{10}

Selfish thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum found himself anxiously checking his watch every few minutes or so, he had asked to meet up with a friend from the company to go with him to Hangang but the douchebag wouldn’t turn up even after the hours that had passed.

Alright he might’ve exaggerated on that but the point is …

He felt himself stiffen hearing a ring of laughter from somewhere near him, though that wasn’t what made him alert. It was the fact that it sounded all too familiar, soft and vibrant reminding him of a tiny, tiny bear. 

“Yerim, wait up!” he heard the familiar voice then call, turning his head to its direction he almost did a double take at what he saw.

Sure he said the laugh and the voice sounded all too familiar but there was this huge part of him that didn’t expect she’d be here, of all places and of all times, why here and now? 

***

Yerim never knew when to stop acting like a toddler, Seulgi had concluded. 

The girl had been running hours straight making her trail closely behind she's tired but since none of the older trainees were with them she couldn't just let her run free. 

Walking towards the benches near the place she had the strongest urge to roll her eyes, she came here to enjoy herself not to babysit a thirteen year old girl. Though her annoyance was cut off when she bumped into someone.

"S-sorry." she said but the person never spoke so she looked at the face of the stranger only to have the shock of her life. 

Well, that was an exaggeration since she had a lot of those already, but this would certainly be somewhere on top because how was Im Jaebum right here standing in front of her blond hair glowing against the dark winter atmosphere. 

"Jae ..." she didn't know why her voice had dropped to a whisper or why a sob threatened to break from her lips. 

"Shhh" he all but said, hand awkwardly trying to pat her shoulder perhaps the gesture was a learned one from his experience as an idol or maybe because it was what he was trained for. She didn't know and she hated that, especially hating the fact that they had to meet right now so unexpectedly when she'd been wishing for this moment for so long. 

"Never knew my name can sound so life changing." he huffed and the urge to smack the side of his head almost overwhelmed her, the bastard had the nerve to joke?

"I didn't expect to meet you here."

"Same." 

There was an awkward distance between the two of them now, sure she wanted to ball her hands into fists and try to punch some sense into him but somewhere inside of her the shock of seeing the person who used to be her best friend made her want to hug him as tight as she could, for as long as it is allowed. 

"I missed you." she whispered half wanting him to hear half wishing she never uttered those words. For what reason, she struggled to ask herself would she even feel anything other than curiosity at once more seeing her friend face to face and up close ever since he left. 

"I'm sorry." 

A laugh bubbled from , 'I'm sorry' what is that madness? He promised her! Promised he'd stay whatever happens, promised that ... fine he never supported her decision but he told her he'd be there to listen so why?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter