Prologue 2: Party tonight

Sleeping Dino

 

"Hyu-ong! I can't breath."

"Sorry baby Chan, you are too cute for us  to resist hugging you!" One of the arms tightened around Chan's torso.

"I aklee do." Two sounds said in unison.

"I agree three." 

"There is no sentence like that such as 'i agree three-"

"Okay, enough guys. We should greet Chan's parents first. "

"Yup, so stop hugging Chan!" Someone pried the arms off and Chan felt grateful. 

Suddenly, a hot tongue Chan's face and Chan nearly squealed in shock.

"Scoups, stay in the pocket!" 

"Sorry Chan, my parents went out for dinner. I can't leave it in the house alone."

"Never mind, hyung," Chan smiled," I want to see Scoups too."

"I want three."

"I want four."

"I want f-"

"Guys, let's greet Chan's parents first, shall we?" A sharp stare looked at the three noisiest ones and they quickly shut others' mouths with their own hands.

Chan nervously gulped and directed them to his parents who were in the kitchen.

 

"Omma, appa, hyungs have reached." Chan slightly pulled his mum's apron.

"Hello, kids, nice to meet you all. I am Chan's omma." Mrs. Lee stopped her cooking and grinned at the children.

"Hello, omonim!" The children except Chan bowed to Mrs. Lee.

"Kids, how about me?" Mr. Lee appeared in nowhere and pouted.

"Hello, abonim!" They bowed again.

"Hello, my precious little kids!" Mr. Lee attempted to kiss their cheek.

"Dear!" Mrs. Lee rolled her eyes and pulled Mr. Lee away," Since the dinner is not ready yet, how about you all stay in Chan's room to play for awhile?" She softly smiled and gestured Chan.

"Okay, omma. " Chan pulled nearby hyungs with him while the rest followed him. 

Mr. Lee quickly cupped Chan's cheek and made a quick peck on Chan's forehead.

"Appa!"

"Haha, see you later, my son."

 

"Chan, your omma is beautiful!" one of them commented.

"Thank you, hyungs." Chan replied in delight.

"Two of you have the same nose."

"Stupid, of course they have the same nose...." The usual bickering began.

"Stop arguing, you two."

Now they are in the room, sitting on the floor, chair or bed while forming a circle.

Chan grabbed Dino and hugged it," Hyungs, this is Dino."

"Oww, it's just as cute as you. My baby Chan!"

"Hyung!" Chan pouted.

"Okay okay. Sorry, Channie." 

Chan always wanted to show them his Dino but he didn't allow to bring it out. His often whine gave his hyungs ideas to bring along their respective plushies or other favourtie thing to his birthday party.

"What is your favourite thing, Jeonghan hyung?" 

"Mine is Angel." He showed a small white bunny plushie.

 

 

Chan was a sobbing mess when he first experienced anxiety due to separation with his mum. His dad was the kind of person who could cheer up people easily but not good in comfort. So his dad was sitting beside him, panicking and thinking hard on the difficult task of stopping a crying Chan. 

"Hello! May i ask why you are crying?" Suddenly a boy reached Chan and poked the later's shoulder.

Chan jerked at the poke and stared at the boy. The boy repeated his question again.

"I.....I....Omma....cannot....come to ...playground...with..Channie." Chan started sniffing and hiccuping.

"Channie," The boy softly grabbed Chan's hand," There must be a reason for your mum to not coming with you."

"B-But Channie.....want...omma." Slightly relaxed by the warmth through the hand, Chan stopping crying but his sound was still hoarse.

"Then how about I being your omma today?" The boy suggested.

Chan widened his eyes, "My omma?"

"Yes, i will take care of you just like your omma. Is that okay, baby Channie?" The boy gave him a broad smile.

"Okay!"

 

 

This is how Chan befriend his first hyung, Jeonghan. Chan felt glad he met Jeonghan hyung because this lead him to meet his other hyungs. 

 

 

"Chan, mine is this cross necklace." A boy pulled out his necklace and showed it to all of them.

 

 

When Chan first met Jeonghan hyung, he befriended with Jisoo hyung too. 

"Hello!" The boy greeted with a grin, looking Jeonghan pulling Chan beside him.

"Chan, this is Jisoo and he is same age as me. Jisoo, this is Chan. From today onwards, I am going to be Channie's omma."

Jisoo grabbed Chan's hand and shook, "Nice to meet you, Channie."

"Ha...hello-o, Jisoo hyung."

"Here," Jisoo pulled out a handkerchief to wipe snot and tear," Let me help you to clean up."

"What should you say, Channie?" Jeonghan asked Chan.

"Ta..Thank you, Jisoo hyung."

After that day, they always met each other in the playground. Mr. Lee started to leave Chan with Jisoo and Jeonghan and returned after a few hours to pick Chan. The three kids played roleplay like they were a family most of times except when Mr. Lee sometimes sat at the bench in the playground to watch them playing. As a kind boy, Jisoo would have conversation with Mr. Lee as he thought Mr. Lee might feel bored.

"It looks like your two father are having fun talking to each other." Jeonghan whispered to Chan once while looking at them laughing at something.

 

 

"Well, I don't need to say mine out as all of you know it." A boy scratched his puppy's jaw. The puppy was wagging its tails and barked as if it responded to its master.

 

 

One day, Chan was building sand castle, waiting his 'parents' to come. Suddenly, he was pushed backwards and he gasped in pain. At the next second, he was and tickled.

"Hahahahha, stop that. Hahahhahah, someone help me. Hahahaha...." Chan could not stop his laughter.

"Scoups!" Chan felt the weight on him disappear," Scoups, i told you many times that you cannot attack stranger like that!"

Chan raised his body and saw a boy holding down a puppy to stop it 'attack' back Chan. 

"Are you okay?" The boy asked in concern, "Do you hurt?"

"I am okay." Chan smiled to assure him and stood up.

"Yah, Choi Seungcheol! Are you bullying my baby?" Jeonghan rushed beside Chan and hid Chan behind him.

"Jeonghan, it was not my fault. It was Scoups'." The boy pointed at the puppy who was struggling to Jeonghan.

Next thing was they sitting at a bench eating tteokbokki which Seungcheol bought to apologize after continuosly nagged by Jeonghan.

"Why Scoups?" Chan asked.

"S show that it belongs to me. And coups...... " Seungcheol cupped puppy's cheek and pecked its nose," First time i brought Scoups here, it tried to attack whoever holding ice cream." Seungcheol laughed as he remembered the memory," That day me and Scoups had lots scoops of ice cream on us and earned nagging from my omma for an hour before we washed away the dirties."

"Seungcheol was banned from coming here for a few days." Jeonghan said.

"And," Jisoo interrupted," ice-cream won't be sold here anymore because all ice-cream ahjushi are afraid of Scoups."

 

 

"Shh, Scoups!" The boy who sat beside Seungcheol stared at Scoups," Mine is this bell." He swung a bell with pink ribbon. Ring~~

 

 

"Scoups, stop there," Seungcheol was running after his puppy," How could you destroy our sand castle?"

That day Jeonghan got sick and Jisoo decided to stay with him so only Seungcheol played with Chan but suddenly Scoups bumped into the almost-finished sand castle.

"Hyung, wait for me," Chan followed his hyung and bumped into his hyung's back due to Seungcheol's abrupt pause," Ahh! Hyung?"

Chan rubbed his head and amazed at what he had seen.

Scoups was sitting obediently on a cute boy's lap, almost quietly like a statue.

"Wow," Seungcheol's jaw dropped, “How do you do it?"

"Do what?" The boy asked.

"How do you make Scoups stay still?"

"I don't know. It just happened." The boy shrugged his shoulder.

"B-but i never seen...." Seungcheol stuttered his words.

"Jihoon hyung~~~~" All of them flinched at the loud sound.

 

 

"It is my turn. Let me show you my microphone." The boy stood up and raised his microphone toy high above his head.

 

 

"Seungkwan, what happened?" Jihoon quickly stood up and handed Scoups to Seungcheol.

"Mi....Minghao hyung," Seungkwan wiped his tear," He is in trouble."

"Seungkwan, bring me there! Quick!" Jihoon grabbed Seungkwan's hand and ran.

Seungcheol and Chan looked at each other before they ran after them.

 

 

"Seungkwan, sid town! "The boy spoke not fluent Korean and pulled Seungkwan," Mine iz znabpakg." He pointed the snapback which is above his head.

 

 

"Minghao~~~~" Jihoon shouted at the boy who is having a fight with three kids who seemed older than him.

"Jeez, i thought Jihoon is not here today." One of the older kid talked to his partner.

"Guess we need to stop now," the two kids immediately ran away after glared at Seungkwan who was hidding behind Jihoon, "We will look for you again, crybaby!"

"Seungkwan iz nod crybaby!" Minghao shouted back.

Jihoon and Seungkwan rushed over Minghao and checked if he was hurt.

"Minghao hyung, are you okay?" 

"I am okay, Seungkwan."

"Are you really okay, Minghao?"

"Yes, Jihoon hyung. I learnt wushu, do you remember?" Minghao rolled his eyes.

"Still, they have three. You should tell me earlier so that i can fight with you."

"Emm.....sorry," Jihoon, Minghao and Seungkwan directed attention to Seungcheol, "I think you can count on me and Scoups too." Seungcheol pointed himself proudly while Scoups hung its tongue out.

"......Okay......"

They sat down with Scoups taking nap on Jihoon's lap.

"Seungkwan hyung, why did they bully you?"

"W-When i reached here, i saw Minghao hyung and i ran over him but i accidentally bumped into them. I did say sorry to them but they pushed me. " Unshed tears began welling in Seungkwan eyes.

"Then i started to cry and screamed for omma. They laughed at me and said i was a crybaby and also mama-boy. Because of that i cried louder and they became so angry. They pushed me on the ground and kicked me....." Tears rolled down from his eyes to cheek, "I want omma!!"

Jihoon let out a deep sigh," But your omma won't be back until night."

"I don't care. I want omma!!!" Seungkwan cried louder and louder.

"Minghao hyung," Chan whispered beside Minghao," Does Seungkwan's omma always come back home late?"

"Yes. Dhat iz why me ant Jihoon hyung neet do play wif him everytay undil his omma kome back."

"Hmm.....Seungkwan hyung," Chan slightly pulled Seungkwan's sleeve," How about Jeonghan hyung being your omma before your omma come back?"

"J-Jeong-han h-hyung?"

"Yes, Jeonghan hyung. My omma."

Next day when they met, Jeonghan immediately declared that Seungkwan would be his new son, along with Minghao.

 

 

"Minghao, it iz snapback, not znabpakg." Another boy with slight foreign accent corrected Minghao," my favourite iz this photo which i dook with famous action actor."

 

 

"Minghao hyung~~~~" Chan saw Minghao walking near playground and he waved his hands,"Hi~~~~!"

Minghao walked near Chan with three kids.

"Herro, Channie."

"Hello, hyungs." Chan greeted others although he didn't know them.

"Aww~~~~he iz so cute!"

"I dold you so, Junhui-ge."

 

 

"My turn my turn! I can't show you the real flower so i bring this," A boy raised his hand and put a sunflower paper on the floor.

 

 

"Wow, can I bite him?"

"Seokmin, you can't!" Junhui and Minghao quickly responded. Minghao put a hand in front of Chan, ready to protect him.

"I am just kidding!" Seokmin pursed his lips and stuck his tongue out.

 

 

"........"  All of them eyed at a daydreaming boy. Seokmin snapped his finger in front of him. The snap brought the boy's attention back and quickly he pulled out an electronic device from his pockets, "MP3 player."

 

 

"Hahahaha!" Chan thought that Seokmin hyung was so funny. His laughter faltered when he noticed another boy.

"Minghao hyung, what is his name?"

"Oh, his name is Hansol." Seokmin, instead Minghao, answered his question. 

"Hello, Hansol hyung." Chan smiled at Hansol but received no response from the boy.

"Hansol!" Jun pulled out the headphone from Hansol's ear.

"What? What just happened?"

"Chan is saying hi to you."

"Oww, ohh....hi, Chan! You look cute as Minghao told. Sorry for just now. I was listening to my MP3." Hansol waved his MP3 player.

"He always listened do the muzic," Junhui said, "Doo much until he cannot listen whad we are saying."

"Even without music, he will daydream." Seokmin continued.

"So you bedder explain anything dwice to him" followed by Minghao.

"Sorry guys." Hansol smiled shyly to them.

 

 

Smack!

A sharp sound directed their attention to a boy who just put on his headband to gather attention but later he whined in pain as the headband smacked back him too hard.

"Ouch! M-mine is headband." Soonyoung rubbed his forehead to smoothen the pain.

 

 

"Scoups!!!!!" A shout jerked them up and Chan saw Scoups and Seungcheol passing beside him.

"Scoups, come back!" Seungcheol screamed.

Chan eyed them running around the circle which formed by Minghao, Junhui, Seokmin and him.

Scoups suddenly paused and Seungcheol quickly grabbed the chance to trap Scoups with his whole body weight.

"Got you!" Seungcheol who was lying on the floor with Scoups in his arms panted heavily.

Chan looked over to see what thing make Scoups abruptly stop. He saw three kids walking towards the playground. One of them wearing a headband, one eating red cylinder food and the last one eating a dark brown thing on a cone. Chan could see some dark brown liquid drifting down the cone, the kid's hand and finally down to the ground......tip......tip.....

"Scoups!!!!" The scream snapped Chan back to reality and tried to catch Scoups. Unfortunately, Scoups escaped under his shadow and Chan fell straightly on Seungcheol who was still on the ground.

"Ouff!" Struggling to move away from each other, they stood up and managed to catch the glimpse of Scoups jumping up, knocking the ice-cream from the kid's hand and stepping on the ice-cream.

"My ice-cream!!!!"

 

 

"Hahaha soonyoung hyung so cute." A boy exclaimed, "Mine is ice-cream...." Chan saw Scoups flinch its ears at the aforementioned word, "Since i can't bring it here, my second choice is hyung!" Said boy hugged another boy who sat near him.

 

 

After the incident, they sat at the same place eating the same thing as Seungcheol insisted to give his apology. Seungcheol decided to bring Scoups home and waved farewell to them after he made a prep talk himself to prepare for his mother's wrath.

"Farewell, my dongsaengs" He faked a sob before he turned away.

"Farewell, Seungcheol hyung and Scoups," Soonyoung shouted back.

"See you after a few days." Seokmin wiped a fake tear away.

Chan watched Seungcheol walk away and turned his head left, facing a pouting boy.

"Mingyu hyung, so sorry for your ice-cream." Chan said.

"I bought it with my pocket money. I just had one bite only."

"MIngyu, ton't bee zat...." Minghao replied.

"He meanz, don't be zad!" Junhui interrupted.

"But my money....My ice-cream.....One bite....."

"Emm.....Mingyu, you still can buy one more." Seokmin furrowed his eyebrows.

"Money....Ice-cream.....bite...."

"MIngyu, stop it!" Soonyoung said in a little annoyed.

"Money...."

"Mingyu...."

"Ice-"

"Hyung?"

"Cream...."

"Mingyu.."

"One...."

"Mingyu!"

"Bite...."

"Kim Mingyu!"

 

 

The being hugged back retreated his hug and said, "Thank you, Mingyu."

"Haha, i know hyung's favourite thing. It is this beanie, right?" Mingyu confidently pointed on the beanie.

".....True......"

 

 

Chan blinked at the sight of tteokbokki showing its half outside Mingyu's mouth. 

"Mingyu," Wonwoo shoved one tteokbokki into his mouth," Eat it!" 

Mingyu blinked a fow times and started to chew on the ricecake.

"Hyung?" Seokmin voiced out with wide eyes.

"Yes?" 

"........" Seokmin struggled to phrase his question in his mind.

"Mingyu needs to eat tteokbokki." Wonwoo answered as if he knew the question.

The question mark which was floating above them became larger.

"Food can stop his mumbling."

"................Ohh........." All of them made ‘o' mouth and watched the ricecake slowly disappeared into Mingyu's mouth.

"What happened?" Hansol just came back to earth.

".........." All of them except Mingyu eyed each other to answer Hansol's question.

 

 

"Wonwoo hyung and Mingyu hyung really know each other well." Chan impressed their friendship.

"Just like me and Jisoo, baby Channie." Jisoo gave an eyeless smile to Jeonghan.

"Eww......." Seungcheol responded.

"That is a bit gross." Jihoon shrugged his shoulder.

"I agree too."

"I agree three."

"I agree four."

"woff woff." Scoups barked.

"I agree......six?" Hansol slowly said.

"Hansol, to you know whad we are dorking..." "talking, Minghao." "Dhank you, Junhui hyung.....talking aboud?" 

"Emm......i thought we are playing some kind of number game?"

.................Silence...............

Luckily, a knock on the door saved them from the awkward situation.

"Kids, the dinner is ready." Mr. Lee opened the door and announced.

"Food!" Mingyu exclaimed.

"Ready for the party, Chan?" Wonwoo asked and all of them turned their gaze on Chan.

Chan tugged a smile and nodded.

"Let's party tonight." Mr. Lee led them down to the kitchen.