Chapter 05

Note To God
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 5 He knew he wasn’t supposed to be there. He knew he wasn’t supposed to even care. Yet he found himself phasing back and forth looking really worried for the unconscious girl on the bed which is being tend by the old lady he had an argument a night ago.

He wanted to know why, why would the girl scream with pain and for help that much. He knew that it wasn’t a simple sickness but he was hoping that whatever it is, it’s far from what he’s actually thinking.

He wanted to ask the old lady about it but seeing her looking worried as well made Jaejoong to think twice about even bringing up the talk. He saw the old lady put an IV on her hand and waited for a few minutes before injecting another medicine into her.

He sat on the couch helplessly and dipped his heavy hurting head in between his two hands as he groan a little in frustration.

“Don’t worry she’s ok she didn’t take her medicines on time that’s why she had an…. attack” the old lady assured him, maybe sensing his discomforts

he looked up and stared at the old ladies back. She didn’t even looked back. It’s as if she was trying to hide the fact that the girl was sick.

“No she’s not ok” he hissed as he stood up but could not really find the courage to walk towards her.

The old lady look flustered, She smiled knowing that somehow the pretty young arrogant guy was not really that bad

“i’m telling you that she is, no need to be that agitated” The old lady smirked then proceeded into covering Dara’s lower body with her blanket. Her nonchalance seemed to made him angrier

“Are you gonna tell me what’s wrong with her or i’m gonna force it out of you?” he hissed again

“No, You have no right to know and I have no right to tell you either”

“AJHUMMA!” Jaejoong impatiently stood tall in front of the old lady, his eyes threatening the other.

“Nana, please leave… I will tell him myself” a small weak voice came from behind making both looked back from where they are standing. The old lady nodded and gave Jaejoong one disgusted look before going completely out of the room.

*******************************************

Jaejoong couldn’t tell if he was to believe what he just heard. The truth wouldn’t sink in, or maybe he was still in denial. His dreadful walk from her cottage back to his own took him more time than the usual. It’s as if each step he took away from her was like a knife that cuts deep into him making him believe that she was dying.

It only took them two meetings, and one day for him to realize how valuable life is. No, he only think it is valuable because he met her. He was falling in love. For the first time after a year he was finally falling in love but unlike those love stories he knew there won’t be a happy ending for them .

He sat lifelessly on the bench outside his porch. His eyes fixed on a wide window on the the cottage right next to his. There he saw her, still on bed and was peacefully sleeping

His eyes widened feeling his own tears flows out of his eyes, the eyes that remained cold and emotionless for such a long time. His fingers wiped it away as he looked at his own wet hands. He was crying? He shook his head not really believing that he was, but opposite of what he wanted… his eyes continued to release tears…. one after another… it annoyed him yet he like the feeling of crying over her.

“Why?” is all he could ask. He wasn’t sure to whom that question was for. To himself maybe…? To her…? Or to God….

~flashback~

“What do you mean you’re dying?” he asked through his cracked voice. He was sitting right next to her on her bed. Their hands intertwined as his thumb continuously caressing and creating circles on the back of her hand.

She smiled “I’m dying…i’ll be gone… this will be my last year… or probably my last month or even week”

“How can you say that? Did you get a second opinion? What’s you’re sickness? Didn’t you find a cure? How about going on an operation?”

She shook her head and smiled again. She loved how the guy looked desperate and worried in front of her. She love how the used to be cold guy looked so emotional in front of her. Yes she knew him… She likes him. She was a fan. Ever since he debut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter