{1}

Selfish thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum wanted to beg, true it wasn’t his usual style but for the sake of not being misunderstood he was willing to do so. Of course he treasures Kang Seulgi and of course he would want what's best for her but something about this whole ordeal made him uncomfortable and the more he thought about it the more selfish his feelings became.

This girl, this shy, dorky, sometimes dumb girl would audition to be an idol in Korea's number one entertainment. It was a fair point to consider to be an idol after all he heard a lot of his classmates discussing that they'd want to be idols and be popular and be able to provide for their families. In fact there were times he considered being one too but ... he sighed maybe all he wanted was for Seulgi to still be in touch, to not forget about him and— nevermind.

***


The day for her audition came and as unusual as it sounds, she came to audition on a Saturday, he still accompanied her as would a good friend would do. 

"Jaebumie .... I'm scared." she whispered hurriedly to him, breathing uneven, nimble fingers twisting her sweater reducing some of it in loose threads.

"You can do it." he whispered back, he didn't know how to respond anyway since he himself felt shaken. 

"Tell me why I did this again." she said shaking her head, a few tendrils of her curly hair clung to his shoulder.

"Because you want to," he answered and she stared at him disbelieving, what does she expect him to answer anyway?

"You're unbelievable." she let out a puff of breath and inched away from him, no doubt annoyed at his answer but somehow it felt better since he felt suffocated by her proximity and her nervousness as he found it so easily traveling to him. 

Minutes later a staff called a name and as fast as lightning she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter