...

Not Like the Others (Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

II

 

Mutual respect wasn’t exactly the easiest thing in the world when you and your partner had a different notion of what respect was.

For example, Baekhyun didn’t think that paying the bill at a restaurant while Chanyeol was in the bathroom was disrespectful in any way. He was just trying to be nice. Trying to show that he didn’t want to jump off a cliff anymore when he saw his face. Judging by Chanyeol’s expression when he came back to see him signing the credit card receipt, though, it had been a terrible thing to do.

He was pretty baffled.

And so many of their dates ended with a mildly angry alpha driving him to his apartment, the unamused expression making him look slightly scary, since Chanyeol was usually smiling brightly.

“So, was it something I said?” Baekhyun asked him.

“What are you talking about?”

“Was it something I did?”

“Baek, I’m not mad, I’m happy we spent this afternoon together...”

“Really? Then why are you making that face at me? You look like Kris.”

Chanyeol forced a wide smile. Baekhyun wasn’t convinced. “That’s just creepy.”

“Whatever. Good night,”

Chanyeol never admitted he was annoyed. He would say everything was fine, but his attitude made obvious that it wasn’t. Alphas were so complicated.

Baekhyun’s thoughts were interrupted by Kai stepping into Kyungsoo’s cubicle. He rolled his chair back a little to see them. Maybe he could learn a thing or two from Kyungsoo, who had the fussiest alpha in world and still managed to make him happy.

The black haired omega smiled brightly and rose from his chair to greet him as if they hadn’t seen each other in years.

“Are you ready for the meeting?” he asked and Kai nodded. “And where’s your tie?”

“I spilled coffee on it.”

“You’re always spilling coffee on your ties when you have important meetings.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “Which is why since last time I keep one here,” he smiled and opened a drawer of his desk.

Baekhyun watched as he expertly tied it and checked Kai’s overall appearance. “Done,” he pulled the tie, making the alpha lean in to kiss him briefly.  “Everything will be fine. Don’t be nervous.”

Kai frowned. “I know! I’m not nervous!”

“Of course you aren’t,” Kyungsoo laughed.

“I’m not.” Kai smiled. “See you at lunch then.”

Kai turned around to go away, but he caught a glimpse of Baekhyun staring at them and froze. “Are you spying on us?” he asked, his expression becoming  cold.

“No?”

“Then why are you there?”

“I was... retrieving this highlighter,” Baekhyun held up the highlighter he happened to be holding, and slowly rolled his chair back into his cubicle. The alpha wasn’t going to let it go that easily, though.

“If I see you spying on me again...” he hissed and stepped menacingly towards him.

“You will do absolutely nothing,” Chanyeol interrupted, walking out of the break room. “Or kindly take the complaint to me.”

“Oh, my God. Like he could do anything about it!” Kai laughed in a mocking tone. “Your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter