Rekindled

Wedding Jitters

Kihyun was walking around in sulky face. He followed the man in front of him who energetically showing every wedding accessories in the bridal shops they were visiting. His mind was chanting nice words in order to hold him from strangling this man to death who has those sinful rosy plump lips. 

Yoo Kihyun, man of pride, had to swallow hid pride and followed his best friend Chae Hyungwon's proposal which was to ask the help of none other than Lee Taemin, Hyunwoo's ex-boyfriend.

Yoo Kihyun might've lost his mind when he agreed that deal.

He was surely that desperate ...

As if he knew he had been summoned, Taemin popped his head out from a pile of antique cutlery, which made the shop assistant held his chest in shock due to how close this customer breaking their merchandise, and grinned widely, " Kihyunnie, I'm hungry. Let's eat!"

Yoo Kihyun would make sure to strangle this man on the way and threw his body in Han River ... or choked him to death with chicken wings, made it looked like an eating accident ... He smiled devilishly, amused by his own thought.

After finding a nice spot, Kihyun sat with Taemin.

While Taemin was busy scanning the menu, he's looking at Taemin curiously. 

Hyunwoo didn't say too much about what happened between him and Taemin. It's simply that they dated. How far or how deep Hyunwoo's feeling towards Taemin was never been explained. Hyunwoo only said that it was past and what he wanted now was to have a happy marriage with Kihyun in the present and in the future. 

Sighing, Kihyun recalled the fight he had with Hyunwoo two days ago. That "incident" with Jota was still portrayed clearly in his mind ... 

 

Two days ago ... 

Kihyun didn't exactly remember what went on that night. He only did remember eating snacks and drinking soju while his wedding photographer was looking at him in awe, listening to every crap he uttered and smiled to comfort him. Next he could remember was that he passed out and everything went blank. 

He woke up in the morning in his bed. He didn't really remember how he could get back to his and Hyunwoo's apartment. He was wearing clean Tshirt and boxer. He knew it was Hyunwoo who put those on. His mind wandered to reason why he had fight with Hyunwoo. A slight of guilt emerged in his heart. He tried to think clearly but his stomach content seemed to emerge also as the rising of his conscience. Kihyun ran to the toilet hastily.

When he was resting himself by leaning against bathtub, Hyunwoo appeared. He had unreadable look in his face, looking straight to Kihyun and said nothing. Kihyun, feeling weak, tried to get up but staggered and fell on Hyunwoo's arms who caught him right on time. 

"I've made breakfast for us. Do you have any appetite now?" Hyunwoo, calmly guided Kihyun back to their bed. After helping Kihyun to sit, he sat next to Kihyun.

Kihyun shook his head. "I think I only need bitter coffee." 

Hyunwoo nodded but he didn't leave. He only observed every Kihyun's movement. "Kihyun-ah, do you remember what happened last night?" Hyunwoo suddenly asked.

Kihyun rubbed his temple, tried to remember. But at the end, he just shook his head. "No, hyung. I just ... remembered drinking soju and eating hotteok. Other than that-oh wait! I was with Jo-" Kihyun abruptly stopped his words, looking at Hyunwoo's eyes. Right. He was with Jota when he got drunk. 

Did something happened when he got drunk?

That night, Hyunwoo was running towards two guys that looked like his flirty wedding photographer and his Kihyun. He was fuming. Yes, he, Son Hyunwoo, a guy who was rarely getting mad at anything or anyone, was having a hard time seeing his wedding photographer sitting together with his fiance. And they were only sitting, actually.

Jota was lifiting Kihyun's face, calling his name many times as the food stall almost closed. When he was lifting Kihyun's face, Hyunwoo who ran towards his direction, harshly grabbed his wrist. "Don't touch him." Hyunwoo growled.

As his hand was grabbed, he accidentally let Kihyun's face slipped but before Kihyun's face crash to wooden table, Jota managed to hold it with his other hand. 

There was an awkward silence between them. Jota was the one who broke the silence. "Can I, put his face on the table?" He asked with a calm voice.

Hyunwoo, realized he was being too dramatic, let go Jota's hand but quickly put his hands on Kihyun face. "I'll take care of him until here." Hyunwoo then positioned himself to carry Kihyun in piggyback style. 

When Kihyun's body almost slipped, Jota quickly held him and helped to put Kihyun in Hyunwoo's back. 

Hyunwoo said thanks with flat face and turned his body to leave. But before he left, he said in low voice without looking to the back. "Jota-ssi, I hope our relationship is kept at professional level.Don't get too close with my fiance." There's a highlighted word as Hyunwoo said 'my fiance', hoping Jota got the message. 

Jota didn't say anything. He only smiled eventhough Hyunwoo didn't see it. He was always a calm guy. He knew what to do in every situation and he felt in every word that Hyunwoo said, it was better if he kept his mouth shut. So he just watched as Hyunwoo and Kihyun disappeared from his sight.

At their apartment,

Hyunwoo carefully laid Kihyun on their bed. Gently, he took of Kihyun's clothes one by one leaving only his boxer. Kihyun shivered a little feeling the air conditioning in his exposed skin Hyunwoo quickly laid the clothes to cover his exposed skin and took clean Tshirt in their closet. When he turned his body to put on T-shirt to Kihyun, Kihyun had already sat and was looking at him. But his eyes were still dazed and drowsy. 

"Hyunwoo ... hyung ..." Kihyun slurred in such a cute way.

Hyunwoo who was worried, only chuckled. Despite his harsh words or acts, Kihyun was still his weakness. Especially if he wanted to be cute. He knew Hyunwoo would just agree to whatever he asked.

Kihyun was quiet for a moment then he laid down again. His arms and feet flapped around the sheet just like a bird tried to fly. 

"Hyuuung .... who is Lee--mmmg--those plump lips he had I hate it so much--Taemin ?" 

Hyunwoo sighed. He had thought about this and now he knew he had to tell all to Kihyun. But he was also in doubt in his own feeling. So he just walked and laid beside Kihyun before putting the Tshirt in Kihyun's body that gave out his flirty chuckle. "Just tell me you want to touch me ..." Kihyun Hyunwoo's manhood naughtily with his right foot.

"Kihyun," Hyunwoo growled, warning him. He wanted so badly to be intimate with Kihyun who had been avoiding his touch lately. But he didn't want to do it when one of them was not himself. Being drunk was one. "Stop doing that. I'm not going to touch you. Not when you're drunk like this." Hyunwoo caught Kihyun's foot and held it while looking at Kihyun.

"Mmmh, your loss. " Kihyun shrugged and flapping again. 

Hyunwoo stared at his face that was peaceful and adorned with that goofy smile in his lips. How he missed those lips. Hyunwoo sighed again. 

"Hyuuuuuung ... answer me ..." 

Hyunwoo laid himself beside Kihyun. He put his right hand below Kihyun's head and his left hand in Kihyun's waist. He positioned himself face to face by leaning to his right side. "He is my ex-lover, Kihyun .. it was so long time ago before I met you."

Kihyun replied with a hum. "Hmm ... ex lover ... how much you loved him back then?"

Hyunwoo put his thumb in Kihyun's lips and murmured to replace the thumb with his own lips. "Don't worry about him, Kihyun-ah. He was the past. Now I'm with you and I want to marry you and have a happy family with you. That's the most important thing to me now. So,can we stop talking about past now?"

Kihyun replied, "Mhhmp,"  and Hyunwoo chuckled seeing him tried to reply Hyunwoo's words with his lips sealed with Hyunwoo's lips.

"I love you. Please focus only on that."Hyunwoo now held Kihyun in his embrace, not waiting for his answer. 

And Kihyun just nodded and hummed softly. " I love you too, hyung. So-so-so much ... forgybkhshavsggacdcsksjlk ..." Now Kihyun's words totally incoherent as he fell to his deep slumber in Hyunwoo's arms.

 

Present 

"What do you want to order, Kihyunnie?" Taemin asked, getting Kihyun back to his mind now. 

Kihyun's eyes widened and asked back, "Uh-what?"

Taemin was staring at him and chuckled. " Am I that fascinating so you can't stop staring at me since we arrived here?" 

"Whaat? No, absolutely no. No! You're so not my type, sorry." Kihyun snorted, busy looking at the menu in his hand now.

"Hyunwoo hyung is yout type then?" Taemin, with his bright eyes, was asking curiously.

"Of course! Absolutely!" Kihyun closed the menu. He motioned the waitress and ordered his food.

Taemin laughed. "Yeah, who doesn't?" He said shortly and leaned to the chair. His eyes was looking at the place they were eating now. 

Kihyun tilted his head, like he was thinking something. He bit his lips. "Taemin-ssi ..."

Tamin turned his face to Kihyun who sat in front of him. "If you want to ask anything about me and Hyunwoo hyung, I'm more than welcome, Kihyunnie."

Kihyun's heart skipped a beat. It seemed that Taemin knew what's on his mind all along. So he cleared his throat, just to muster his strength and asked, "So ... care a bit to tell about you and Hyuwoo hyung?" 

Taemin stared at him intently and made Kihyun was uncomfortable. He hated to have to guess what's on someone's mind. 

"Sure." Taemin seemed to think for a while before he continued, " Hyunwoo hyung ... what shall I say about him? We met in Japan, Kihyunnie. We--I mean, I was  attracted to him instantly." Taemin stopped and smiled to himself, " Who doesn't? With that goofy and innocent smile of him and should I mention his body--"

"--no. Don't." Kihyun cut Taemin's word.

Taemin smiled. He continued, "Short story to be told Kihyunnie, Hyunwoo hyung and I felt attaraction towards each other eventhough that time he was positively straight man. I was his first boyfriend."

"Oh?" Kihyun didn't know this.

"You didn't know this? I thought you knew that Hyunwoo was straight like an arrow before he had this relationship with me."

"Of course I know he was straight before!" Kihyun retorted. Yet he felt anxious. He would've thought that Hyunwoo was a straight man before but he just never questioned that. When he met Hyunwoo, it's clearly Hyunwoo had feeling towards him eventhough it was Kihyun who made the first move. Kihyun dared to do that because he was sure Hyunwoo was gay. Or bi. So, he was not interested in guys before he met Taemin? 

Taemin observed Kihyuns expression. He leaned closer, "Did he tell you I was also his first--ehm experiment with a guy?" He whispered, too close. And Kihyun surely wanted to poke his fingers inside those pretty eyes.

Kihyun didn't answer. He pretended to be cool. It was a news for him. Taemin, that pretty guy was Hyunwoo's first gay love and -- Kihyun couldn't finish his thought as the waitress came bringing their food.

Taemin prepared his utensil and said in too cheerful voice, "Happy eating!" 

Kihyun didn't reply, only nodded. He ate his meal in silence. He had almost lost all his apetite when Taemin spoke in soft tone, "It was a lovely weeks, Kihyunnie. Full of love as cherry blossoms tree. But it only lasted for three weeks. He knew and I knew, this relationship could never be last for long. We--were too different. The attraction was mutual but nothing more than that. So we ended everything in peace and without any string attached." Taemin was staring at Kihyun again. He finally spoke with a serious tone, "When Hyunwoo had made his mind to marry someone, trust me, he is dead serious about his intention. And I'm sure you knew that too. He is serious about you, Kihyunnie."

"And I'm also serious about this relationship, Taemin-ssi." Kihyun said.

"Good. So, there's nothing to be worried about. There shouldn't be, right. He loves you so much and you love him. That's what you should put in mind." Taemin finished his word with a wink. 

Kihyun blushed. Not because that wink. No. He was blushed of his embarassment. How did this prick knew his anxiety? He, someone who had just met with Kihyun, knew that Kihyun was feeling over worried about his relationship with Hyunwoo. Feeling doubtful for each other's feeling as the wedding getting closer and closer.

His apetite came back again as his the heaviness in his heart started to decrease. Kihyun still pretended to cool but he, surprisingly, enjoyed his day with Taemin. Taemin was a nice person to be around. He showed all things that Kihyun needed to know about wedding day and what he should buy or not. At the end of the day, Taemin said as they were enjoying bubble tea near a fountain after hald of day walking around.

"You know, Kihyunnie, This is my ultimate goal why I want to take you around. Beside clearing things between us--which I hope it was clear enough-- I want to suggest you something."

"Yes ? I'm listening." Kihyun said without making any eye contact.

Taemin chuckled. He tilted Kihyun's face with his hands. "Hey!" Kihyun slapped his hands. Not so hard. Just a friendly warning.

"I didn't know how much your budget is. But let me give my advice. You know that outdoor wedding is famous abroad?"

"Outdoor wedding? As in our own house? But I don't have house!" Kihyun sighed. 

Taemin was thinking for a while. "It doesn't always have to be at home. It could somewhere but not inside the building. Now all you need to do was getting the permitt letter and prepare budget if its location is in public place. Like on a restaurant near a port, you know at night with candle lights and lampions, traditional korea house near Chungmuro station or in a pension near countryside. There are a lot of options and it was cheaper than renting a venue." Taemin's eyes were glowing now. 

Kihyun nodded. He was thinking. It actually was a good idea. Imagine his wedding at night under lampions or candle lights, or at day in a countryside with flowers and greenery view, or having wedding near traditional korea house. It was far from formal and don't know why but it sounds like Kihyun and Hyunwoo. 

"You are thinking about it, aren't you? I mean, let's check on those places on ipad and when you're home, discuss it with Hyunwoo hyung. If any of you agree, I will do what I can to find someone I know to book the place. Considering it is so sudden. Normal people usually book wedding venue a year before." Taemin chuckled.

"Yeah, we're not normal. We delay it because the wedding venue that we want is too expensive. The owner has increased the rent so we cancel it." Kihyun was digging his satchel bag and pulled out his ipad. 

Together they observed some pictures of outdoor wedding. Kihyun was so excited and he expressed it by saying 'ooh-aah' everytime he found a nice wedding photo that were shot in those places. Taemin was even more fascinated seeing Kihyun's cute expression that he held along after their first meeting.

"Now I know why Hyunwoo hyung likes you, Kihyunnie." Taemin spoke in amused tone.

"Eh?" Kihyun, who was still lost in his ipad, looking at Taemin in quiziccal look.

"You're a ... whimsical person .." Taemin trailed his words as he was in a deep thinking, " Whimsical in sense of, your true personality and the personality you want to show to others."

"Wow, you're a tarot reader now?" Kihyun asked, more in sassy way.

"Ha. I'm serious. You act cold but you are actually a warm person. You act haughty but you do have humble heart that's willing to learn anything in order to change if you lack something. You act so fierce yet you are a cute person." After saying this, Kihyun quickly threw scrunched up tissue to Taemin.

"Shut up. I'm not cute!"

"You are!"

"No, I'm not!" Kihyun retorted.

"No matter what you say, you are cute! Probably the cutest person on earth! You were born cute and probably crying cutely when you were born!" 

As the last sentence Taemin had said, there was a silence. Before Taemin and Kihyun broke into a big laughter. A long laughter until two of them had to wipe their tears away. After some time, while catching their breath, Taemin was looking into Kihyun's eyes and said, "Like I said earlier, now I know why Hyunwoo hyung likes you. We may not know each other. But seeing you, I know you have a good heart and Hyunwoo hyung deserves you as you do."

Kihyun smiled. 

It wasn't a bad day anyway ... 

                                         ---------------------------------------- @@@@ -------------------------------------------

Kihyun was walking around the corner of a dark alley. He didn't really realize it because his mind was still preoccupied with his day with Taemin. He's not bad person. In fact, not at all. Kihyun felt like his jealousy started to fade away towards Taemin. While he was still in his deep thought, he ddin't realize that there were four men following him frm behind. Giving code to each other, they managed to block Kihyun's way in an alley.

Kihyun was startled and tried to back away but he was surrounded from all side. He looked at them in unreadable look.

"What do you want?" Kihyun asked to one of them, only to recognize one of them was the guy who threatened him and Hyunwoo in the restaurant couple days ago.

"Well, well, well. This pretty boy walking alone, huh? Where's your big boyfriend? Tired of having fun with you?" Hansoo, one of the guy in the restaurant parking lot, spat and spoke with a smirk in his face.

Kihyun didn't reply. His eyes were scanning the situation and how he could get out. he knew these guys were trouble. They didn't intent to take his money. More like abused him or more than that. Watching in amusement, Hansoo spoke. " You guys are one of the reason my sister couldn't get married until now!" 

"What?" Kihyun was shocked but before he asked anything else, Hansoo lunged towards him and made him stumble. The others were waatching in mocking sounds and faces while Kihyun tried to evade every swing Hansoo aimed to him. One swing was easily to be dodged, but as they struggled on the ground, one of Hansoo's friend grabbed Kihyun's feet, made Kihyun unable to move away. When he held Hansoo's hands, the other started to atack him. Kicking his stomach and legs. Kihyun reacted by letting Hansoo's hands away to hold his stomach, but instead he got a fist on his face. Twice. He tried to hit Hansoo but the pain started to take him away. He then positioned himself in fetus position to protect himself from another attack. It was about half an hour they let go their steam towards Kihyun's small body. Kihyun was in a verge of unconscious when one of them shouted. There were another sounds of people fought but Kihyun couldn't see clearly because the blood in his temple had blurred his vision. He whimpered in pain and after some times, there were no sounds as the attackers were running away. Kihyun kept himself in fetus position. 

Suddenly a gentle voice called him. "Kihyun! Kihyun!"

Kihyun couldn't answer. He wanted to but his tongue felt like trapped in his own mouth and he had no energy left to answer. So he just closed his eyes, hoping that the pain would just go away ..... 

 

************************************************************** 

Hyunwoo hurriedly ran to the corridor in the hospital. His heart was about to explode when he got a call that Kihyun was attacked and had a pretty serious injury. He wanted to cry but he tried to hold himself. Hoseok, Minhyuk and Jooheon followed him along. Trailed behind him. They were in shock and spoke nothing during their way to the hospital. Hoseok was softly crying. Minhyuk held him all the way. Jooheon was quiet and took heavy breath. No one spoke anything as they saw how much Hyunwoo held himself from smashing things or shouting. Every muscle in Hyunwoo was tense. He held his breath as his mind was chanting Kihyun's name. 

After meeting the doctor, Hyunwoo saw Jota standing in the corridor. He had a bruise in his face. The doctor had put a plaster in his temple and lips. He was startled when he saw Hyunwoo but then he nodded. 

Hyunwoo walked towards him and asked in repressed anger. "What happened?"

Jota took a deep breath. "Hyunwoo-ssi, calm down. He--he was attacked by some men. I and my friends had just finsihed our meeting. When we were walking around, I saw someone lying on the ground with some men kicking him incessantly. So me and my friends tried to help. We managed to make those guys stop and they ran away. But when I wanted to check the man's condition, I recognized him as your fiance .. so I called you .."

Hyunwoo closed his eyes and gritted his teeth. The imagination of Kihyun being kicked brutally was aggravating him. "Did you see who attacked him?" Hyunwoo asked in low voice. Full of anger.

Jota shook his head. "I'm sorry. We didn't recognize any of them. I was focused on helping your fiance."

Hyunwoo nodded. He took a deep breath. He said thanks ( for the second time to Jota in a week, even Hyunwoo was surprised) and walked closer to the room where Kihyun was now. He opened the door slowly and saw Hyungwon and Changkyun already inside. Changkyun's eyes were watery and red. Hyungwon only nodded as Hyunwoo walked closer.

There laid his Kihyun .. in  bandaged body from his face to his hands and his legs. Hyunwoo felt his legs shaky at the moment but he braced himself and sat near the hospital bed. He observed Kihyun who breathed softly through a respiratory tool with a steady heartbeat. Hyunwoo ever so gently, held Kihyun's hand that were bandaged and tears starting to roll down ... 

"Hyung ... the doctor said he was okay. Couple of broken ribs and bruises but he was fine." Changkyun tried to comfort him.

Hyunwoo didn't say anything. He let himself watching Kihyun breathe as if he was afraid Kihyun's breath might stop. He's looking at his beautiful face. Those bandages even couldn't hide his pretty face. That fierce and cute face he had. Hyunwoo wiped his tears. He noted to himself to hunt the men who hurted his fiance, in every way possible.

The door opened again and came inside Kihyun's parents. They were shocked and crying. Kihyun's father gripped Hyunwoo's jacket when he stood up to greet them. "You! How can you fail to protect our Kihyunnie! My son! What is this big body for?!" He snapped to Hyunwoo.

Hyunwoo bowed his head down. Yes,he failed this time. So he didn't say anything as the guilt, anger and sadness filled his heart with every harsh words coming from Kihyun's father. 

That's when they heard a gargle sound coming with a warning sound of ECG machine. They spontaneously looked at Kihyun's who was coughing.

"Kihyunnie!"

"Kihyun!" 

"Kihyun hyung!"

 

~~~~~ TBC ~~~~~  

 

 

 

 

A/N  Hi hello annyeong!

I seriously need to change the tag into drama ... ( embarassed) 

There's no comedy at all ... I'm sorry ... By the  way, I'm sorry for not picturing the attack incident clearly or in details because I'm not really good in action details / sobs /  so I did my best to describe it. 

I'm planning to make a new story. So this story will end soon. 

So, happy reading and oh wow! Thank you for subscribing this story and commenting!