Final chapter!

Waiting for You

this one is like loooooooong~

***

Minho found that song when he went to a café with Jonghyun about a week before. He asked the café staff what the title of the song was. It’s Crush by David Archuleta and since that day, he had decided that he would perform that song live at least one time.

That day they had their special segment on a live music show. Each member would be given an opportunity to sang one chosen song. Minho chose that song of course. That’s his chance to prove his feelings to Krystal.

I hung up the phone tonight
Something happened for the first time
Deep inside
It was a rush
What a rush
’Cause the possibility
That you would ever feel the same way
About me
It’s just too much
Just too much

Why do I keep running from the truth
All I ever think about is you
You got me hypnotized
So mesmerized
And I’ve just got to know

Do you ever think
When you’re all alone
All that we could be
Where this thing could go
Am I crazy or falling in love
Is it real or just another crush
Do you catch a breath
When I look at you
Are you holding back
Like the way I do
’Cause I’m trying, trying to walk away
But i know this crush ain’t going
Away
Going away

***

            “ Watch today’s performance on MBC at eight, “ Minho said through the phone.

            “ Eh, what’s up?”

            “ Just watch, don’t miss it okay?”

            “ Eh…okay,”

            “ Fine then, I’ll hang up, bye, and don’t forget!”

            “ Okay, oppa, I get it, bye,”

Krystal looked at her phone, wondering what performance would be on MBC later. She stared at the screen, it’s only eleven in the morning. She raised her brows then pressed the keypad button on her phone, made a call.

            “ Soo Jung? What’s up?” It’s Jessica.

            “ Unnie, did your boyfriend tell you to watch tonight performance on MBC?”

            “ Uh, no…not yet, maybe. Why?”

            “ Oh, nothing, it’s okay. I’ll hang up now, bye,” she cut the connection. Her curiosity just bad. She walked around the house, thinking, but not for long. She decided to give up after fifteen minutes trying to figure something out. She went downstairs and found her mother at the kitchen, preparing the lunch.

            “ Soo Jung-ah, you’re off today?” Her mom asked her.

            “ No, we’ll have a recording this afternoon,” she came closer, helping her mother preparing the table.

            “  You know I’m still waiting for having a proper family time,” her mother patted her shoulder. Both of them sat next to each other.

            “ Yeah, me too, Mom,” Krystal sent her a sad smile. After finishing their lunch, Krystal went back to her room, grabbed her bag and bid a goodbye to her mother. 

            Time passed without no one noticing. Krystal was having her dinner at the studio when fortunately Minho called again or else she would forget.

            “ Soo Jung-ah, remember what I told you?” Krystal brought her hand to her forehead and shook her head, although Minho couldn’t see her. But she didn’t want to disappoint him.

            “ Oh yes, of course. Watch MBC at ei-“ she glanced at the clock. 8.23 p.m. “ God! Okay -I’m sorry I forgot-“ she immediately stood up, looking for the TV remote. “ Unnie, where’s the remote? Change the channel to MBC please!” She went back to her phone. “ Sorry, I haven’t missed it, right?” she asked, anxious.

            “ No, no, you haven’t. Just watched the TV now, okay?”

            “ Okay, oppa, I’m really sorry,”

            “ It’s okay, Soo Jung, I’ll hang up now,” Krystal put her phone back to the pocket and glued her eyes to the TV screen.

            “ Now, Minho-gun, it’s your turn,”

            “ Eh, okay. I’ll sing a part of Crush by David Archuleta,”he said, smiling. He put the microphone close to his lips then he began to sing beautifully.

            Maybe it’s not the best performance ever. Even Krystal herself still could sing better than it,  but that’s not it. She could see him sang with all of his heart and that’s what matter. It’s a breath-taking performance to her. She could feel the butterflies again in her stomach and she couldn’t prevent herself for smiling like an idiot. Her cheeks blushed.

            “ Omo, is that for you, Krys? How sweet!” Luna squealed.

            “ Aaaahh, I’m sooo envy!” Sulli added, giggling.

            “ How I wish Changmin did that to me!” Victoria faked a pout.

            “ I want a boyfriend too!” Amber said, laughing.

            Krystal covered her face, embarrassed, but happy all the same time.

            “ What should I do, unnie?”

            “ Aigoo, our maknae is so cute!” Amber patted her head.

            “ Call him, call him,” Sulli suggest.

            “ Should I? Ahh, but I’m shy! Do you think he’s serious?” Krystal played with her hands, all the food on table was forgotten. Amber showed her both her thumbs.

            “ I’m sure! That’s the prove, aish, Krys,”

            “ Should I call him?” She bit her lip, hesitated.

            “ It’s okay, call him, we won’t eavesdropping,” Luna said, grinning. But before even Krystal could took out her phone from the pocket, it’s already vibrated.

            “ He’s calling, he’s calling!” She stated, her hands trembling so hard that the phone slipped down. “ Oh my, what to do, what to do?”

            “ Aigoo, Krys, why are you being like this?” Luna giggling. Sulli picked up the phone.

            “ Hello, oppa? No, Soo Jung’s here. Wait,” she handed the phone to Krystal who took it.

            “ Hello? Soo Jung?” Krystal did some weird movements to calm herself.

            “ Op-pa?” Her voice shaking.

            “ You’re okay?” Minho’s worried voice could be heard.

            “ No, oppa, I’m freaking dead,” Krystal answered, made her best puppy eyes to her members who were just grinning to each other.

            “ Let her alone,” Victoria said as she grabbed her plate and walked out, followed by the others.

            “ Yah, unnie, you can’t do this to me!” She shouted, put the phone away. She jogged around the room.

            “ Soo Jung, are you okay?” Minho’s voice stopped her. She felt her feet like jelly.

            “ Oppa,” She called, “ oppa, are you serious? I’m like a crazy women over here, you just don’t see what you’ve caused, “

            “ I’d love too see, Soo Jung.” He chuckled, “ By the way, I’ve just finished my schedule. Where are you?” Krystal could hear giggling and teasing at the other side of the phone.

            “ Aigoo, Krys, Minho wants to meet you!”

            “ Oh look, he’s so damn red!”

            “ Yah, hyung, stop it!”

            “ Minho hyung want to confess!”

            “ Yah, Tae, don’t spill!”

            “ Give me back- sorry, Soo jung, they’re so noisy,” Minho’s voice back. Krystal found herself laughing, she’s lot calmer then.

            “ It’s okay, oppa,”

            “ Where’re you? Why it’s so quiet there?”

            “ I’m at office building, you guys want to come over?”

            “ Oh, yeah, I’ll get you there then,”

            “ We’re coming too!”

            “ I want to watch!”

            “ We won’t miss it!”

***

            Minho found himself became nervous as Shinee’s van arrived at the office building.

            “ Let’s check first,” Key said, breaking the nervousness.

            “ Flowers, check,” Onew nodded.

            “ Romantic place, check,” Jonghyun grinned, showing his thumb.

            “ Background music, checked,” Key himself was the one who responsible for it.

            “ Too bad she’s already had dinner!” Taemin pouted.

            “ It’s too late, though, Tae,” Minho said, cleared his throat. He inhale more air and sighed.

            “ C’mon, Minho, hurry up,” Jonghyun slid the door open, pushing Minho out.

            “ We’re waiting for you at Tiffany’s Garden, okay?” Minho nodded.

            “ Really huge thanks for you guys,” he waved before rushing into the building.

            Krystal had already waiting for him at the front door, wearing her practice outfit.

            “ Have you been waiting for long?”

            “ No,” Krystal smiled, tried to ignore the butterflies. “ We’re going out?” Minho nodded and reaching out his arm.

            “ May I?” he asked, made a pose. Krystal felt she could fly.

            “ Of course,” she slipped her hand up to his arm.

***

Over every night and over every day,  stay by my side only.
Will you become my girlfriend,
To fill the empty left side of my heart?
Look carefully, you're inside my eyes.
I'm only a heartbeat away

Silently close your eyes and turn around.
The wind carries these words (my voice)
"I love you so much, my heart might explode"
I'm the only your heartbeat

Every night, everyday
The world becomes more beautiful.
The moment I saw you,
You were the biggest present the heavens have sent me.
You're my only one.

Over every night and over every day
Stay by my side only.
Will you become my girlfriend
To fill the empty left side of my heart?
Look carefully, you're inside my eyes.
I'm only one

I'm here to love you
I'm only one heartbeat away

            The garden looked so beautiful. It’s covered with white and red roses, candles everywhere. The red roses formed a big I, heart and U, while the candles were leading the way to the centre of the garden.  The white roses were covering the rest. Lights were hung between trees.

            Minho stopped his singing. He stepped closer to Krystal. “ I do don’t know how to sing well, I don’t know how to speak good words, and worse, I don’t know what you favorite flower was. But here, I chose the white and red roses because I know what they mean. And I’m sure I know how my feeling is for you,” He took one of her hands and led her toward the red roses.

 “ This is my feeling for you.” He showed it. He took both of her hands now and looked into her eyes. “ I-I like you, Jung Soo Jung. I, Choi Minho, loves you, Jung Soo Jing.” His heart pounding even harder in his chest. His cheeks burning.

Krystal didn’t respond. She hung her head low, rubbing her eyes. Or so Minho thought.   

            Krystal’s vision had already became blurry the moment he spoke the sentence. She could feel the tears of joy rolling down her cheeks. She thought she could explode anytime. Or fly. Or whatever. There’s no great word enough to describe her feelings that time.  

            “ Are you serious?” She asked, sobbing. Minho put his hands up to lift her face, kissing the tears gently.

            “ Why are you crying? Is it because of my voice?” He tried to make a joke which was obviously failed. Krystal shook her head and cried even harder, throwing herself to him, hugged him tight.

            “ Why are doing this to me?” She raised her voice. “ Why, oppa? Why?”

            “ Because I love you,” Minho kissed the top of her head. Krystal didn’t stop her cry though.

            “ Of course, oppa, of course, I would. ” She said in his chest.

She broke the hug, looked up at him, then smiled. “ I love you, too,” She tiptoed, pressed her lips against his gently.

           With that, the snow began to fall beautifully.

***

            22 years later.

            “ C’mon, Jin Yeon, come ov-“

            “ Yoo Won, watch out!” Before Yoo Won can do a thing, something hard already landed on his perfect face.

            “ Aw,” he holds his nose.

            “ Sorry! Sorry!,” Both Yoo Won and Jin Yeon can see someone running towards them. It’s a girl, not wearing any uniform but a polo shirt and denim shorts. The girl is almost as tall as Jin Yeon, has long shiny black hair, huge round black eyes and fair skin. Beautiful and doesn’t look like Korean at all. Maybe that’s why she apologized in English.

            “ Are you okay?” She asked, looks worried. Yoo Woon shakes his head.

            “ Well, I guess,” he answered back in English.

            “ Oh my, Minjung?” Jin Yeon’s eyes widened. The girl turns her head, her eyes narrowing.

            “ Who-? Oh! Jin Yeon!” A bright smile appears on her face. She throws herself to Jin Yeon. “ Long time no see!”

            “ Not Jin Yeon, but Jin Yeon oppa. What are you doing here?” Minjung releases herself from Jin Yeon.

            “ I’m waiting for Mom and Dad. They’re talking to your principal. Well, guess what? I’m going to be in your school!”

            “ Really!? Aigoo, all of this is too sudden but guess what? I’m happy too!” Both of them hugs each other again. Yoo Won just looking at them, confused. His brows raised.

            “ Yah, what the hell? You two know each other?” He pokes Jin Yeon.

            “ Of course! She’s Choi Minjung, my cousin,” 

            “ Who’s he, Jin Yeon? Your friend?” Minjung asked. Jin Yeon smiled to both of them.

            “ C’mon, let me introduce you two to each other. Yoo Won-ah, this is Choi Minjung, My Uncle Minho and Aunt Soo Jung’s daughter, and Minjung-ah, this is Yoo Won. You must’ve heard about Uncle Siwon and Aunt Yuri, right? Well, he’s their son.”