{7}

Selfish thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been three years since everything happened and as much as Seulgi tried she just couldn't be that close to Joohyun though they were on talking terms she just couldn't be all chummy with her especially since some of her habits were really bothering her. There were times when she'd openly link her arms on hers or hug her from behind and it makes her very uncomfortable so she tries to avoid her at certain costs but today wasn't supposed to be one of those since she really needed some help.

"Have you seen Joohyun unnie?" Seulgi asked the tiny girl she frequently sees in one of her assistive classes for dancing and although she grew up well there was still some thought placed on her real age for she still looked so much younger.

"In one of the practice rooms but that was hours ago I don't know where she's been after that." the younger girl replied to which she nodded seems like she'd have a little more trouble looking for the older girl.

***

She found Joohyun sprawled over her bed in the dorms later on, knees tucked in her midriff and her face buried in a pillow giving an illusion of having lost her limbs and for a moment she felt scared.

"Unnie," Seulgi called making the older girl shift in her position causing her to curl in a fetal position.

"I'm not ready for another practice please give me a break." she murmured softly, face scrunched up in an adorable frown making Seulgi almost come in and pinch her cheeks.

"I need some help unnie, if its okay." she started unsure, she doesn’t like asking for favors but today is different there were things she needed to mend and a little help from Joohyun could play a big role in that.

"Of course its not okay, I'm dead tired." the other girl mumbled through her pillow her face buried in its softness.

"Please."

"Alright what is it?" Joohyun relented raising her head groggily eyes closing every few seconds or so the urge to laugh almost overwhelmed her.

"Will you help me cook some seaweed soup its my mother's birthday tomorrow and—

"Why does this give me an overwhelming sense of deja vu?” Joohyun whined softly. “Come on Seul you can ask that when I woke up!"

"I don't know when you'd be awake and it’s the first time I'm going home on her birthday!" the older girl groaned at her, Seulgi knew she had a fair point since with the state Joohyun was in she’ll probably be up by nightfall and going home that late wouldn’t be sensible.

"Fine, wait for me in the kitchen I need to gather myself first."

"Promise?" the other girl merely nodded her then slumped her head back into her pillow, an action that made her worry what if she won't be awake before she goes home?

***

Seulgi arrived later that night, her mother tucked in the couch it was quite obvious that she fell asleep waiting for her to come home. It was her mother’s birthday today and since she feels like an inadequate daughter she thought bringing some seaweed soup can alleviate some of that.

She wished she could bring home some good news this year, she's been training for almost four years straight and there's still no fixed date of her debut she knew her mother was getting impatient and to be honest she was getting edgy with all the delay that has happened and the only thing keeping her from giving up completely was that she'd already invested so much of her time and wasted crucial years of her youth for this, turning back can’t be an option.

"Hmm, my dear bear’s finally home." her mother said rubbing her eyes as if to get rid of the drowsiness she felt. Looking at her form, she saw that her mother had been losing weight as well and she had an inkling that it must've been because of the extra work she had to take just so she could support her training.

"Have you eaten yet? I cooked your favorite meals, I'll just need to reheat them and—

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter