Reservation

Wedding Jitters

Kihyun tapped his fingers on the table impatiently. He was sitting in the nearest coffee shop from his apartment. He dug in his medium size black leather clutch to search his smartphone. After pressing some numbers, he waited for the person to pick up his call.

After a while, " Yah! Where are you?!" Kihyun sounded a little bit angry.

"Kihyuun! Yes, yes! I am on my way! Please don't be angry! It's just ..erm, couple minutes late from our appointment, right?" The person on the other line laughed nervously.

"Shall I remind you that you need to check your watch? Or you need another one? I could buy a cheap one for you. It's been two hours, Minhyukkie!" Kihyun shouted angrily which earned him couple heads turned to him. Kihyun glared to them ( he didn't usually do that, really, it's just this human being called his friend was pulling his patience rope too tight so Kihyun felt that what he did was justified. Or no. Whatever.)

On the other hand, Minhyuk pulled his phone away from his ear. Seriously, his friend Kihyun, was no joke. It was such a fitting to call him Tiny Mama Monster. He was just late for about couple minutes. Or at least that's what he could check because he was preoccupied with his other friend who was infatuated with bunny head accessories along the street.

After reassured Kihyun that he was already nearby, Minhyuk called his companion. "Hoseok hyung! Stop wearing that! Let's just get going! Kihyun will kill us in a minute if you keep on trying those stupid bunny things!" Minhyuk whined irritably

Shin Hoseok, a y muscular and handsome hunk who would give an intimidating aura to people whom he met for the first time, turned his head and grinned widely, showing his impeccable white teeth while holding a pink bunny ears accessory in his hands. "Aren't they cute? Cute. Like me?" He looked at that bunny thing amused.

Minhyuk felt like crying in the place. The feeling of enjoying that intimidating older hyung who was admiring stupid bunny ears cutely and an ominous feeling crept in his spine as he recalled Kihyun's scary angelic voice on the phone just now that somehow sounded like he was about to chop someone and cook them. He decided that he still wanted to keep his head in its place so he managed to drag Hoseok away from the accessory stall. "Bunny ..." Hoseok whined, kept looking at those pink bunny ears dangling in the stall.

"I wonder how you can be older than me, hyung. There must be some sort of mistakes in your birth certificate! You could be ten years younger than me, right?" Minhyuk murmured to himself while walking hurriedly to the coffee shop in front of him.

"Yah! Keep your language, boy! I am still older than you." Hoseok protested him. His right hand smacked Minhyuk's back.

Minhyuk laughed. "Ouch. Hyung, it's just that you have weird taste in things. Just like youngsters nowadays." Minhyuk reasoned.

"Why? Because I find that animal accessories are cute? How about you? You still can not get near to any cucumber thing." Hoseok muttered.

Minhyuk put a disgusted look on his face. " Cucumbers are nasty. I am sure they were some sort of government's secret weapon to .. to .. create such a mass panic attack."

Hoseok scoffed." You and your conspiration theory. How-" Before he could speak another word, another familiar figure walked toward them. "Changkyunie!" Hoseok shouted happily

Changkyun was the youngest of them. He was a third-year student of biology. He was Kihyun's favorite cousin who came from Boston. His parents still lived in Boston but he chose to come to South Korea to be able to unite with his history land ( or something like that, not sure though). He was a not-so-ordinary boy who had a 4D personality. He loved and obsessed over cute things which made him the most favorite person ever existed for Hoseok's version. Changkyun and Hoseok were kinda Ying and Yang weirdo version.

"Hoseok hyung! Minhyuk hyung!" Changkyun ran and embraced them in a friendly way. For any Korean, that gesture might look offensive since he was the youngest. But for Changkyun, who spent his childhood and adolescent years in the United States and who didn't care enough about the , he thought that his gesture was something genuine and friendly.

Hoseok and Minhyuk who were actually clingy and skinship type of person welcomed his gesture most willingly. They loved to show their affectionate towards another person by touching, hugging and even kissing lightly which was surprised Kihyun when they met for the first time where Minhyuk or Hoseok might kiss Hyunwoo in the cheek while pinching his casually. Hyunwoo, Minhyuk, and Hoseok were close friends before he met Kihyun. In the process, Kihyun found that Minhyuk had a super cheerful personality and they shared common taste and humor. He and Minhyuk became closer although rumor had said that Minhyuk and Hyunwoo had a history (he didn't know what kind of history, Kihyun was reluctant to ask. He kept his curiosity to zero level). Minhyuk only remembered at the first time he met Kihyun, Kihyun's face was gloomy and if Hyunwoo was not there to console him, they might have found a series of sharp fangs came out of Kihyun's tiny mouth. What a scary human being.

"Kihyun hyung looked like that ghost in Conjuring movie, hyung." Changkyun was grinning. "We must buy him something. He gave this dark aura in that cafe, seriously. Customers were going away." Changkyun laughed a bit. However scary his cousin was, Changkyun would always admire him. Behind his dominating and tough character, Kihyun was a soft-hearted person and has a motherly figure which made Changkyun felt safe and spoiled and also what made Hyunwoo fell madly in love with him. He could appear as a manly man and other time as a delicate man.

"Shoo." Minhyuk cursed nervously. "Hyung, buy him flowers." He nudged Hoseok.

"Me? Why me?"

"We are late because of your cute bunny ears, hyung." Minhyuk reasoned.

"W-haat? Bunny ears?? Where?" Changkyun's eyes widened cutely.

"Ooh, ooh, it's near here. Let's take a look?" Hoseok instantly forgot what he was about to do.

Minhyuk face-palmed himself. "Hyuuung, if you want to get out of here alive and intact, you better buy that flower! Baby pink rose and baby breath. Okay?"

Hoseok frowned. Changkyun followed him, frowned in a cute way. Minhyuk slapped his own left cheek. He groaned. "Arrgh, let's just buy that stupid flower!" He then dragged Hoseok and Changkyun along to the nearest florist.

After buying sweet baby pink roses and baby breath wrapped in a soft pink paper, they hurriedly went inside the coffee shop.

In the corner, near the window, Kihyun was sitting calmly. From this point of view, he looked like a mountain about to erupt. The reddish streak colored his ears and his cheeks. He turned his head dramatically just like that Annabelle doll to those three men. Hoseok and Minhyuk hid themselves behind Changkyun who held a bouquet of fresh baby pink roses decorated with baby breath, which was funny because Changkyun's body could only hide Minhyuk and Hoseok's half heads and half bodies. Or less.

"Kihyuuun my friend!" Minhyuk's head popped out.

"Kihyunnie!" Hoseok bent his neck to show his head.

The two of them called him simultaneously. Minhyuk and Hoseok smiled widely from ear to ear. Kihyun, who was about to scold them, only sighed. How could he be mad looking at them with big puppy eyes and those lovely flowers? He just smiled. Defeated.

They embraced him warmly and Kihyun let himself being squished just like hamburger. After too much hugging, he finally said, " Okay, enough. Let's just sit."

Minhyuk smiled innocently.

"Cut it off. You are feeling guilty now, right? You should be. I've been a freak show for two and half hours here. They thought I ate poisonous fungi back at home or getting high. The worst is the old lady over there asking me if I am having a menstrate-tual cycle right now." Kihyun snorted. The last sentences were replied with muffled giggles from Minhyuk, Hoseok, and Changkyun.

Kihyun glared and made them stopped immediately. They pretended to look around, the menu, the ceilings, their nails or just stared at each other. Only not at Kihyun. This time, Kihyun is the one who giggled by himself. He tried to muffle his voice using his hands. "You all are too cute. I hate you all. Really. Now I think I have the syndrome just like that old lady said. Maybe I am having that menstrate-tual-whatever-thing cycle."

"It is called the menstrual cycle, hyung." Changkyun corrected his words calmly.

"Yes, yes. Whatever is that. Anyway, guys, we need to go now. My appointment was scheduled in half an hour. Hyunwoo hyung will meet us there. If you wanna order anything, just order and we'll take it away."

"I have eaten before so I am fine. Minhyukkie? Changkyunnie?" Hoseok aksed his younger friends.

"We're fine. Let's just get going. I just can't wait to put my hands into those creamy luscious cake." Minhyuk grinned excitedly.

"No. Don't you dare, Minhyukkie. I need you to keep your hands right where they belong." Kihyun half threatened.

Minhyuk nodded but his eyes were shining with a mischievous glint that Kihyun wasn't aware of. Then they proceeded to go to Kihyun's appointment.

 


 

Hyunwoo enjoyed his time by looking at various kinds of wedding cakes and .. that thing... you put in the middle of the table. Masterpiece? Centerprice? That piece of, aah, centerpiece. Hyunwoo chuckled and shook his head slightly. The things you do for the one you love. As a man, he would never have thought to need to know about what was a centerpiece. Or the fact that wedding cakes had many kinds of shape. Round, oval, square, two tiers, three tiers, or heart-shaped. Not to mention what kind of icing, cake decoration, dark chocolate or white chocolate or maybe milk chocolate. One of wedding cake designers suggested having the cake mixed with rum to add strong flavor. Hyunwoo terrified at the idea that rum is one kind of alcoholic drink and he couldn't imagine how would his wedding day turned out if he ever let his friends and his father/father in law tried the cake. Hyunwoo shuddered. I would not let this designer ever met Kihyun, he thought. He knew that Kihyun had a past habit which was drinking alcohol. He had a good tolerance level on alcohol. He would probably thrilled to have rum mixed into his wedding cake.

He was looking at the giant cake in lavender icing when suddenly he felt arms wrapped around his waist. Startled, he turned his head and found Minhyuk grinned childishly " Minhyukkie?" He smiled back and hugged his friend.

Suddenly a hand was pinching hard Hyunwoo's bulky arm. "Keep a distance, please," Changkyun spoke in a flat tone.

Minhyuk laughed. He let go of his wandering hands around Hyunwoo. He knew that Changkyun, as Kihyun's favorite cousin, also had protective side for Kihyun. Whether it was Kihyun himself or Kihyun's property, in this case, it was Hyunwoo.

"Changkyunie, let me hug you then," Hyunwoo pulled Changkyun in his arms.

Changkyun rolled his eyes. "Hyung, you already hugged me many times yesterday. Or are you feeling guilty right now?" Changkyun spoke nonchalantly.

That sassy attitude he got after spending too many times around Kihyun, Hyunwoo frowned. He patted the back of Changkyun harder than usual. " Kiddo, where's your manner?" Hyunwoo pretended to look scary.

Changkyun grinned, " Hyung, I am saving you now. Kihyun hyung is watching you from that corner." Changkyun pointed slightly to the corner of the building. Hyunwoo followed the direction and his gaze landed on Kihyun's sight. He was leaning in the pillar, hands folded and eyes narrowed. Uh oh, not good.

Minhyuk sensed the danger, scooted away to another direction where he found various kinds of cakes in the display.

Hyunwoo strode to Kihyun's direction. He smiled lovingly and when he came closer, he reached Kihyun's cheeks. "Hey, beautiful."

Kihyun put his stoic expression. He huffed and averted his gaze to another direction.

Yep, he is angry. And jealous. Cute. Hyunwoo smiled at his own thought. He cupped both of Kihyun's cheeks and smiled. " What's wrong?" Hyunwoo pretended not knowing anything. He Kihyun's cheeks softly. He wanted to hear from Kihyun's mouth that he was jealous of Minhyuk. Hyunwoo loved to see him let go his ego away. It was something rare to see. He and Kihyun were actually stone head. One day they could be living on the same path and in harmony. In the same day, they would find themselves shouted in frustration as if there were two heads went to other paths and no one wanted to get along. But mostly, their fights only lasted in short period. He and Kihyun had the same trait of having a soft heart. Rarely stuck in the past and moved forward. They fought intensely only to find that at the end of the day they laughed at their stubborn streak and ego and made love intensely afterward as a way to make up. They forgave easily.

One thing about them was how casual they were as a couple. They rarely being too much lovey-dovey couple. They kissed briefly to respect others who still couldn't accept the man and man relationship. They didn't try to be a cute couple but acted like they normally do when they were alone together. Being jealous was something rare for them. Kihyun knew that Hyunwoo was a bit of flirt but so he was ( before they started their relationship seriously). They were social butterflies who loved to flirt and had casual relationships. Things became serious when they found out that they felt jealous every time one of them being too close to someone or when their calls or texts were ignored. They confessed to each other in a casual way (more like "friends date"). People might think that they just didn't want to be tied. They did but for them, it didn't happen like what people might think. Hyunwoo told Kihyun that when he decided to have a more serious relationship, he meant to devote his all to Kihyun. Kihyun would be his very important person. He said that he might get jealous if Kihyun got too close with someone but he also didn't want Kihyun to get choked in their relationship. Hyunwoo said to Kihyun that the day he said he wanted to be more serious in their relationship, he would be serious and protective over their relationship.

Kihyun felt vice versa. Having a similar trait like Hyunwoo, he also loathed being a clingy and heavy relationship. He wanted to be serious but at the same time, he also didn't want to lose his freedom to breathe. When Hyunwoo told him that he wanted a serious yet casual relationship, Kihyun couldn't agree more. He found his soulmate, his true love.

Hyunwoo looked into Kihyun's eyes. Kihyun only sighed. " Nothing. Let's just meet the wedding designer okay? I am a bit tired today."

Hyunwoo knew that Kihyun lied. He kept quiet and waited.

Kihyun awkwardly sighed again. He knew his acting was horrible. No, he acted well. But this was Hyunwoo who knew him inside and outside so well. "Terrible acting, isn't it?" Kihyun gave small smile.

Hyunwoo then pulled Kihyun in his body. He chuckled and still gently Kihyun's hair. " You were jealous, weren't you?"

Kihyun kept quiet.

"Kihyun-ah...my love Kihyun, how many times should I tell you that I only consider Minhyuk as my friend? More like a childish friend. You knew that, right? What's with this jealousy?" Hyunwoo whispered softly. Another couple who just came inside the bridal shop was a bit shocked seeing them in a romantic state. They met with Hyunwoo's eyes and gave their awkward smile and went to the other section.

"All right, we have become a spectacular show now. Let's talk about it after this, okay?" Hyunwoo broke the hug but his hands were still in Kihyun's arms.

"I was just, I don't know. A lady told me that I might have menstrate-tral-tual, haiish cycle. I was convinced I had it today, hahaha. This wedding thingy got me nervous, Hyunwoo."

"Are you sure?" Hyunwoo searched through Kihyun's eyes.

Kihyun nodded and smiled cutely.

Hyunwoo wanted to die in happiness that moment. That cute and sweet face in front of him was someone he would be married in two months. He pinched Kihyun's both cheeks. " Okay, if anything ever bothered you, let me know. Don't keep it by yourself. And, anyway, I love your oversize grey sweater. It's not mine right? Cos I swear I also have the exact sweater with same size and color." Hyunwoo smirked.

"Hmm, yes it's yours. But since you are mine, it is also mine." Kihyun replied naughtily.

Amused, Hyunwoo whispered before they walked to meet wedding designer in the back, "I will have it back with 100% interest by the end of the day, okay?"

Kihyun giggled.

 



"So, chocolate truffle with blueberry cake or vanilla lace textured with three tiers cake?" Ms. Dasom patiently asked for-like-forever.

Kihyun still in his deepest thought while he tasted the twentieth cake tester. "Hmm..."

Hyunwoo yawned. He managed to survive one hour to concentrate on picking appetizer and dessert. Another hour, he started to stretch his limb while Minhyuk, Hoseok, and Changkyun had disappeared into another room. Hyunwoo glanced over their direction and mumbled silently before they went. 
" Save me, please," he pleaded with his eyes.

It was already three hours picking the right flavor and wedding cake shape. They still had to pick decoration, wedding cake tops and icing. Not to mention, the main course for completing the banquet. Hyunwoo considered the option Kihyun gave him when he meticulously counted their wedding budget that they should wear rags and provided soju and rice cakes for their guests. It was simple and doable in this state. Hyunwoo glanced over his fiance and gave a pleading look to finish this as soon as possible.

"Hmm, I like chocolate and blueberry. But this strawberry and cheese also make my mouth watered. And that cake .. ooh ... it suits my hair right, Hyunwoo?" Kihyun pointed a golden cake at the end of the cake display.

"Huh? What? Yes." Hyunwoo only nodded. Ms. Dasom, the wedding cake designer only smiled watching them. The other groom looked very manly and uninterested in this thing -- typically manly man-- while the delicate looking groom looked so serious. They made a cute and perfect couple. Ms. Dasom thought by herself just to distract her mind from this stubborn client.

"Do you happen to like rum, Mr. Yoo?" Ms. Dasom suddenly asked.

Kihyun who was shoving another piece of cake to his mouth and Hyunwoo's widened his eyes. " Rum?"

"Yes. We have rum-based cake and wine-based cake. They sure will add more variety in flavors to your cake."

Hyunwoo was startled and coughed immediately because he just tried to swallow the cake when suddenly Ms.Dasom suggested that special cake.

Kihyun turned his head to Hyunwoo and grinned.

Hyunwoo shook his head. "No."

Kihyun put his pleading eyes. "Please?"

Hyunwoo shook his head again. Ms. Dasom took the chance to convince them. " You don't have to order it now. We actually are in the process of perfecting those kinds of cake. If you would, you could bring one whole cake as a tester and you can discuss at home whether to order or not. How about it?"

Kihyun nodded enthusiastically. Hyunwoo frowned. Defeated.

After placing the cake into the box, Ms. Dasom bowed to Hyunwoo and Kihyun and she disappeared to the back finally being free from a constant headache she got from this tiny client. ( Good thing for her and for Hyunwoo was that Kihyun agreed with Hyunwoo to pick the main course tomorrow)

Kihyun smiled happily and so was Hyunwoo whose mind was filled with the image of his grey sweater on Kihyun's delicate body .. without anything under it.

They walked in a relaxed mood as they searched for Minhyuk, Hoseok, and Changkyun around the building of that bridal shop. When they passed a room, they both gasped.

Hoseok, Minhyuk, and Changkyun, had managed to gang against a giant teal cake and nibbled the decorations happily.

Kihyun and Hyunwoo exchanged their looks. " We don't know them," Kihyun whispered softly.

"Absolutely." Hyunwoo nodded. Both of them tiptoed to the exit and left three hungry men who were nibbling that bridal shop's wedding cake...