2018 Holiday Bonus

Not Like the Others (Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2018 Holiday Bonus

hello, I wanted to write a fluffy little Christmas themed thing and what better place to add random cute scenes than this fic. hope you like it!

*

 

Christmas would be in five days, and so, the mall was packed with people who had left their gift shopping for the last minute.

Like Baekhyun, for instance.

The corridors and stores were so crowded, Baekhyun was holding Hojun’s tiny hand a bit more firmly than necessary. The festive music playing was interrupted every fifteen minutes to remind the mall goers to avoid shifting inside stores, as it could be dangerous in the cramped space. Hojun pointed excitedly at a Santa Claus with three pups on his lap as they passed by.

Baekhyun wasn’t particularly festive or excited about the holidays, so it was a surprise to him when he actually made a detour to get Hojun’s picture taken with the Santa. Two black and white omegas in wolf form with stunning blue eyes stood close, playing as Santa’s sled wolves. He picked Hojun up and stood in line. Chanyeol would definitely love the picture.

He remembered the times he used to make fun of his alpha for being so basic and corny, wanting to always traditionally celebrate birthdays and Valentine’s Day and Christmas and their anniversaries. Hojun wasn’t going to remember those over the top parties, anyway. After six years of being mates, perhaps Chanyeol’s clichéd ways were rubbing off on him.

Life was peaceful.

Hojun was five years old, and would soon graduate preschool. He was curious, adventurous and cheerful. Chanyeol was considering looking for a regular job again after Hojun started school.

They got the picture printed and framed and hurried to their last stop: the music store to get Chanyeol’s gift. In the way, he noticed a long line forming outside a toy store with discounts, and a worker surrounded by three angry parents growling at her for some reason, and Baekhyun was thankful to Chanyeol, who had done his Christmas shopping a month in advance, including Hojun’s gifts.

They walked inside the music store, which wasn’t as maddeningly busy. Hojun looked at the shiny instruments, wide eyed. It was his first time coming into a music shop.

“Papa! Look! A mutant guitar!” he said, eagerly pointing at a double neck electric guitar. He ran closer and stared at the red guitar like it was the coolest thing in the entire universe. “Woah! We can get daddy this one?!”

“I don’t think daddy wants that one,” Baekhyun replied with a chuckle. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed the shop’s clerk was looking at Hojun warily. He came closer and took his son’s hand at once, just to be safe.

“Wait, no, THIS ONE!” Hojun dragged Baekhyun to another part of the store and pointed vehemently. It was a yellow translucent drum set. Baekhyun suspected Hojun only liked it because it looked a bit like candy.

“We said it would be a new guitar, this is too big,” he explained patiently.

“Daddy needs it!”

Baekhyun laughed. “Daddy doesn’t play the drums, he plays the guitar.”

“No! Daddy always watches videos of this, I remember, and he has a book too, I saw he read the book!”

“When was he reading this book?”

Hojun took a dramatic deep breath like he couldn’t believe his papa was so oblivious. “At breakfast! I saw it and it has a picture of one just like this but blue, and he said it’s called drums,” he explained, gesturing enthusiastically.

“And why didn’t I notice this?”

Hojun bit his lip. “Because you never notice a thing, daddy says you’re blind,” he answered sheepishly, containing laughter.

“Daddy isn’t wrong,” Baekhyun conceded. Hojun giggled.

The brunet recalled all the times he had heard Chanyeol playing a remarkably recognizable song on the table using a pen, his hand and a glass and thought it might not be a bad idea. Besides, he doubted Hojun was lying to him, and he’d love to surprise his alpha with something over the top. He would have to arrange delivery for another day, after thinking where to hide this.

“Do you have this in other colors?” he asked the clerk.

 

*

 

Hojun held a yellow hard candy lollipop in one hand and Baekhyun’s in the other as they slowly walked towards the mall’s exit. The little boy was proud of himself for helping choose his daddy’s Christmas gift. After all, few things were as magical as a Christmas present for a child.

Baekhyun was happy the boy was having a good time. Meanwhile, he had a killer headache. While he was buying the lollipop his vision had blurred. He held himself together, swallowing his anxiety and hoping not to ruin Hojun’s day. He was walking slowly to see if his vision blurred again, in which case he’d take a taxi back home instead of driving. He’d risk it, if he was alone, but as reckless as he had been all his life, he would never put his pup in danger.

“Let’s sit here for a moment, Jun,” he said, stopping in the benches front of the mall’s fountain. It formed different shapes with the water and lit up with alternating colors, whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter