{13}

Selfish thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Against Jaebum's better decisions, he found himself waking up to a dull ache in his back for being cooped up in the rooftop table the whole night, apparently after Seulgi's outburst and his own blurry breakdown he fell asleep. Well technically, both of them did, as he soon became aware of the fact that the cause of his left arm being numb was a bear girl's weight pushing against his side.

It was fairly early, the summer heat has not yet begun beating the earth down, and instead a comfortable warmth lingered in the air. Jaebum suddenly felt torn whether he should wake the sleeping bear beside him so they could move somewhere the sun won't toast them pretty soon or carry her downstairs and book it, he had an early morning practice anyway one that him being the leader has every obligation to attend.

Though his resolve to leave was ultimately weakened as Seulgi's fingers carded themselves through the sleeve of his shirt, her body shifting to rest more on his chest, and her head ducking into the crook of his neck.

'All right, kit, you win.'

Jaebum snickered to himself, guess he'll think about the consequences later, later when the sun decides it's about time he becomes toast.

***

Seulgi being the deep sleeper she is had her fair share of waking up in really awkward circumstances.

For one she fell asleep on the sunbaes practice room, though in her defense was the only vacant one the night prior, still it didn't change the fact that she couldn't face the lot for a whole month, another was when Joohyun asked her to drink and they both got so drunk Seulgi woke up face flat in front of the bathrooms, though she still was decided that none of those could come close to where she found herself today.

Intricately pressed against Jaebum's body, limbs holding on to him so tight a blush was instantly on her face, never mind the fact that his arm was also on the small of her back, securing her to him.

What the heck had I gotten myself into?

Truth be told, this wasn't the first time she woke up cradled against him they'd been childhood friends to boot, probably even infant friends (if such a thing was possible) what Seulgi was feeling awkward about was that they hadn't been on speaking terms in the past four or five years, so yeah there ought to be some barriers up now. Though something along the lines of attraction were also considerable points to her predicament, even if she wouldn't admit those out loud and would probably keep them to herself to her grave.

So thankfully, her brother became a heaven-sent dufus and forcefully banged the rooftop door causing her already panicked mind to overdrive, and yeah ugly parts aside she found herself on the stone flooring of the rooftop, and pain spiking up at her pelvic bone.

"Was wondering where you've been..." her brother didn't really need to finish his sentence for Seulgi to understand, a malicious smile set wide on his lips was enough of a tell.

"We fell asleep after we talked is all," she muttered although she still couldn't help the tinges of pink she was sure were on her cheeks. Because while that was truth, it still is half of the actual truth.

"Yeah, whatever. Come downstairs I have something for you."

Never in her life had Seulgi been more thankful for her brother, although she was sure he's bound to use that as a teasing leverage for her she still felt grateful that he kept his quiet for the time being. She needed time to sort her thoughts out and teasing would only make her more confused.

***

Seulgi's brother turned out to have given her a bunch of ticket coupons to Everland, claiming he had gotten that as tip in one of his work stints, and although she was dubious she didn't mind as much for she and the rest of her bandmates had been dying to go to the amusement park for quite some time now it would be stupid to refuse them.

"Fancy," Seulgi heard Jaebum mumble from the seat across her.

Apparently after her brother's display of dufus-ness Jaebum also woke up, although at a later time than her which was why they were here seated opposite each other at the dining table wolfing down the leftover food last night.

"Oppa said they were from o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter