...

Not Like the Others (Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XIV

 

Why was Baekhyun so hard to please? Chanyeol wondered. Saying omegas and alphas weren’t equal wasn’t an insult, it was a simple fact backed up by science and hundreds of years of research.

Omegas had a very different biology, one that made them more sensitive, social and sympathetic. These qualities allowed them to survive despite their fragility and made them more capable of taking care of pups. They were submissive and craved to be led by their mate.

Or at least that was how they were supposed to be. Baekhyun wasn’t submissive, at all, and he wouldn’t have shown any submissive behavior if Chanyeol hadn’t been there.

Chanyeol didn’t think he was a very fussy alpha. He didn’t need Baekhyun to bow his head every time he saw him and wash his feet (which was something they actually had been expected to do a very long time ago). But forcing the omega to act like he felt something he didn’t was tiring. Baekhyun didn’t even care about spending the night somewhere else, for crying out loud.

As expected, Baekhyun still seemed pissed in the morning. He disentangled himself from Chanyeol’s arms as soon as their alarm went off and went into the bathroom, slammed the door shut and locked it to shower by himself. Then he packed their lunch in silence while Chanyeol made breakfast, and ignored his attempt to make conversation while they ate.

The alpha decided to speak up during the ride to work (just to make sure Baekhyun wouldn't run away).

“Are you still angry because I didn’t let you go to that trip?” he asked, his eyes still on the road.

“No,” Baekhyun replied without looking at him either. “I’m angry because you think you’re superior and you’re treating me like a baby.”

Chanyeol sighed. “Fine,” he said. “If you think it’s safe, then go to the reunion. But I want to know where exactly you’ll be and with who.”

Baekhyun’s head snapped in his mate’s direction. “...Really?”

“Yes, I don’t want us to take a step back because of this. And besides that one night I had to pick you up at the bar, I have to admit you’ve been doing well. But you won’t drink, hunt, or let another alpha see or touch your body. I want you to call me at least twice a day. Do you understand?”

Baekhyun nodded at once.

“And I never said I was superior,” Chanyeol continued. “I only said I had the leading role in this relationship, which is true. A relationship that, by the way, I didn’t choose.”

This made the omega lower his eyes. “...You wouldn’t have chosen me if it had been your decision, right?”

Chanyeol finished parking the car in the company’s parking lot before he replied. “Can we not get so salty in the morning? You’d be just as offended if I told you that yes, I’d have forcefully dominated you if I hadn’t felt the pull. You’d be absolutely horrified if I said that, so, please stop.”

Baekhyun looked up. “Anyway, thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” Chanyeol smiled. “Did you grab our lunch bags from the kitchen counter?”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened. “...Uhm.”

“Oh, Baekhyun, again?”

“Sorry.”

“Definitely wouldn’t have chosen you.”

The brunet pouted. Chanyeol closed the distance between their lips to give him a small peck. “You’re paying for today's lunch.”

“I know, I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine, it’s the excuse I needed to eat sushi.”

Baekhyun chuckled, and they entered the office in a comfortable silence. The omega waved happily at him before going to his cubicle.

 

*

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter