chapter 4

Waiting for You

 

Minho stared at the window blankly. It’s such a good day, contrast to the day before.

            “ Minho? Here’s your meal,” Key walked in, brought a food tray in his hands. Minho successfully caught a fever the night before which made him got some time rest. He turned his head, sent Key a small smile.

            “ Thanks, Kibum. Just put it on the table,”

            “ How’s your condition? Is it better?” Key checked Minho’s forehead. “ It’s still burning, but it’s better. You have to eat now, Minho. You have to drink the medicine so you can back healthy as soon as possible. Remember we have a CF shooting and an interview this evening,” Key took a sit beside Minho, put the tray on his lap. “ You want me to feed you?”

            “ No, I can do it myself. Thank you,” Minho took the tray, but he didn’t eat the food. He just stared at it.

            “ Tell me, Minho,” Key knew. He knew there’s something wrong with his bandmate because there’s no way Minho would be playing under the rain like the day before.

            “ Kibum, I need somebody to talk to.” Minho said, still stared at the tray. The second the sentence slipped out from Minho’s mouth, Key sure one hundred percent that there’s something wrong with his bandmate. Key wasn’t a good listener but hey, this was Minho who needed someone to talk to. It’s something rare happen.

            “ Okay, talk to me, I’ll try to be a good listener.” Key crossed his legs. “ But can’t you eat first? It’ll be cold.”

            “ I’m not in the mood for eating, Kibum,”

            “ Nah, like I care. You eat first and I’ll listened to you after that. Isn’t it a great deal?” Minho sighed. He knew he wouldn’t win Key in that kind of thing. He ate his meal slowly. Suprisingly, Key was able to wait for him to finish the food. He’s proud of himself for that. Minho put the tray on the table and drank his medicine.

            “ Spill it,” Key said.

            “ What?” Minho raised his brows.

            “ What you want to talk about, duh,”

            “ Oh yes.” Minho sighed again. It’s all silence for a moment.

            “ Do you want to talk or not, Minho?” Key couldn’t wait anymore. “ Just spill it,”

            “ Kibum.” He stopped then continued, “ if your girlfriend’s cheating on you, what will you do?” Key’s mouth slightly opened. He needed to process what Minho just said.

            “ What? Who? Yuri noona?”

            “ Just answer me,”

            “ Oh my, she’s really cheating on you,” Key mumbled. “ If my girlfriend’s cheating on me- eh, but wait. How did you know? Like, there’s a prove?”

            ” I…” Minho couldn’t continue his sentence. The scene played again in his mind like a CF.

            “ If you don’t have any prove, then you have to talk to her. By the way, what make you think that she’s cheating?” Minho brushed his hair with his hand..

            “ I saw,”

            “ Huh?”

            “ I saw them with my own eyes! They’re freaking kissing! How it didn’t make me think that way?” Minho cried in frustration. He needed to let it out.

            Key’s eyes widened in disbelief. His mouth formed a big ‘o’. For the first time, Almighty Key was speechless.

            “ I don’t know what did I do wrong, but can’t she just tell me? I’ll fix it! But no! She’s just cheating on me and worse, it’s with hyung….” Minho stopped talking. His vision had already been blurry and he just couldn’t let his tears fell again. Key sighed.

            “ Are you sure she’s cheating?” Minho didn’t respond. “ Until you’re sure of it, then just break up.”

***

            Many thanks to Key, Minho’s condition got better enough to let him joined Shinee’s activites like which had been scheduled for that day.

            “ Oppa!” Luna was the first one who greeted them when they arrived at the studio for their CF shoot. Amber, Sulli and Victoria later joined her, greeted them one by one.

“Whenever I know that Shinee and f(x) will do a same advertisement or CF, i can’t wait for the shooting.”

            Minho’s eyes wandering around the room. There’s no sign of Krystal’s presence. Before he realized, he already asked Sulli.

            “ Where’s Krystal?”

            “ Oh, Krys? She’s not joining us today.”  Minho’s brows furrowed.

            “ Why?”

            “ She’s sick.”

            “ Oh? She’s sick?” Sulli nodded.

            “ She went under the rain yesterday. And after getting at apartment, instead of immediately taking a warm bath and resting, she went out again. I don’t know, I thought she went back to her home but later I knew, she fainted at SNSD’s dorm.” Sulli shook her head. Minho gulped. That must be his fault. Only if he had hid himself before Krystal saw him, she wouldn’t have kept him company in the middle of the rain and getting sick.

            “ So where’s she treated? Hospital?”

            “ Yes,”

***

            Minho sat quietly at the back of the van. He already told Onew and their manager that he would visit Krystal at the hospital and fortunately, they just agreed like that. Taemin offered him company but Minho just refused it. He didn’t know why though. The van arrived at the hospital ten minutes later and he took off from it.

            He put his scarf up, and walked to the receptionist.

            “ Good evening. Uh, may I know where’s Jung Soo Jung’s room?” he asked.

            “ Jung Soo Jung a.k.a Krystal from f(x) band?” The nurse asked to convinced. Minho nodded. “ May I know who are you?”

            “ Minho from Shinee,” he put his scarf down a bit and revealed his face. The nurse nodded.

            “ She’s at room 502,”

            “ Thank you,” Minho walked to the elevator and jumped in. He pushed the button and waited. When it’s arrived, he slipped out between the doors and looking for the room. It’s not hard, since the room was right next to the nurse’s area. He knocked twice. There’s no respond. He decided to enter. He turned the door handle and stepped in.

            Krystal was on her bed, already conscious. She’s reading a magazine and there’s no one else in the room. Minho cleared his throat. Krystal looked up from her magazine and her eyes widened in surprise.

            “ Oppa? What are you doing here?” She asked like usual.

            “ Do you have to always ask me that question?” Minho asked back, chuckled, glad that Krystal was looked at least normal. Like the usual Krystal, not even looked pale or what, only with an IV attached to her hand.

            “ No, I just… well, surprised.” Krystal grinned. Minho took a sit beside her bed and he could see a light blush on her cheeks. Then it hit him. The guilt. What he was doing there? He didn’t like her back so why did he make her blush? Did he make her hopes go up? But he just visited her, friends do that, right?  Minho nodded to convince himself. Yes, there’s nothing wrong with it.

            “ So…how’s your condition?” He asked, looking everywhere else but her.

            “ I’m okay.” Krystal answered simply. She tried her best to keep her expression.

            “ What did the doctor say?”

            “ Nothing. I just got a high fever but it’s okay now. I’ll be out of here tomorrow,”

            “ I got a fever too,” Minho said randomly. He smiled. “ You’re alone?”

            “ No, I’m with you, right?” She laughed together with him.

            “ No, I mean, where’re you parents? Or the members? Your friends?”

            “ My parents are having dinner down there, the members maybe are doing their schedules, and my friends, they’re preparing for exams I guess. By the way, it’s okay. It’s not like I broke my legs or something.” Minho forced a smile.

            “ Don’t worry, you’re not alone. I- eh wait,” he could feel his phone vibrating in his pocket. He took it out and looked at the screen.

Sweetheart Yuri

            His heart skipped a beat. His grip tightened. He couldn’t. Not that fast. He pushed the ‘end call’ button.

            “ Why don’t you pick up?” Krystal asked, craning her neck, curious.

            “ It’s ended.” Minho shrugged, gave his best act. “ From hyung. I’ll text him when I’ll get back.”

            “ And when you will get back?” Minho shrugged again.

            “ I’ll get back when there’s someone else accompany you,”

***

btw, merry christmas to all readers ;D