One Step Closer

Wedding Jitters

Hyunwoo took a glance at his fiance who was burying his face in a wedding magazine. He looked so focused with his glasses on which made his tiny figure looks more delicate. Kihyun, his fiance, is an average height and skinny man. Petite or delicate, Hyunwoo likes those terms better. His light brown almost blonde hair was combed neatly with bangs that covered his small forehead. His small almond eyes were covered in glasses with round frame, his pointy nose looked delicate from beside, and his rosy pink lips moved slightly whenever he found something interesting in the page. His fiance is a sweet adorable cute yet good looking guy. His tiny figure makes Hyunwoo wanna squish him and carry him along in his pocket to everywhere he goes. Hyunwoo smiled at his own thought. He looked at Kihyun's direction again.

"Baby ... " Hyunwoo nudged Kihyun's arm playfully.

"Hmm," Kihyun replied without looking at him.

"What are you reading about?" This time Hyunwoo moved closer to peek what Kihyun was reading.

Kihyun turned his head. "Do you really want to know? I thought you have no interest in wedding details?"

Hyunwoo grinned. He put his one arm to embrace Kihyun. "Yess, true that. You look more interested in that magazine than in me."

Kihyun scoffed. He turned his head again to the magazine in his hands. "If I do not have an interest in you, why would I pour out my life and soul into this silly ceremony."

Hyunwoo made himself looked shocked. "Aah, so you hate this wedding idea? Yoo Kihyun, how could you?" He held his chest right where his heart is.

"Haiish, just go play Winning or watch football. Don't disturb me." Kihyun slapped Hyunwoo's thigh.

Hyunwoo laughed. He took a lock of Kihyun's hair and played with it. " How are you?" Hyunwoo's serious mode was being activated now.

Kihyun made a long and heavy sigh. He emphasized it with each breath that he took and exhaled in a dramatical way. "I aam fine, a little not fine, but fine.." Then he grinned.

This time Hyunwoo only smiled. He pinched Kihyun's left cheek lightly. " I am serious, Mr. Yoo-soon-to-be-Son. How are you?"

Kihyun laughed. "I am so not going to change my surname. That sounds weird."

"What, why? Son Kihyun? I like it. Change it, I'm going to be the head of this family anyway, " Hyunwoo frowned in a silly way.

Kihyun scoffed. "Still not gonna change. Sorry."

"Son-Yoo Kihyun? Yoo-Son Kihyun?"

"How about Yoo-Soon-Lose-Kihyun?" Kihyun threatened.

Hyunwoo laughed. "Message received, baby. I will back down for now." He then reached Kihyun hands and kissed them. "How are you, seriously?"

Kihyun stared at his lover's eyes before he leaned his head in Hyunwoo shoulder. "Tired. Grumpy. Overwhelmed."

"Aren't you always?" Hyunwoo teased only to get a hard smack on his thigh. "About this wedding?"

Kihyun exhaled deeply. " Yes."

Hyunwoo was speechless for a while. " Wanna cancel it? I hate seeing you being stressful. Besides, we don't need people's validation on our relationship."

Kihyun smiled. "Don't be silly. I want this. I want our wedding. I want that validation. I want the world to know that we are together, Hyunwoo."

Hyunwoo kissed Kihyun's bud head. "Well, don't be stressed okay?"

Kihyun laughs a little. "Yes. I'll try."

"Want my help?" Hyunwoo asked.

"Your help? With these wedding details? Hmm, you'll snore right away after reading one." Kihyun mocked.

"Other help," Hyunwoo smirked mischievously.

Kihyun got the message. "No." He shook his head, "I'm going to finish this and then I .." His words were cut by the sight of Hyunwoo took off his T-shirt seductively. Kihyun gulped. " That .. is ..not ..helping ... me ...,Hyunwoo."

Hyunwoo smiled. "Really?"

Hyunwoo walked closer to Kihyun confidently which somehow magically had moved further to the other side of the couch seeing Hyunwoo's smirk. His wide chest and shoulder ( which are the weak points of Kihyun) were illuminated by ceiling lights, created such a dramatical effect on him ( or it's only in Kihyun's mind since he was so fond of them). Kihyun stood and wanted to act coyly. He walked back slowly. "No, don't come close. No, no, no." He turned and ran with a loud giggle to their bedroom.

"You know that you exactly run to where I want to put you the most, right?" Hyunwoo shouted playfully and walked lightly to their bedroom. He could hear Kihyun giggled in the room. He stood in the doorframe and saw Kihyun already sat in the bed with crossed legs. Kihyun gave him seductive look and signaled him to come closer with his right index finger.

"Oh boi .."Hyunwoo obeyed happily and immediately.

Kihyun smiled wider. At least for tonight, he could bury his face somewhere else ...