Chapter Six

A Chance to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a Monday morning but it was a holiday so the kids had no school. Usually, they would go somewhere and eat out when everyone was free but not today. Bambam was not in the mood today and Jackson could notice it. 

"Hey," he called. He reached for Bambam's hand on the kitchen table and squeezed it. "You've been spacing out and sighing a lot. Is something bothering you?" 

He stared at Jackson. How did you know Mark? Why was he with you with the kids yesterday? if only he could ask these question. "No. Nothing. Just a bit dizzy, that's it," he replied. He hoped Jackson believed him. 

Jackson moved forward to palm his neck and forehead. "You aren't hot," he said. "Would you want to stay here and rest? The kids and I can go to restaurant."

Bambam smiled at him. This was the part of Jackson that he liked the most - his kindness. If only he had loved Jackson, everything would be perfect. Unfortunately, that was not the case because the heart cannot be taught who to love. 

"No way.I'm coming with you guys," he responded. 

Jackson smiled. "OK. Let's prepare?" Then he stood up and walked to the kids' bedroom. 

 

 

Once they reached the restaurant, they were welcomed by Bambam's mom. The kids hurriedly opened the door and dashed towards her. 

"Grandma!"

"Aigoo, my little angels!" She said cheerfully. 

"Hey mom." Bambam kissed his mom on the kids. Jackson did the same. 

"Hey auntie." 

"C'mon. Let's get inside."

"Mom, aren't there a lot of people today?" Bambam asked. 

"Not really. The staffs could handle it well. Though I may ask Jackson to help us carry the boxes of ingredients once the delivery arrived."

"Sure!" He smiled. Bambam's mom laughed. 

Inside the house, the children went to one of their room where their toys are kept. Bambam wanted to seize the opportunity to talk to his mom but not when Jackson was around. After half an hour, the delivery truck had arrived. Jackson went down to assist. On the other hand, the kids took some toys out and went to Bambam. "Papa, can we play outside?' Min asked. 

" What if you get hit by a car? Or get lost like last time on the park?"

"Please papa!" pleaded Jae. "We won't go out. We'll stay in the small garden outside. Please?' 

" No. I'm worried." Call Bambam a worrywart because truthfully, he was like that. 

"Son," he was interrupted by his mom. "Let them play. There are a lot of people that could watch over them. Jackson is downstairs too so please, put your mind at ease." 

Bambam breathed out and turn to the kids. "Okay, just be careful outside, OK?" 

"Yes papa! Thank you!" 

Once they went out, Bambam called his mom. "Mom, I have something to tell.. " 

His mom was a bit stunned by his son's serious tone. He usually sounded like this when he was in trouble. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" 

"I... I saw their father."

"What?!" She exclaimed. "What happened next? Did he recognize the kids? What did he say when you met? What was his reaction? Did you talk? Did you-" 

"MOM!" He cut her off. "Let me speak first, and one a question at a time please." 

"I'm sorry son. I was just carried away." She pulled a chair and sat beside Bambam. "Now tell me the whole story."

Bambam narrated what happened yesterday when they went out: how he saw Mark talking to Jackson and the kids. When he said this, his mom held his hand tightly. 

"Do you think Jackson knows Mark?" 

"I don't know mom. I never asked."

"Why not?" 

"Because if I asked, he would know I lied to him. Then he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter