chapter 7

Waiting for You

It’s been days since the accident. Both Minho and Yuri lost contact to each other and whenever they met at the backstage, they would immediately look away. They acted like complete strangers. Everyone noticed this, but none did comment.

Until that day, when Yuri didn’t intend to talk to him but yes, she did. Like days before, they just stared at each others for mere seconds before they walked pass each other.

“ It’s not my fault, right?”

Their shoulders brushed, and Minho couldn’t pretend he didn’t hear that. Something stopped him for a moment. He could feel a bang in his chest. His jaw clenched. He turned, catching her and grabbed her wrist. His intense gaze bore into Yuri’s. They didn’t even care with their surroundings anymore. Time felt like stopped.

“ What?” Yuri asked, her voice was barely audible. She shrugged Minho’s hand off of her wrist.

“ What did you say?”

“ Huh? I don’t know what are you talking about,”

“ Don’t act like you don’t know,” their voices were really low, but they just could hear. That phrase, Yuri ever heard that. She tightened her fists until her nails dug into her palms. She looked up at him, forcing a laugh.

“ You two are really similar, eh?” she said almost whispering. Minho didn’t respond. His brows only raised. “ You like her, don’t you?” Her voice bitter.

“ Who?”

“ Krystal,”

“ No, I don’t,” Yuri scoffed.

“ Oh yeah, tell me I’m blind,”

“ I really don’t, you’re the one who’s cheating on me,”

“ It’s not my fault!” Her voice raised. “ You didn’t even pick up my calls, you-you calmed her in the middle of the freaking rain, you visited her alone in the hospital late at night!” Her vision started to blurry. This time, Minho’s the one who scoffed.

“ Is it only because of that? Oh my God, really, Yuri, your jealousy is exaggerated!”

“ No, it’s not only that, Minho, “ she shook her head. ” You didn’t even make a single effort…” she could feel her tears falling down her cheeks, “ to get me back,” she hung her head low.

“ Okay, enough,” Yuri could feel a warm hand covering both of her eyes. “ Stop it, Minho,” Minho’s hands curled into fists but before he even could do a thing, Siwon had already taken her away.

***

Minho punched all the mirrors. He groaned. He felt like . When Jonghyun found him at the empty make up room later, he’s a mess. The room’s a mess.

“ Minho, what the hell have you done?” His eyes wandering around the room, became even more shocked. “ Oh my, what have you done to the mirrors? They’re all broken! What are we going to do about this?”

“ Shut up, hyung,” Jonghyun’s lips formed an ‘o’. Minho had never spoken like that to him.  He knelt beside him.

“ Don’t go mad, yet, please. What’s wrong, Minho? You know, we only have three minutes before the show starts. You can tell me in rap,” he glanced at the clock. Minho brushed his hair with his injured hand, didn’t answer him. Jonghyun sighed.

“ C’mon, Min, we should get something to cover your injuries,” Jonghyun pulled Minho up, dragging him out.

***

“ Jinki-yah, it’s okay to share your problems to me, you know,”

“ He’s getting worse, Soo Yeon-ah. I don’t know what to do,”

Her call with Onew before kept playing in Jessica’s mind. She bit her lip. Although he didn’t ask her for help -Onew wouldn’t ever do that- she still wanted help.

She was flipping a random magazine pages at the waiting room when she found that article. It’s titled ‘ How to Move On ‘.

2. Find a new love, but make sure you don’t just use him/her as your replacement of your previous lover, because it can hurts both of you.

Her smile couldn’t be wider. She took out her phone again and walked out.

***

Onew’s brows furrowed. He’s sitting on a moving chair at the corner of the studio, his eyes observing people actions like watching TV.

“ I found an article. It’s about tips how to move on from your previous relationship. I’ll tell you one of Krystal’s biggest secret-“

“ No, don’t tell me, it’s your sister’s secret,”

“ Oh yes, right. But if I don’t tell you, you won’t understand,”

“ Eh, don’t underestimate me, hon. By the way, how about telling me the tips first?”

“ The first point is not important –back to your feet-, and the second one is to find a new love. So it’s like this, I know person who likes Minho, well…if you’re really smart, you can guess,”

“ Wait, you want to pair Minho with your sister?”

“ Yeah, one hundred points for you! I’m proud girlfriend! How is it?”

Onew shook his head. He didn’t think Krystal really had crush on Minho. It didn’t seem like it.

Shinee and f(x) would have an advertisement shoot for a new candy brand that day. They gathered at the studio, playing around like kids. But ever since Onew started doing his observation, Krystal never seemed to even had a single chat with Minho and vice versa. Krystal would be teasing Jonghyun, chatting with Key or eating with Taemin whenever she wasn’t with her members. But not with Minho. And that guy….well, he just sat there.

“ Hyung! C’mon, you don’t want chicken?” Taemin came toward him, holding a drumstick in each hands.

“ Ah? What? Oh my God! Chicken!” Onew immediately stood up, rushing to the deliveryman. The next second he got a bucket of chicken in front of him, all the thoughts were left forgotten.