Chapter Ten

A Chance to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mr. Prince! Why are you here? How did you know where we live?" Jae and Min asked. 

"Well... I asked your teacher?" Mark answered. He smiled at the children while carefully caressing their hair. 

Bambam cleared his throat to get everyone's attention. "Excuse me kids. Please let him in". 

"Sorry Mr. Prince!" The kids pulled Mark inside their house and let him sit comfortably on the couch. 

"Mr. Prince, what do you want? Tea? Juice? Water?" Min asked excitedly. 

"How about cakes? Bread?" Jae interrupted. 

Mark could not help but laugh at the hospitality the kids were showing to him. "I'm fine. I'm not thirsty nor hungry". He reassured the kids. 

"Oh that's sad. Papa's cooking is the best in the whole world! Right papa?" 

"Oh thank you". Bambam should have been used to hearing his kids' compliments but that time, he wanted to dig a hole underground to cover his embarassment. 

"Mr. Prince would you want to eat breakfast with us?" Min asked. 

Dining with kids was surely a good idea but Mark was pretty sure it would be awkward. "No it's fine! I can just leave for a while and come back later. Sorry, I don't mean to interrupt you". Mark stood up, ready to leave when Bambam called his name. 

"Mark". He looked at Bambam but the younger one averted his eyes. "Please stay. And eat with us". 

"No it's okay. I don't want to-"

"Please. I insist" Bambam said while putting an emphasis on the words. 

Mark smiled and nodded. "Sure. I'm honored. Thanks". 

"Yay!" The kids rejoiced. Min lead him towards the dining area while Jae pulled a chair where Mark could seat. Bambam followed suit, preparing another set of plate and utensils for the guest. He sat beside Mark due to the kids' insistence. 

Everything could have been perfect minus the awkwardness filled in the air. The kids did not seem to notice but Mark and Bambam were aware of it. They avoided any form of physical contact so as not to make things worse. 

Once they finished eating, Mark offered to help clean the dishes but Bambam declined. "Let me do it. You're the guest. Just make yourself comfortable" and like an obedient child, he followed. However before he turned his back to go back to the living room, he heard Bambam muttered "Why are you here?" 

Mark, reading between the lines , replied "I'm sorry for leaving you last time. But now I have come here for the kids. I want to be a dad to them". 

Bambam stopped whatever he was doing, and examined Mark. There was no more hint of doubt and uncertain sense of responsibility. "What if the kids aren't yours? Would you demand for DNA testing?" He suddenly asked. 

Mark felt ashamed a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter