hello, oppa?”

“ Hello, Krystal? Do you miss me?” she could hear a teasing tone in Jonghyun’s voice.

“ It’s not that,” Krystal said in cold tone. She’s not in the mood for that. “ I want to ask, what’re you guys doing around five?”

  At five? Well, we just arrived at apartment I think, why?”

“ Minho oppa. He wasn’t with you guys right? Where’s he?”

“ Uh, you sound like detective, Krys. Yeah, he’s not with us of course. He went to meet Yuri noona immediately after we entered Seoul.”

“ Okay, thanks oppa, bye.” Krystal cut the connection directly. She put her phone back to her pocket, and took on her shoes again.

“ Where are you going, Krys?” Luna asked, confused.

“ I’m going to meet Sica unnie,” she answered before disappearing from sight.