{5}

Selfish thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Months passed since that last meeting with Jaebum and if she had to be honest she didn't even know how that time flew she just had so much to think about mostly on how to improve her skills and how to put on a good performance. As it turned out the three day evaluations were merely setbacks and allotted times for criticizing and improvements which helped her incredibly in successfully passing four evaluations.

 

One more and she might just have the spot for the debuting group, though of course that would be a wishful thinking since for the fifth evaluation they needed to pass being an efficient team and try as she may she just couldn’t get comfortable with the situation though she was quite sure it was more on the fact that most of her team members were trainees she never had time to talk to and one of them would be a girl she had contrasting thoughts with, Joohyun. 

Sure she had gotten prettier her dance was almost as perfect as the seniors, she even had the perfect proportions already though a tiny glitch in her otherwise perfection would be her voice since most of the time they were asked to perform vocal power demanding songs her soft feminine voice just won't do and Seulgi was afraid of that. 

She didn't know how they would do this evaluation in a span of fourteen days, didn't know where to start or just where they should be pointing their direction at. Its not the most terrifying experience yet it felt as if it was one because this time she knew she was alone.

 

It would be better if she could discuss this with someone else, preferably Jaebum but given the circumstances she doubted she'd even have time to contact him. She sighed if only the deadline wouldn't come as quick maybe she could still think of how to survive this. 
***

It was a cold night at Hangang but Seulgi didn't mind, in fact she liked how the cold bit her skin even under her thick clothes. She needed time to think and the evaluation was in five days and though her team was doing better than what she initially expected they all know it wasn't enough especially since she'd seen what Jinri and Krystal's team can do. To make the matters worse her bad traits had begun to take hold, her nervousness making her anxious and short tempered.

 

And she hated it, hated how all these reminds her of her school days and how as always Jaebum was there to match her so instead of her letting it out she could properly think of how to deal with the situation so as not to create more misunderstanding. 

For some reason she found this funny and annoying because she didn't realize just how much having him by her side meant and how right at this moment she kept wishing and, absentmindedly, needing the comfort his presence gave to her. 
***

She rode the bus home that night deciding that she should at least ask someone for their guidance, true she prefers doing things on her own but more often than she liked to admit she needed people to tell her what she needs to do. It was her weakness anyway.

 

Without another to guide her she would surely fail because it was her nature to depend on others she used to think it was okay since she always had someone to lean on but ever since she decided on her own and went through that damned audition she couldn't help but feel as if she threw all that away and she was here right now facing the consequences of her mistake. 

"You should've told me you're coming so I could cook a decent food for you." her mother greeted her at the doorstep she had no such idea of ever reaching.

"I'm not that hungry besides I need to talk to Jaebum, have you seen him home?" 

"No I haven't you could call Mrs. Lim if you like though." her mother answered. 

"Oh." 

"Is there something wrong? Did you two fight?"

"No."

"Seems to me like you did, I saw him few times looking so dejected just like you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter