...

Not Like the Others (Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bonus 6

 

“Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo, sitting in his cubicle with the phone against his ear, looked up. “What is it?”

Baekhyun stood solemnly in the cubicle’s entrance. “Please come to my office, I have important matters to discuss with you.”

“Oh, okay, I’ll be there when I finish making this call for Jongdae,” the black haired omega said, a little nervously. Baekhyun didn’t seem happy as he turned around and made his way back to his office. Had he done something wrong? He had just started to work half-time in his old position, since his twins were at preschool and he didn't have much to do at home.

“Sit down, please,” Baekhyun said once Kyungsoo walked in, pointing to the chair in front of his desk with his pen. The omega did, and the brunet played with the pen in his hand in silence.

“...Are you going to fire me or something?” Kyungsoo asked, a minute later.

Baekhyun jerked his head up, surprised. “What? I’m not even your boss!”

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes. “Did you fire Kai again then?”

“Of course not! Why are you asking me that?”

“Because you’re being all serious and cryptic... Are you okay?”

“Yes, it’s just that I have a question.”

“You can ask me anything, Baek.”

Baekhyun bit his lip and his eyes wandered to his hands. “Have you ever had an omega... flirt with Kai?”

Kyungsoo blinked twice. That hadn’t been what he was expecting. “Uhm... What?”

“Yes, flirt with him, even after said omega saw he was yours.”

“Did you see an omega flirt with Kai?” Kyungsoo demanded, his eyes wide.

“No!” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Stop talking about yourself and your mate. Look, there’s a little flirting with Chanyeol in the playdate group he joined with Hojun. And he insulted me to my face!”

“What? He insulted you? When? How? What did he say?”

“When we went to McDonalds this weekend, he stumbled upon him, and Chanyeol introduced him to me. And he said ‘ah, yes, Baekhyun, I’ve heard so much about you and your work.’”

Kyungsoo tilted his head to the side, doing his best to understand what his friend was so upset about. “And that’s insulting because...?”

“It was his tone, okay!” Baekhyun said defensively. “I’m not crazy! And he was implying Chanyeol hid him from me because he felt something for him too.”

Kyungsoo shook his head. “I’ve never had anyone do that to Kai. Then again, other omegas are always scared of him. I saw a waiter once ogling him and it made me uncomfortable... Kai complained to the manager.”

“Of course he did.” Baekhyun was suddenly a little jealous of the fact Kai considered anyone who caused distress to his Kyungsoo his mortal enemy. “Chanyeol says it’s nothing. That I’m exaggerating. It’s not fair, if it was the other way around Chanyeol would’ve demanded I left the playdate group. He asked me not to speak to Junki after one little conversation with him. He didn’t even let me argue.”

“Junki does like you, though,” Kyungsoo pointed out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter