Anxiety

Wedding Jitters

"Ok, nice. Hyunwoo-ssi please move to the right a little bit, yes, excellent. Stand still ... guys, please don't flirt, C'mon," The photographer groaned. He looked a little frustrated seeing his clients didn't focus on his instruction. They were busy throwing winks and kisses to each other.

Kihyun threw a cute grin at the photographer. He couldn't help it. Hyunwoo looked so gorgeous and yummy in that sleek navy suit with a grey tie. Kihyun himself wore a grey one with a navy tie. The suit was nicely tailored on the waistline, flaunted Kihyun's slight curvy hip (according to Hyunwoo but Kihyun only scoffed the idea, knowing that he had a straight-line hip) but oddly made Kihyun's overall body looked so fine. Fitted and showed off his delicate body. While Hyunwoo, well he is Son Hyunwoo, that hot hunk who miraculously fell in love with him, his-soon-to-be-husband, was a gift of nature. Anything that he wore looked perfectly fine ( and yeah, even when he didn't wear anything) and especially in this suit which flaunted his perfectly sculpted body from broad shoulder and chest, defined abs, bulky arms, and thighs. Kihyun was dizzy. It's not that he never saw Hyunwoo wearing a suit before. Maybe he drank something this morning or Hyunwoo wore his favorite fragrance, his cool and manly minty ice cologne or maybe because, in a month, he would marry this perfect man and be with him for entire life. In a month or 4 weeks ...

The photographer sighed. "Too much tension here. Do you guys need a release before we continue this?" His words were replied by laughter from staffs and both the grooms.

"Eeks," Changkyun, who just witnessed the whole scene, made a puke sound, "Hyung, seriously ..." he whined.

Jooheon shuddered. "Please spare my innocence, hyung" he also whined.

Hyunwoo chuckled. "Hey, please appreciate your hyung here," he pulled Kihyun closer and put his hands on Kihyun's shoulders as he stood behind him, "How can you not see this beauty? I'm going to marry this beauty."

Kihyun pretended to roll his eyes but actually, his heart was fluttered hearing Hyunwoo said that. He knew Hyunwoo loved to but sometimes there was truth in his teasing words. Hyunwoo once said that when Kihyun complained about his teasing. That's why Kihyun enjoyed his teasing every now and then.

Jooheon and Changkyun made a disgusted look but changed into a big grin when they saw Kihyun glared at them.

"We're fine, Jota-ssi. You can continue. " Kihyun smiled apologetically.

Lee Jong-hwa known by his clients and friends by Jota, the photographer, nodded. He actually enjoyed taking pictures of these gentlemen. Especially Kihyun. He has delicate yet sharp features in his face. With only changing hairstyle, he could look feminine and manly. Jota couldn't deny that Kihyun also had those tempting rosy lips with a mole in the corner of his lips. It was ... too inviting. Jota stopped his mind from thinking further away. He was a flirt, he knew it. He slept with his clients, both women, and men who looked perfect in the camera but looked messed up in his bed as he banged them roughly and mercilessly. They wanted him and he wanted to just have fun. As he took more pictures of what they said-happy couple- he only mocked the idea. Why wanted a bond if they couldn't keep their eyes on one specific person that they were going to spend their whole life with? Such a complicated way to guarantee to have a bedmate every night for a lifetime. He entertained the idea of being single and got his eyes on everybody without any bond.

"All right, Kihyun-ssi, you may step forward a bit, and smile. No, no, not a grin, a pure smile. Yes, that, beautiful. Keep that way, relax. It will look funny if your face is smiling yet your body tenses, Kihyun-ssi," Jota instructed Kihyun with a slip of humor. That's why clients always come back to him. He can make people relax while taking pictures of their very precious time in their lives which pretty stressful.

Kihyun only smiled. He nodded and tried his best to follow the photographer obediently. He relaxed his facial muscle and body while concentrating on Hyunwoo's eyes. It was a simple pose where they just needed to put their arms into each other. Kihyun's arms on Hyunwoo's shoulder and chest while both Hyunwoo's arms on Kihyun's waist and photographer would edit some kind of fireworks or light between and surround them. But due to nervousness and pressure, they ended up laughing at each other in the past hour. It was awkward doing this in front of other people. Kihyun and Hyunwoo cringed so much. And the setting of their pre-wed session was also too romantic. It was in the studio but decorated like a part of a mansion or castle with dominant white, grey and blue. Baby pink, blue and white flowers decorated the studio.

"Ready? Please look at each other again, Kihyun-ssi, " Jota instructed once more before taking some shots.

Hyunwoo caught a glimpse of flirt tone and look in the photographer's words or action towards Kihyun which he noticed ever since they met him. Hyunwoo was a little bit uncomfortable to hire him but Kihyun who got the recommendation from Hyungwon insisted that Jota was a brilliant photographer and would want nobody else. For love's sake, Hyunwoo backed down. And right now, when he was about to say something about it to Kihyun, who absent-mindedly staring at him now in a total concentration, Hyunwoo found Kihyun's expression was too funny so he wanted to laugh but he held it and stared back at his fiance. He never forgot those beautiful dark orbs that speak a million feelings from the owner to him. He loved how those orbs have been looking into his own eyes until now in a loving way, confused, anger, fear, hungrily or in lust. They never fail to make his legs a bit shaken, in which he never let Kihyun knew about this to save his pride, and his heart swelled with all butterflies feeling inside his stomach. After all this time, he could still those feeling whenever he looked deep down inside those beautiful orbs. Hyunwoo felt like kissing Kihyun's eyelids at the moment but he pushed the idea and concentrated on his part.

"Hyuuung, we're hungry ... finish this quickly.." Changkyun started to whine. Kihyun then gave him a death glare, ".... or not, hehe, just use your time hyung. You'll only get married once in this life, right?" Changkyun scratched his back head in fear.

Jooheon chuckled. "Forget your stomach for a while, Kyunnie. if Kihyun hyung has something in his mind. it's becoming his priority. So his priority now is the photos, not you. " Jooheon finished his statement with a big grin on his face.

Changkyun pouted. "Of course I knew that... " he looked at his hyungs bitterly.

Jota was watching them with a big smile. That's cute ... so .. this little delicate groom is savage, I wonder how he is in bed, he thought.

After exhausting 5 hours photo shoot, they wrapped today's session. Changkyun was to the point of crying (inside), Jooheon still kept his fingers busy on his phone, Hyunwoo yawned and yawned while Kihyun was still in deep discussion with Jota, the photographer, about their shooting today while staffs were tidying props. They were sitting in the corner of the room.

"Ah, that picture was a bit plain. You'll do something about it right?" Kihyun pointed at one picture with a dissatisfaction in his eyes after examining one by one.

Jota was smiling. "I'll do something about it for sure. Oh, Kihyun-ssi, you look pale. Are you ok? Are you tired?" Jota focused on Kihyun's face now.

Kihyun raised his eyebrow. "Really? Uh ..maybe? Do I look pale? Hyunwoo hyung, do I look pale?" He asked Hyunwoo who was talking with Changkyun. Kihyun always calls Hyunwoo with "hyung" whenever they are with anybody to show his respect towards society and Hyunwoo. But Hyunwoo asked him to just call him "Hyunwoo" without honorific when they were by themselves.

"Sorry?" Hyunwoo turned his head hearing Kihyun called him.

"Ah, never mind, hyung. Jota-ssi, I put my trust in you to make these photos extraordinary. I can trust you, right?" Kihyun asked one more time to Jota.

Jota nodded. "Of course you can, Kihyun-ssi. Mm, we still have one more shoot right? It's an outdoor style. So, how about we meet again to show you my raw editing and you can check whether you like it or not?"

"Yes, that's great. Sure."

Jota took his phone out of his pocket and asked Kihyun casually, "Can I have your number? I mean I could ask Hyungwon but I think it's better if I ask you personally. In case we need more discussion about your wedding pictures and all things."

"Sure. Here's mine. xx-xxx-xxxxxx," Kihyun mentioned some numbers.

Jota saved the numbers and looked up to see Kihyun already stood up to drag Hyunwoo with him. He gave his hand and said, "Jota-ssi, thank you very much for this. Hyunwoo hyung and I are looking forward to your work."

Jota replied, " My pleasure. Yes, I'll give my best."

"We should go now, thank you Jota-ssi." Hyunwoo finally spoke.

They shook hands and bowed to each other before leaving together with two younger males who were impatiently waiting in the door.

After they disappeared from his studio, Jota checked his camera and put his memory card in his silver laptop. He transferred some files and opened it one by one. At one particular picture, Jota enlarged the picture. He stared into a full-sized beautiful face of Kihyun who was staring at the camera with a soft smile. Those bright and smart little eyes felt like looking back at him in full intensity. Jota had his stare down to the rosy lips, to the loveable curve and small mole in the upper corner of Kihyun's little rosy lips. Those sweet sweet lips ...

Jota smiled. Just playing around is not a problem, right ...

 



"Eat more kids," Kihyun scooped more chicken soup into a half-empty small bowl of Jooheon and gave it to Jooheon. Jooheon took it and slurped it deliciously.

"We taste what paradise like after 5 agonizing hours...."Jooheon commented after slurping his soup. Kihyun immediately slapped his wrist, "Wait until you get married, Heonny. Your future wife will be more than me in this state. Woman and wedding are no joke, you know." Kihyun scoffed.

"Hyung, you are like a woman now ... so ..." Changkyun commented and grinned when he saw Kihyun gave him a death glare. Hyunwoo only chuckled.

"You, Lim Changkyun, I can only say that I wish you get a fierce and naggy future wife then you'll know your hyung is no comparison to what your wife is about to bring you," Kihyun pointed to him with a chopstick in an irritated gesture.

"Ah, hyung ... so cruel ... Hyunwoo hyung, just kiss him already. Make him quiet or stop," Changkyun whined childishly but also in a teasing way.

"You," Kihyun paused and then looked at people around who were eating, " You brat, luckily we're eating outside." Kihyun narrowed his eyes while threatening Changkyun who was pretending to hide behind Hyunwoo's arms.

Jooheon laughed. "Kyunnie, without even telling Hyunwoo hyung to do that, he'll do it nonstop after they get home, " he paused and make a disgusted look, "Kihyun hyung would probably ask for more, hahahaha." Jooheon laughed only to get a hard smack on his head by Kihyun's clutch bag.

"That's the truth, " Hyunwoo spoke after laughing so hard in Jooheon's teasing.

"Hyuuung ..." Kihyun whined at Hyunwoo.

Hyunwoo then pinched Kihyun's cheek playfully seeing how cute he was. "Ah ... cute ..." he commented.

Changkyun and Jooheon said in disgusted simultaneously, "Eeek ..stop it."

"Stop saying anything. Eat or we won't pay for you," Kihyun, a bit embarrassed, nagged to both of them.

"Yes, hyung." Changkyun nodded but still grinning.

While they were eating, Jooheon asked curiously. " Hyunwoo hyung, Can I ask something?"

Hyunwoo looked at him. He swallowed his meal and answered, "Yes?"

Jooheon seemed to think for a while. "We know how savage Kihyun hyung is, " he paused and looked at Kihyun who was glaring at him. He grinned, "How on earth you were ever attracted to him?" Jooheon finished his question with an apologetic look to Kihyun but still demanding the answer from Hyunwoo.

Kihyun cleared his throat. "First of all I am not .." he couldn't finish his sentences as Hyunwoo held his arm and nodded as if he wanted to calm him down. Hyunwoo chuckled and after thinking, he said, "Mmm, I wasn't at first, " he smiled apologetically to Kihyun who was staring at him.

"I knew it!" Changkyun shouted and quiet immediately after Kihyun shot him a glare.

Hyunwoo laughed. "I hesitated for a while. He wasn't really my type at that time, sorry my love, and actually, Minhyukkie was almost my ideal type at the moment." Hyunwoo smiled.

Kihyun felt like destroying the table at the moment. His face looked calm but inside, he was a raging mess.

Hyunwoo saw the changing in Kihyun's expression grabbed Kihyun's hands and squished it softly. "Do you want me to continue this?"

Jooheon and Changkyun were suddenly quiet. Kihyun calmed himself down and smiled, "No problem. Just continue with it, I'm okay. These kiddos really are curious. You better answer them so they will stop asking questions."

Hyunwoo stared at Kihyun who now realized how his expression brought such an impact in the atmosphere. He laughed, "I'm sorry. I was feeling shocked but now I am all right. Hyung, continue it. I also want to hear about it. Please?"

"Okay. If you feel like you want me to stop, just say it ok?" Kihyun nodded.

Jooheon continued. "So ... that time you hesitated and thought that Minhyuk hyung was your ideal type and what happened?"

Hyunwoo drank his water in one gulp. " Well, he didn't instantly become my person of interest at the moment when we met. I already befriended Hoseok and Minhyuk at that time. We met around my 3rd year from our mutual friend. That moment, I thought, hmm, he was too fierce for me, too aggressive, too fiery, too determined and too stubborn."

"I was?" Kihyun asked curiously.

Hyunwoo nodded. "You still are. The different thing between Minhyuk and I. We have almost the same pace. Moody, sometimes determined sometimes easy going, unprepared for future, lazy balls, and picky."

Kihyun felt his heart sank a bit. "Continue," he asked.

Hyunwoo smiled at him. "Well, there was a moment when I felt like he was forcing himself too much for me," he laughed before he continued, " But without realizing it, I was getting attracted and attracted to him. When he was there, I pretended not to see him but when he was not around, I felt missing him already. It was too complicated to me. I kept my distance from him, " he paused when he heard Kihyun commented.

"Yes, he did. He did ignore me," Kihyun commented.

"It's because I don't like someone force his or her feeling on me, Kihyun-ah. Someone too aggressive especially If I don't feel interested in him or her." Hyunwoo explained. Kihyun frowned, "That's hurt. I am being a burden to you back then?"

Hyunwoo now put his arm around Kihyun's shoulders. "That time, Kihyun-ah, yes. But listen to this until I finish okay?"

Kihyun nodded. He hid his bitter feeling inside.

"He kept showing around but not in a clingy gesture. He showed his caring side but sometimes he was adrift. He texted me every day but there were times when I didn't hear any news from him. I kept my curiosity inside and tried to ignore it but eventually, it reached its peak. I started to notice him. What he likes, what he dislikes. I noticed his bubbly character and calm one just like mine. His sharp comments to others but the soft gesture towards me. It touched me little by little. It felt like he tried to show me how special I was to him."

Kihyun scoffed.

"What? It's not right?" Hyunwoo asked.

Kihyun didn't answer. He just shrugged.

Hyunwoo continued. "One day, I think I showed him that I cared for him and had guts to ask him on a date. After that one date, surprisingly, I found that I am comfortable with him and asked another date. And another. Every date that we had, made me admire him more. He was a charmer, you know, but what I saw was somehow deep inside of him, he truly was a y brilliant soul inside that fiery character. I didn't remember exactly when was it but I felt that I needed to be true to myself that I had fallen in love with him on our first date."

"Oooh .." Changkyun and Jooheon cooed.

"Hyung, I thought you'd say you fell in love with Kihyun hyung after nth dates. Did it turn out to be your first date? That was unexpected .." Changkyun commented.

Hyunwoo nodded. "He, " he paused and tilted Kihyun's face by his hand on Kihyun's chin, "Made me such a mess in our first date that I couldn't even sleep that night just thinking about that date." He smiled and kissed Kihyun's forehead.

Kihyun smiled. He smacked Hyunwoo's back lightly. "Not here, It's a public place, hyung."

Hyunwoo stared at Kihyun deeply. " You might not be my first, but I'm glad that I end up falling in love with you, Yoo Kihyun. You shall be my last in just a few weeks." He smiled again.

Kihyun smiled back. "Ok." He whispered softly.

Changkyun and Jooheon looked at each other. Although they were touched by the scene, they awkwardly cleared their throat. "Ehm, I think that I need to go back now hyung. Minhyuk hyung must be looking for me." Jooheon said awkwardly.

"Ah yes, sorry Heonny. Hyung, let's go home. We need to give him a ride back home." Kihyun broke their romantic scene and quickly asked the bill from the waiter.

Hyunwoo sighed. Something's not right, he thought.

After getting the bill, they went outside and walked to the parking lot. They heard footsteps from behind and realized they were being followed by four older men they didn't recognize. They turned themselves near their car that was parked.

One of them spat to the ground in front of Hyunwoo and Jooheon who instinctively guarded Changkyun and Kihyun behind them.

"I'm sorry but who are you? What do you want?" Hyunwoo asked calmly.

One, who spat, spoke harshly after exchanging a look with his friend. " You boys. You supposed to vanished from this world. You corrupt this world with your filthy lives! Don't come near this restaurant again. We are sick of your dirty faces, you er!

Jooheon was furious. He spat too. "Are you the owner of that restaurant?? We paid the bill so we had the same right as everyone to come as we please. That's a different case if you are the owner which I believe you are not since I know personally who the owner is. Your request is so absurd, gentlemen."

"Just shove our fists into their mouths so they would stop talking, Hansoo," One of them said to the one who spat.

Hansoo furiously pointed at Kihyun. " How about if we shove our money into his who would probably enjoy it?!"

Hyunwoo, who watched calmly, was in rage now. He stepped forward, face to face with the man named Hansoo, and growl in low voice, "One movement from you to touch him even his hair, I will break your bones into pieces. Every f*****g bones you have!"

Hansoo was a little bit hesitated by Hyunwoo's threat who seemed giving impact with his built. He looked to Jooheon who watched him in furious mode and also Changkyun and Kihyun who watched him in unwavering dead look in their eyes. He calculated their moves. Calculation seemed to win another side because people who returned to their cars in parking lot seemed to pay attention to them.

He signaled his friends to back down but giving last threat, " It's not over here, fags!" He then walked casually with dead glares from his friends who then followed him.

Hyunwoo watched them leave furiously. He felt relax when Kihyun squished his hand in a soothing way. "They're gone, hyung. Let's take Jooheon and Changkyun home, okay?" Kihyun said softly.

Hyunwoo took a deep breath and turned to Kihyun. He pulled Kihyun into his arms and hugged him protectively. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"I am, hyung. Let's go." Kihyun pulled himself out and stared at Hyunwoo to reassure him. Hyunwoo nodded. "Let's go kiddos." He ordered Changkyun and Jooheon to get on the car.

They left in silence .....

 


 

At their home, Kihyun was making himself busy by folding dried clothes in the laundry room. His mind wandered everywhere. He recalled their conversation back in the restaurant before, his encounter with Hyunwoo's ex-boyfriend (who sinfully had those plump lips, pretty face, and nice figure), their unending denial blessing from their parents, and their wedding day that got closer and closer but not with the preparation. Kihyun deeply sighed. He looked at his hands with his engagement ring. Slowly pulled out the ring and put it in his palm. His heart swelled with emotion. What is this? He thought to himself.

"Kihyun?" Hyunwoo stood in the door frame, calling him. Kihyun turned his head and saw Hyunwoo walking towards him. He knelt before Kihyun who sat on a chair.

"What happened?" Hyunwoo asked carefully. He could sense his fiance' anxiety even without a word.

Kihyun looked him back and shook his head. "Nothing, hyung. I just ... I thought about those people and our parents ... no matter how legal this marriage is, they can never accept the same- marriage with an open-hearted act."

Hyunwoo only kept quiet. He searched in Kihyun's eyes. "Kihyun-ah, I know things are hard lately. Not everything can work as what we want, you know that. Give them time ... they'll see how much we love each other."

Kihyun nodded and kept his head down. He anxiously played with his ring. Hyunwoo saw his hands and put them in his large hands. "Stop worrying. Kihyun-ah, be honest with me. Is there anything else disturbed you lately? Is it also about Minhyukkie?"

Kihyun felt his heart jolted. Hyunwoo always noticed everything about Kihyun. He loved it but there are times, like this, he felt irritated. Why does he always know what's in his mind and he doesn't even know about Lee Minhyuk or Lee f*****g Taemin? Gosh, they even have the same surname...are Hyunwoo's ex or crush all have the same surname? Who will be next then? Lee Hyori? Kihyun felt bitter now.

"Kihyun-ah?" Hyunwoo called him again with a worried expression.

Kihyun's face straightened and said, "No. Nothing. I'm fine. I'm tired, hyung. I will just go sleep now. Do you need something?"

Hyunwoo just shook his head in confusion. Kihyun then got up followed by Hyunwoo who grabbed his wrist before he went, "Kihyun-ah, just talk to me if you are ready, okay?" His eyes were tired but still worried.

Kihyun, without looking, only nodded. He quickly let his hands go and went to their bedroom. He laid himself down and pulled bed cover to cover him, turned off the light and tried to sleep. Meanwhile, Hyunwoo who followed him from behind stopped at the doorframe in their bedroom and watched him. He took a deep breath and went into the living room. He sat down in the dark and television but his thought was preoccupied with Kihyun's action. Since when he called him "hyung" when they were by themselves? What did I do to him? Is it about Minhyukkie? Hyunwoo thought to himself and groaned silently. He laid himself on the couch and stared blankly in the dark.

 


 

 

Kihyun and Hyunwoo together with Hoseok, Minhyuk, and Hyungwon were choosing guest souvenirs in one of the recommended shops by Hyungwon's friend.

"This one is cute. What do you think, baby?" Hyunwoo held a mini candle jar in his hand and showed it to Kihyun. Kihyun glanced and shrugged. "It's cute." He kept looking around.

Hyunwoo felt a slight bitterness in his heart. There must be something in his fiance's mind. He never purposely ignored him. He did that if they had fight or Kihyun felt angry with him but didn't last long. It's been two days since their last conversation and Kihyun seemed to ignore him. He didn't want to discuss it and worst, Kihyun didn't want to be touched by Hyunwoo. He would reject softly when Hyunwoo started to kissed him passionately and said he was too tired to have .

Minhyuk and Hoseok looked at each other. Even Hyungwon craned his neck to see their conversation (who looked funny since he looked like a giraffe now). They were sensing heavy atmosphere now.

"Wow, this one is cute too. Look Kihyunnie," Minhyuk who read the situation, tried to be cheerful and happily show an aromatic scent as a souvenir.

Kihyun only looked at him briefly and said, "Yes. That's cute." Then he went to the other section.

Minhyuk opened his mouth without saying anything. He muttered to Hoseok inaudibly--what did I do wrong?

Hyunwoo sighed. He then walked to Kihyun and said adamantly, "We need to talk. Now."

Kihyun was silent. He let himself be led by Hyunwoo to the exit and sat on the cafe near the shop.

"Is there something I need to know?' Hyunwoo asked.

Kihyun was still silent. He folded his both hands on his chest and averted his gaze. He huffed and stared back at Hyunwoo, who was watching him intently.

"I don't know. So many things, hyung."

"Stop calling me hyung. You make me uncomfortable. Tell me Kihyun-ah, what is wrong?"

Kihyun bit his lips. " Hyunwoo, who is ..." before he finished his sentences, a voice startled him. "Hyunwoo hyung?"

Kihyun and Hyunwoo looked to the voice source.

Lee Taemin, standing with a wide smile, opened his black pair of sunglasses. "Hyunwoo hyung! It's me, Lee Taemin...."

Hyunwoo widened his eyes.

Kihyun's face got darkened.

Lee Taemin smiled widely.

 

 

 

A/N  

Hi hello annyeong

 A bit short update. I will make longer in another chap, ok?  I also add Jota as in Jota Madtown in this chapter and next one. I am so sorry I know that Jota isn't what's portrayed in this fic. I need a playboy character and saw one of Jota's pic when I googled him and thought that the image would fit in this character. So for Jota's fans who accidentally read this fanfic, I do apologize...#bows

Just to remind, this is only fiction -- hehe

So, how is it after reading this far? Do you enjoy it? I hope you do. Comments are welcomed. 

See ya in next chapter