...

Not Like the Others (Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XX

 

“You’re pregnant?!” Kyungsoo asked as he barged into Baekhyun’s office.

Baekhyun, who had been concentrated in two ad design choices Kris had presented him a few minutes ago, flinched and looked up with a scowl.

“Shhh!!” he brought a finger to his lips and gestured for Kyungsoo to close the door, which the other omega did. “Fifteen minutes ago you were ignoring me and now this? Chanyeol told you, didn't he?”

Kyungsoo nodded. “Baek, I’m really sorry for all I said, and the way I acted. I didn’t know what had happened with Kai...”

“You would have known if you had let me tell you,” Baekhyun snapped, looking away from Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo sighed and took a seat in front of him. “I know. I’m sorry... I talked to Kai, he promised he would apologize to you too.”

This got Baekhyun’s attention. He looked up. “He what?”

“Well, it wasn’t easy, and I had to cry a little but he said it.” Kyungsoo shrugged. “We talked about it, and the reason he was so angry in the first place was because he had talked to Suho about this position and he was convinced he would be chosen. He never considered you.”

Baekhyun huffed. “Of course he didn’t.”

“But he does know now he was being mean and that you didn’t deserve it.”

Baekhyun was skeptical. “Kai said that.”

Kyungsoo nodded.

“With those words.”

The raven blushed a little. “Well, not exactly, but it was the implication...”

 

*15 minutes prior*

 

Kyungsoo didn’t remember feeling so angry in his life before. He didn’t know if it was the hormones, but he wanted to shift into his wolf form and rip someone’s throat open.

Kai’s throat, preferably.

“KIM KAI!” he growled as he saw his mate walking down the corridor towards his office with a folder in his hands.

“Kyungsoo, what’s wrong?” Kai asked, and not even his presence, his smell or his gaze was able to make Kyungsoo any less furious or more cautious. His submission had been thrown out of the window for now.

The omega grabbed the shocked alpha’s arm and dragged him into his office. He slammed the door shut and glared at Kai.

“How dare you?” he hissed.

Kai growled. “Why the hell are speaking to me like that?”

“Because I’m done with your rivalry with Baekhyun! I’m tired all the time, I can’t have a pleasant morning anymore, I have to go to the bathroom every five minutes, I hate everything and everyone the rest of the time, and of top of that my mate decides it’s fun to play games with me and my best friend’s relationship!!” Kyungsoo exclaimed at the top of his lungs. “You’re supposed to protect me and think of what’s best for me and instead you’re acting like a pup! How can you be a good dad when you behave like this?!”

“ENOUGH!” Kai roared, interrupting him. “Stop. Yelling."

Kyungsoo fell silent, mildly horrified by what he had just done. Where had that even come from?

“...I’m sorry,” Kai said next, and Kyungsoo’s jaw fell in astonishment.

 

*

 

“And then he said he had still been too mad when he talked to me and admitted he was wrong. He said he’d do anything to make it up to me and I told him he should apologize to you,” Kyungsoo said, grinning at Baekhyun’s dumfounded expression.

“Wow. I never thought he would admit that,” Baekhyun murmured. “Maybe he’s warming up to me,” he added hopefully.

“But anyway. You’re pregnant! Congratulations!” Kyungsoo exclaimed cheerfully.

“Yes, thank you, but please stop screaming about it. No one knows yet.”

“How do you feel about it? Are you okay?”

“Yes... I’m okay, I guess. I’ve always known getting pregnant accidentally was a possibility.” Baekhyun sighed, hoping to look calmer than he actually felt. He didn’t want anyone besides Chanyeol to know he had cried and cried and cried when he had found out he was pregnant. “Besides, I’m an omega, aren’t I? This is something I should be able to do... Right?”

Kyungsoo smiled reassuringly. “Of course, Baek! Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter