{11}

Selfish thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi found herself looking anxiously at her phone the next few days it's almost the holiday season, so she’s waiting for something to indicate that Jaebum would be home by then. She badly wanted to talk to him further but unless he's home there isn't really much of a choice but to wait, she wouldn't want his fans mobbing her should she decide to meet him outdoors. 

"So..." she looked up to see a grinning Joohyun looming above her.

"Yes unnie?" she sighed, the older girl looked really hyped and a hyped Joohyun is bound to ask tons of questions until she just can't take anymore. 

"Why is my baby bear in here cramped up in the sofa when there's a scheduled practice?" 

"There is?" in a moment of panic she stood so quickly her phone almost flew to the table opposite her, the older girl laughed out loud at this almost doubling over as she did so. 

"Kidding, you seem so out of tune lately." 

"It's nothing..."

"Heh, don't fool me Ddeulgi something happened since you and Yerim were last out of the dorms. And maybe it involves some particular... hmm, what was that? Ah! Wolf," she sighed, there really is no escaping her huh?

"Well, I guess it does." 

"Tell me about it!" the older girl sat parallel on the couch with her, big eyes b with curiosity that she heaved a sigh, this is going to take so much of her energy. 

**

Jinyoung won't stop pestering him with questions. 

Funnily enough it was all he could deduce with this situation, it had been days— freaking three days since his last meeting with Seulgi and this annoying boy still won't stop asking him. 

"Shut up, Park Jinyoung." he all but said, the younger boy looked at him trying to read through his mood as if assessing if he could still take another question. 

"But you promised you'll tell me!" 

"I told you all there is." 

"Meh that's not even enough. Why is she on tears when you two met? I saw you hugging her so tightly but all you mentioned was that she was your friend." 

"She was my friend." 

"What happened then?" 

"I made a mistake. I thought distancing myself from her would be the right choice, she's set to debut anytime soon back then and I thought helping give her a clean record would be the best for her but I got accepted and well, JJ Project debuted earlier than whatever group she was meant to be in." 

"You mean?" 

"Gods Jinyoung, can’t you see? I screwed up so bad and three days ago I found out how horrible it turned out for her and I just can't stop blaming myself because no matter how much I hope I didn't have to hurt her there's a huge part of me that couldn't regret pursuing the same dream as hers." 

**

 

Jaebum got the most recent shock of his life the moment he set foot on his house a week or so after his meeting with Seulgi, another lifetime ago and the scene he found himself in was completely normal except that now it wasn’t.

Kang Seulgi is in his house, seated prettily as his mother piled dishes on the table, her legs dangling as she did so.

“Oh hi dear, I didn’t expect you back so early.” His mother said from the kitchen, not even seeing the gobsmacked look on her son’s face.

“Uhm, Mrs. Lim I think he’s malfunctioning.” Seulgi had the nerve to interject a snicker followed her quite witty remark but still …

“My, poor dearie has forgotten all holidays are lunch dates.”

 “Just because you don’t come home often doesn’t mean stuff stops happening.” Seulgi told him, eyes bright but her tone gloomy something he found interesting as he hadn’t stopped recognizing that from her.

“So pray tell why you’re here so early?”

“Something about schedule changes…” he mumbled.

“I see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter