Resolved?

Wedding Jitters

"Just put it there and it will be perfect, thank you!" 

One sunny day, in the middle of ruckus of people moving here and there, a slender with medium height man stood and meticulously ordered some me to lift things and put them back and forth as he wanted. Once in a while, he would meticulously inspect the flowers arrangements, decorative ribbons and the arrangement of wooden table. He would personally lay white lace mixed with fake flowers on every wooden chair. Feeling satisfied, he stood up and continued to inspect more areas to cover.

"Taeminnie,how is it going?" asked Kihyun who had just arrived, panting after running. He waved his hand to his sweaty face. 

Taemin smiled and instictively showed his list which mostly checked. "80% done. It will be fully done by this afternoon at 1 pm." Then he asked curiously, "And what are you even doing here, Kihyunnie? You should be in spa. Treating and indulging yourself before the night." 

Kihyun grinned. "I am just nervous."

Taemin nodded, understood. "It happened. Relax, I got it right here. I personally guarantee that it will be amazing and I will send you the photos after everything's done. And you--" he intently gazed to Kihyun's body all over, "--need to go to spa that I told you. Treat your hair, massage your body to relax and oh they provide the free waxing too."

"Waxing?" Kihyun's face looked confused.

Taemin whispered suggestively. "Yes. 'That' special part, you know. From front to the back super clean."

Kihyun's cheeks got reddened suddenly. Unconsciously he slapped Taemin's arm, "YA! ert!"

Taemin on the other hand, wincing and laughing at same time. "Owh! Owh. Ah, you're small  guy with angry hands! I bet Hyunwoo hyung's back will not survive from your powerful scratch too." And once again getting more furious slap from Kihyun. He brought his hands to defend himself. "Alright. Now please go. you are interupting the work of an artist here. I might not be able to continue this on time and you can't have the wedding you want."

Kihyun retracted his hands and grinned. The threat worked well. "Stop saying embarrassing thing. Hft, don't you know how nervous I am now?"

Taemin laughed. He put the list on his hand to the nearest table and reached out both of Kihyun's hands. Kihyun stared in confusion but didn't pull his hands back. Taemin smiled and said with sincerity, "Don't worry. I will present you the best wedding party as my respect and gratitude for Hyunwoo hyung. And because of him, I also found myself a new good friend. Be relax and happy. You will marry the best person in the world and you will happily with him through thick and thin."

Taemin's words brought a broad smile in Kihyun's face. He looked down to the ground, feeling touched and stared back to Taemin. "Hey Taemin, thank you. I'm also glad to know you and be called friend."

"And what I mean that I found a good friend is Hyungwonnie, actually." said Taemin teasingly and earned a slap from Kihyun again. "Ya!" yelled Kihyun furiously but without threatening tone in his voice.

Taemin laughed again. "Now go. It's hurting my eyes seeing you here during my work of art." said Taemin, shushing Kihyun away from the place.

Kihyun smiled. "Alright. I won't disturb you. See you later, Minnie." Kihyun turned his back to leave. But before he got any further, he turned back and said, "And eh, that free-- waxing--is still on, right?"

************************************************************************************************** 

From Taemin's acquaintance, Hyunwoo and Kihyun got themselves a wedding venue in Busan port, in a cruise ship that was decked to the port. They even got a reserved rooms in the ship for a night. The party would be held at afternoon started around 6. The port was usually busy every hour but they had it done because it was situated in exclusive area which the cruise ship usually decked. Taemin even personally would be the event coordinator and organizer. Hyunwoo and Kihyun lost their words when Taemin personally delivered the news and offered himself to organize the party.

Hyunwoo parked his car near the port and greeted by some of people he knew that also helped him organizing the party. He was restricted to meet Kihyun two days before wedding party as the 'part of tradition' in Yoo family in which he fully obeyed. Having granted to marry their son was a blessing for him and he didn't want to ask for more. But at night he would call Kihyun until late at night because he didn't get used to be separated with Kihyun like this and it took quite sometimes to feel the only companion he had was his pillow. And blanket.

He spotted Taemin from afar and jogged for a bit to come to him. They were still a little awkward being together only both of them but Hyunwoo really wanted to make things clear between both of them before he tied his entire being to a person named Yoo Kihyun.

"Minnie-ah." he called.

Taemin turned to face him. He was sweating under the sun. But he was still smiling. The same smile he had from the day they first met until they parted. Hyunwoo sighed. This had to stop. The awkwardness and the memories.

"Hey hyung. Whoaah, the grooms visited me in one day. they had to be so nervous at this moment." Taemin chirped as soon as he approached the older.

Hyunwoo smiled. He nodded, "Who isn't at their own wedding day?"

Taemin smiled understandingly. Hyunwoo asked, "So the preparation?"

Taemin made an 'okay' gesture with his fingers. "By 1 pm, I'll make sure this is all wrapped up." 

"That's great then. Ah ehm, can we talk for a moment?" asked Hyunwoo again, but now with seriousness expression in his face. Taemin stared for a while and nodded. "Sure hyung."

They walked past some workers who were preparing the large tents and moved tables around. They entered the cruise ship with small talks until they reached stairs and entered a hall. Taemin proudly said, "This will be your wedding aisle." 

Hyuwoo smiled looking at the wide space of the hall that could contain for hundreds guests. He looked at Taemin and said with grateful tone. I have nor word to say Minnie-ah. Thank you so much."

"Eey, this hyung. It's nothing for a Taemin to make this happens!" he said that with cheerful tone and gesture. He picked a seat and sat before signaling to Hyunwoo to do the same. "Wow ... it's just few more hours hyung." he talked with eyes on their surroundings, imagining the party.

Hyunwoo did the same. Replying with unfocused mind, "Yeah, in just few hours I'd be tied forever." 

Taemin turned his head and stared at Hyunwoo. "How do you feel about it?" The question made Hyunwoo's focus back to Taemin. "Sorry?"

"How do you feel about it? Being tied up forever?" he asked with sincere curiosity.

Hyunwoo smiled gently and turned his eyes to the altar. "Nervous. Afraid. Happy. Thrilled. Doubt." 

"Doubt?" asked Taemin, copying Hyunwoo's last word.

Hyunwoo nodded and continued, "I'm doubting my self a little. Can I make this man happy forever? Can our marriage work well as I imagine it would be? Can he accept my past and failures? Can I live without fear day by day of his safety when I am not around him for 24 hours? That sort of things." said Hyunwoo softly, eyes fixed on the flower decoration in the altar.

Taemin smiled. He looked in front of him too. "I'm happy to hear that that is kind of doubt you're feeling right now."

Hyunwoo turned his face. "What kind of doubt you think I will have?" 

Taemin gulped. He smiled guiltily. "I've been wedding organizer for quite so long. I've seen couples on their wedding days. I've seen their hopes and dreams. Sometimes even they talked to me about everything before the party began. Some were happy and some were doubtful," Taemin paused for a while, "They were doubting themselves whether marriage was their only option to be happy, whether their pairs were the only true soul mates, whether they made the right decision to marry their partners, whether they would be happy and content with their partners. That sort of things." Taemin sighed.

"I ask myself after listening to their talks. So what's the good of having married to someone then? But listen to you hyung. You clearly have the right kind of doubt of which make me sure how much you love Kihyun."

Hyunwoo chuckled lightly. "I do love him. That small naggy jealous grumpy man."  

Taemin laughed hearing Hyunwoo's words. "Wow. You have a really good taste in man." said Taemin but abruptly stopped his words seeing the slight changing in Hyunwoo's expression. Hyunwoo cleared his throat and smiled jokingly, "I really do have a good taste, don't I?" His eyes fixed on Taemin's which made Taemin slightly felt nervous about Hyunwoo's remark. There's thousand meanings behind those simple words and Taemin was unable to decipher with his mind was preoccupied with questions.

"Hyung," said Taemin weakly. He wanted to make things clear between them and that required his courage to bring out the ancient topic they had been avoiding for so long. "The thing that happened between us--" 

"It's not 'the thing' , Minnie-ah. We were in love back then. Or I fell in love with you that time. I never knew how you really felt back then." said Hyunwoo with light tone. "It was weird to meet you again. The memory was coming back to the surface and for a while I had no idea what to do, "Hyunwoo paused.

He smiled on his own thought and continued, "It was hard for me when I came back to Korea after we met. I still found myself trying to reach out for you. But fate wasn't on my side and I never got the chance to meet you or contact you. Then Kihyun came into my life and somehow I felt the life bloomed again in my life. And I found this unbelievable thing happened that I thought that I couldn't ever feel again. I fall in love. I fall in love with the man that's the opposite of you. I had always thought that you were my ideal type of man, you know. And Kihyun came ruining it." Hyunwoo laughed.

Taemin smiled gently of Hyunwoo's words. "He really IS something." remarked Taemin.

"He is. He really is. I used to hit my head back then for stupidly falling in love with that grumpy man and pitied my self for not being able to find another man who could replace him. He is becoming my life and I am more than willing to sacrifice everything for him."

Hyunwoo then turned his face to Taemin.

"I was in love with you when you came to my life. And I was thankful that I ever knew you because if not, I might never open my heart for a guy. The fact that we met again and you help me to make this wedding come true is something unimaginable for me. But I believe that this meeting has brought us to a new place and meaning. A much closer state of being just past-lovers, "Hyunwoo paused for a moment, " A real friendship." he ended his words with  genuine smile towards Taemin.

Taemin smiled back. The doubt and unclear thought he had was now disappeared with this clear statement from Hyunwoo.

"Yes hyung. I would love that." he replied without any further intention to argue back because what he felt for Hyunwoo was long gone with the last petals on Spring time in Japan where he waved goodbye to Hyunwoo.

******************************************************************** 

Minhyuk ran hastily to the spa where he promised he would accompany Kihyun today. Despite the last harsh words and accusation Kihyun had thrown to him, he still loved his friend and he was there all the time in the hospital to help Kihyun and Hyunwoo with everything that he could.

Cursed inwardly, he was stumbling when he wanted to open the door due to his rush action. He found Kihyun was sitting in the sofa inside the lobby of the spa.

"Kihyunnie, sorry for being late. I had something to do." Minhyuk apologized with a grin. Yes, he was really busy ... having short lunch date with Hoseok in his place. And of course he wouldn't tell Kihyun about it. He still wanted to stay alive to attend Kihyun and Hyunwoo's wedding.

Kihyun stared at him with unamused expression. "Yeah sure." He got up and told the staff of the spa about his reservation. Before they went inside, Kihyun said, "By the way, Hoseok hyung called earlier and told me about the 'lunch date' he had with you. Congrats, eh, both of you are official."

Minhyuk gasped. That hyung ... he cursed again. But he saw a light curve in Kihyun's lips as if he wanted to smile, he scratched his nape. "Uh, ehm, he suddenly showed up in my place bringing lunch and he was so cute and handsome and I couldn't reject his offer to have lunch and--" Minhyuk's words were cut by Kihyun's hand gesture, "Alright, alright. No need to explain about it. I am happy for you. Now come on. We can talk about it inside." said Kihyun.

They both came inside the spa room to enjoy the massage and full body treatment. Kihyun looked relaxed during the treatment until he got the 'extra' treatment. Full body waxing.

"Aaaaaacck!" The room was filled with Kihyun's screams. Minhyuk was closing his ears and wincing. He only looked at the process when Kihyun's legs were waxed. At first he laughed heartily but when Kihyun, devilishly asked the Aesthetician to wax Minhyuk's legs too, of which produced a mating whale-high octave scream from Minhyuk.

Wincing and whining, Minhyuk shot Kihyun a betrayed look. "I am highly in doubt you are being kind taking me to spa for being a good friend or having your sweet revenge on me."

Kihyun laughed and screamed abruptly as the Aesthetician started to work on his private area. "Ah..ah..ah, hurt ..."

The Aesthetician smiled and said, "Just for a while. It's for your wedding day right? I will guarantee you'll be having great time with your couple tonight."

"We ALWAYS have great time together." Kihyun retorted and winced.

"Oohh, trust me. Your couple will eat you alive tonight." said The Aesthetician naughtily. She smiled with her own remark and made Kihyun blushed.

Minhyuk threw a disgusted look to Kihyun. 

After the long-painful waxing process, Kihyun and Minhyuk were ushered to have relaxing steam bath. Lying down on their stomachs side by side, they started to doze off. That's when Minhyuk opened his eyes and curiously exposed Kihyun's bathrobe that covered his  to see the result of waxing. "Whooah,, it's so clean like baby , Kihyunnie!" Minhyuk was agape of what he saw.

Kihyun on the other hand, abruptly got up and pulled back his bathrobe and started to attack Minhyuk with pinching and slapping. "You brat! Are you tired of living??" He continuously hit Minhyuk with a towel in his hand while Minhyuk was laughing and defending him self. 

The fight didn't last for long as they both sprawled together on the wooden floor, exhausted. Kihyun had still his revenge by kept pinching Minhyuk's arms and stomach. 

"Wah, Hyunwoo hyung will have great feast tonight!" shouted Minhyuk happily. Kihyun slapped him again. "Aww! Ah stop it Kihyunnie. You can't wait to show that to Hyunwoo hyung right?'

Kihyun glared from Minhyuk's side. "Ya! Our bed activity is not for you to know!" 

Minhyuk giggled. He raised his both legs up in the air to check his own waxed legs. "Eum ... I wonder if Hoseok hyung loves to see this.." he mumbled to himself and successfully made Kihyun glanced at him. "What should he expect from your chicken legs though?"

"Ya!!" Minhyuk slapped his friend back. Kihyun grinned and winced at same time so it's hard to know which feeling he had now. Between amused and mischievous. "How serious are you with Hoseok hyung?

Minhyuk choked on his saliva and made Kihyun chuckled. "Aigoo~~ that hard? Tsk, you both should've dated long time ago." Kihyun shook his head in disbelief.

Minhyuk blushed and pretended to be annoyed, "I'm not a opportunist who wanted to take granted of my friendship with Hoseok hyung!" he stuck his tongue to Kihyun. Kihyun snorted. He didn't say a thing as his mind wandered off. He was about to let the words go when he captured a moment to ask the truth. Mustering his courage, he cleared his throat. "Minhyuk-ah," he called Minhyuk in a soft tone. 

Minhyuk turned his head to face Kihyun who was staring to the ceiling. "Hm?"

Kihyun gulped down his saliva. He asked with a slight fear in his tone. Afraid to find the truth yet dying to know. "What you felt for Hoseok hyung ... is it same with Hyunwoo hyung? Back then or now?"

Minhyuk was quiet for a while. He knew this question would be popped out someday and he already knew the answer. Minhyuk said with a firm tone, "I like him, of course."

It's Kihyun's turn now to be quiet. The question that he knew what the answer would be turned to make him tongue tied. He cursed inwardly for his curious nature. "Have told him about it?" he asked again after being quiet for some time.

Minhyuk nodded to him self. "Sure. Many times. I couldn't even count it."

Kihyun sat up abruptly and asked in higher tone. "Yah! Why didn't you try harder? If you like someone you should fight for it! Why did you give up in the middle and let me take what you supposed to have??"

Minhyuk blinked his eyes in confusion. He suddenly laughed seeing how furious Kihyun was. "Ya! What are thinking you're doing? Giving up your Hyunwoo hyung?"

Kihyun huffed. "It's not like that. I mean sometimes I feel like I came into your friendship with Hoseok and Hyunwoo hyung and ruined what you and Hyunwoo might have in the past and it's not like that I don't like what you and Hoseok hyung have--" Kihyun started to blabber as Minhyuk reached his hands and said, "--there's nothing going on between me and Hyunwoo hyung, Kihyun-ah. Not even a slight."

Kihyun abruptly stopped his words and widened his eyes, "Eh?" and successfully got a hit on his head from Minhyuk. "Pabo. There was nothing and surely is nothing going on between me and Hyunwoo hyung. It's purely and absolutely friendship, damn ." said Minhyuk with annoyed face.

"Really? B-but.."

"No but. The answer is no. I don't care what people said but there is nothing going between me and Hyunwoo hyung. I mean romantic way. When I said I like him, I didn't lie, Kihyunnie. Who doesn't like him? That kind-hearted gentle bear you have, no one can resist his charm! I can't even resist him but not in romantic way. He is and will always be an older brother I never have." Minhyuk explained with a smile on his face. He squished Kihyun's hands a bit to emphasize what he said, "It started when we were in college. I mean the death of my mother still left me a big scar and when my father got married again and brought this new family to me, I felt like collapsing. It was hard. I remembered how much I hated my father that time.," Minhyuk paused and sighed, "Hoseok hyung and I have felt what is it losing a family. Or part of it. We were too fragile to admit that we were slowly crumbling down. And that's when I met Hyunwoo hyung from Hoseok hyung. He was like an anchor to me and Hoseok hyung's ship that were going to sink. He held us steadfastly and brought us to himself. He protects us so we may find safe shelter to stay connected and whole."

They both stared to each other without saying anything. Minhyuk smiled. "That's what people saw when he tirelessly encouraged and accompanied me when I was about to break. They said many things but I knew and Hyunwoo hyung knew us better than anyone. We didn't really care about it. And when you came around ..." Minhyuk paused a bit and smiled with tears in his eyes, "--was the happiest time for Hyunwoo hyung and me. I was happy that he found someone who is as stubborn as you to love that gentle man who sacrificed so much to help me and Hoseok hyung. I am really happy that he gets rewarded well. Can't believe I say this but the reward is you, Kihyunnie. I'm happy for both of you. Believe me." Minhyuk's tears rolled down as he smiled. Kihyun could feel the pang of guilt crept on his heart and the twisted knot inside his stomach.

"Minhyukkie..." Kihyun was about to say something when suddenly Minhyuk hugged him tightly. "I'm happy to know you and to call you a friend. I know your good heart and is happy knowing that the heart of yours is beating for Hyunwoo hyung too. I love both of you, you know. Please don't doubt me anymore."

Kihyun nodded in Minhyuk's arms. He was going to cry but silently held his tears, letting the silence consumed both of them. There was no words needed as he slowly embraced the new blooming friendship he had all along but now with a different heart. He let Minhyuk cried while hugging him. 

"Thank you." he whispered to Minhyuk in a soft tone.

************************************************************************* 

 

Kihyun was panic. Screaming internally, he glanced to his phone. Nothing. 

His heart beat so fast. He was going to cry in any minute now. All the preparation and things planned from the beginning was going to end like this? He wiped his tears that were falling. 

If only he listened to what his father said.

He wouldn't have to stand here, waiting for miracle to save his wedding.

But he knew it was useless to wait. He needed to move on.

Kihyun, clenched his fists, staring at his reflection on the glass window. Wiping his tears, he said to himself, "It's over ..."

 

 

 

 

~~TBC~~

 

 

a/n  hi all ^^

I did it! I made it! Although at first I planned this to be the last chap but I need to make a little longer. Haha ...

I hope everyone is healthy and happy!

Lately I've been busy and kinda lazy to update. But with the atmosphere of Monsta X's comeback, I think I need to calm myslef down with writing.

and don't worry, I'll update the others too! 

Enjoy and do comments if you like this chap ^^

annyeong!!