...

Not Like the Others (Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

III

 

Baekhyun sat up on the bed and pouted. “Chanyeol... Hang up,” he whined towards his alpha, who was standing near the window, speaking in a low and serious voice. He had been on the phone since he had gotten there, forty eight minutes ago, talking and ignoring him.

He approached and pushed him lightly. Chanyeol turned and mouthed “wait”, to then walk a few steps away. Baekhyun was having none of it.

“Chanyeol...” he insisted, following him and clinging to his jacket.

“Yeah, I know,” the taller was saying, halfheartedly attempting to get away from the needy omega, who was now giving him doe eyes. Chanyeol couldn’t help but smile and pet his hair. “So when would that be?” he sat on the bed and placed Baekhyun on his lap, surrounding his waist with his free arm.

Baekhyun moved a little to face him and continued to stare at him as Chanyeol listened to whatever the other person was saying. He wanted him to hurry up, but watching his profile wasn’t boring, either. Chanyeol had recently cut his hair and was styling it up, which made him look a little less boyish and a lot ier in his opinion. He also loved hearing his deep voice so closely. Baekhyun made a sound of protest again, which only earned him a glare.

“...To send tomorrow morning?” the alpha was saying.

Giving up, Baekhyun let himself slide down enough to lean his head over Chanyeol’s chest and closed his eyes, focusing on the comforting sound of his heartbeat and his voice.

“Baek?” he heard him call a few minutes later. He opened his eyes and straightened up.

“It was Kris, he asked if I could edit some pictures that Stec just sent back...”

“What? It’s Saturday!”

“Yes, but this was supposed to be done by Friday.”

“Why didn’t they check them before? Ugh,” Baekhyun snorted.

“I don’t know, but Kris doesn’t want to get behind because of them. Sehun already agreed to work overtime too. Which means, I have to get you home,” he said and started moving to stand up.

“What? Nooooo,” Baekhyun put his arms around Chanyeol’s neck and tried to hold him down. “Let me at least stay. Please~”

“You’re going to get bored, we can spend the day together tomorrow.”

Baekhyun let him go to throw himself over the bed. “I’m not going anywhere,” he said in a whimper. “You weren’t at work yesterday, we didn’t even have lunch together on Thursday, and now you’re going to throw me out today?”

“I thought you were enjoying the freedom.” Chanyeol smiled, glad that he minded his absence.

Baekhyun scowled. “Well, I wasn’t. Let me stayyyy,” he rolled on the bed until he was right in front of him, looking at him upside down. “Please.”

Chanyeol sighed. How could he say no to such display of cuteness? “Fine.”

The omega’s expression brightened. He had missed Chanyeol a lot in the last few days. He tried to keep his pride and avoided acting needy in the office when he caught a glimpse of his alpha, but he had been dying to be alone with him and have his attention. It was something he craved.

Chanyeol sat in his desk and opened his laptop to start working. Baekhyun dragged another chair to sit beside him, and Chanyeol just knew that he wasn’t going to let him work that easily.

“Hey, Yeol,” he said, not even five minutes later.

“Baek, not now.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter