{3}

Selfish thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

News of SM Entertainment debuting a new girl group floated around some time in the middle of the year, how these people knew Jaebum just wasn't sure but since Seulgi wasn't contacting him he let it pass besides he's been busy practicing his newfound hobby, B-boying along with trying to balance his studies.

He'd been considering auditioning as an idol trainee its not as if he'd lose anything but something's pushing him to really try besides if and only if Seulgi would be included in the rumored girl group debuting then it means they'll be able to stand on the same stage, won't they? 
***

A staff came to announce a meeting to the trainees one day, said they'll be discussing about important matters to which Seulgi felt nervous at.

Did she fail to do well on the weekly evaluations? She didn't have any missed practices right? Then would that mean she's far from danger? Aaaah! Why do they have to do this to her?

But still she walked to one of the assessment halls along with two girls of her age, Krystal and Jinri though both were a tad bit younger than her they were already seasoned trainees that there were times she secretly felt jealous about them not to mention they're both really beautiful. 

"What do you think would they be meeting us about?" Krystal whispered in her ear, to which Jinri turned at apparently the younger girl's voice did not come out as hushed as they both hoped.

"They won't be dismissing trainees this time, would they?" Jinri muttered clasping her hands together in a silent prayer.

"Hopefully not," Seulgi ended since they already arrived. Helping themselves to settle on the polished wooden floors along with at least ten other girls some were older, some were younger but most of them were near strangers to her since she doesn't usually interacts with them. 

"Alright we'll beat around the bush in this, the company is now ready to debut another girl group I'm sure you've been hearing news about this since media portals made it their jobs to have insider information about the workings of this company." a woman said crisply, from her stature to the way her hair was combed stiffly Seulgi felt an impression that this woman was someone who meant business. 

"Anyway, we've decided on the major key points of this new group the only missing now is who will debut?" a collective gasp could be heard from the room followed by hushed quick conversations and unknown to everyone in the room Seulgi felt her heart drop.

Was she ready for this? She wanted to debut already since all these training she'd been doing is making her impatient but she was sure she hadn't perfected anything else aside from the dance routines she’d been carefully learning, her vocals haven't improved as much as she hoped and ... there's just so many things she'd been lacking as of the moment but if it was greed that she should let reign then she would definitely want to debut already.

"Alright settle down ladies, from this point on forward we expect you to only give your best show us that we wouldn't be making a wrong decision in letting you debut." from all around her, Seulgi saw them give determined glances to the woman speaking even shy Krystal beside her turned eager, it was a known fact that her sister already debuted with the rising girl group of the entertainment and is doing well at that too perhaps it was that that encouraged her to persevere.

"Oh and evaluations would be done simultaneously for every three days, anyone who wouldn't be able to pass at least five evaluation will be out any more than five and you can say goodbye to being a trainee."

At the mention of that she found herself trying hard not to curl into a ball and just wither away.
This doesn’t even make sense how can they just go on and prepare performances every three days? What kind of sorcery was she expected to pull just so she could survive this?

What is this madness she got herself into? 
***

'the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter