...

Not Like the Others (Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VII

 

Baekhyun opened the door and slowly came into the room. He hadn’t been in his old room in a while, and he still couldn’t believe his mom kept it exactly as he had left it when he moved out. His inspirational wall was there, untouched, filled with pictures of things he liked, people he admired, articles of their accomplishments, quotes and other random stuff. His bookcase was beside it, so filled with books that he had had to pile a lot of them horizontally over it, (using a low stool to stand on). He regarded it for a moment and then reached out to get his graduation photo album. He opened it and immediately smiled at the first picture, which showed him dressed in his cap and gown, wearing the orange hood that signaled he was graduating summa laude, and holding his bachelor’s degree certificate. He had felt at the top of the world that day, like he could do anything he wanted.

He closed the album and left it back where he had found it, as he remembered the way Chanyeol had almost choked him in the middle of his own father’s company a few moments ago.

Trying not to dwell on it too much, he laid down on his old bed and closed his eyes. He was starting to feel sleepy when he heard his mom’s voice.

“Baekhyun?”

“Hi, mom,” he said, his eyes still closed.

“What are you doing here?” she said, and sat beside him. “Shouldn’t you be at work...?” he didn’t answer. “Baekhyunnie, what’s wrong? It’s Chanyeol, isn’t it?” she asked.

Baekhyun nodded and she sighed. He felt reluctant about telling her in detail what had happened, mostly because he knew his voice was going to break, his mom was going to look hurt, and he’d end up crying his heart out on her shoulder.

Which was exactly what happened.

“It’s okay... It’s okay...” she was saying, caressing his back. “This is all my fault.”

“W-what?” Baekhyun pulled away and wiped his tears with a hand. “...Why?”

“I should have been firmer with you, we shouldn’t have let you run so free. I knew this day would come and you would suffer,” she murmured, watching him with regretful eyes.

“Mom, please, don’t blame yourself. Just- Don’t.”

“Is that why you came?”

He nodded. “Can I stay here for a while?”

“Of course. But if Chanyeol comes by I can’t hide you from him... I don’t want this to become worse for you,” she said and petted his hair affectionally.

“I know.”

“And remember how understanding he has been,” she added. “Try to understand him a little, too. He has an instinct that demands your obedience, it isn’t something he can turn off in his brain, just like you were unable to be away from him when you met, and I’m pretty sure you do feel the desire to make him happy.”

The younger omega glanced away. “I do, I never said I didn’t, but I don’t always know...”

“You don’t seem to try very much, though. You don’t let him lead any aspect of your life.”

Baekhyun grumbled. “Whatever. I don’t want to see him right now.”

 

*

 

Chanyeol was even more furious than before. Furious that he had lost control like that. If it hadn't happened publicly, who knows what he could have done? He could have seriously injured his mate. He couldn't let that happen again, he needed to put Baekhyun in his place, once and for all, and let him get accustomed to it, no matter how much he glared or pouted about it.

He was done.

He was done trying to control his dominance, done trying to hold back while Baekhyun did absolutely nothing for him. And he was most definitely done with Kris’ endless calls, he thought as he turned his phone off before entering his partner’s apartment.

"Baek?" He called as he went inside. Baekhyun had given him a copy of the card key when they had made the property transfer.

He didn't find him there, though. He sighed and sat on the couch, looking around, trying to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter