Chapter 1: 13 years

Sleeping Dino

 

After 13 years, ........

He is playing his piano. His fingers moves freely on the keyboards as if his hands were two five-legged spiders. He closes his eyes to enjoy the music.

He hears a closing door sound from his back. He smiles and waits for his closest friend who just entered to sit beside him.

Feeling the person flop down on the chair, he retracts his right hand from the keyboard. His friend quickly places his hand on the keyboard to play with him.

He opens his eyes and faces his friend. Meanwhile, the hands still work on the keyboard, never want to stop the song.

He shows a challenge smirk to his friend. His friend responses with a scoff.

His friend waves his free hands and points on the clock.

He purses his lips and slows down his hands to finish the song. His friend imitates his action.

Dang~~~~

He presses the last keyboard and places both hands on his knees.

Both of them stay silent until his friend presses two keyboard.

|Let's go|

He replies using the keyboards.

|Okay, hyung.|

He puts his hands inside his pocket and shakes the small item.

He glad he still can hear the sound.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 13 years, ........

"Please......" He is watching through the window, paying no attention to the sun and grey sky. He is making prayer hands, begging the safety of his hyungs. "Please let them come back safely." He bits his lower lips, mumbling these words. 

In front of him, there is a walkie talkie on the table. The signals of the walkie talkie keeps flashing and sounds transmitted from the other side echoing in the enclosed space.

"Captain. Here is Lieutenant Joon speaking. Fire is completely extinguished. No civilian is found. Over!"

"Okay, Lieutenant Joon. And Lieutenant Leo, are Jin and Yongguk safe? Over!"

"Yes, Captain. Both of them are safe. Over!"

Holding on the walkie talkie, he exhales a sigh of relief. He feels like he had been held on his breath around an hour.

"Kid, are you there?" A stern voice askes him.

He presses the button,  "Yes, captain. I am here."

"We will be back in 40 minutes."

"Oh yes, i feel so hungry now." A cheerful voice comments.

"Let's cook something special tonight." A deep voice suggests.

"But we don't have ingredients enough for special menu." A soft voice sighs.

"Don't worry, hyung. I can help buy them before you all come back." He quickly replies, volunteering for the trip to buy the special ingredients. 

"Thanks kid." the soft voice answers.

"No problem, hyung." He quickly grabs wallet and keys. He doesn't forget to wear his black thin mittens. Still holding the walkie talkie, he locks the door and hops onto his bicycle. And he waits. He waits for a voice which he desperates to hear the most.

"Kid, " He beams at the cold voice, "Be careful."

"Yes, hyung." He pulls on the hood of his hoodie and steps on the pedal, humming his favourite song.

He can't wait to be with his hyungs later.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 13 years, ........

He is staring blankly at the air. Contrast with him, there are many people around him preparing for the show. Some of them are checking the fancy clothes or make-up which he is wearing, some of them talking with his boss and some of them adjusting the equipments.

Suddenly, a loud thump snaps him of daze. Looking towards the source, he sees two male staffs bowing to his boss for dropping down the secret equipments. 

"Fire them, Kye PD!" His boss shouts angrily.

He eyes two security guards appear and pull the two flustered male staffs away.

"Is he ready?" He averts his gaze back to his boss who is waiting his cordi's answer.

"Yes, boss." The female staff who keeps wiping fake sweats on him answers.

"Okay." His boss shots a glance on the PD and nods.

"Everyone, standby. The show is going to start in 5 minutes." Kye PD announces.

He walks on the stage until beside his boss.

His boss scans him and pulls down his sleeves a bit.

"Make sure you won't show the bruises in front of camera." His boss stares at him, demanding him to give his wanted response.

"Yes, boss." He shrugs and faces the camera.

"Keep your smile on face. And remember to act. Some netizens were suspicious of our show." His boss takes the mics from staff.

"Yes, boss." He tugs a familiar fake smile and looks into the camera.

"Good." 

While waiting, he looks at the unfamiiar male who standing beside the stage. The male is wearing an expensive suit yet the suit cannot cover his broad shoulder and well-built muscle.

'What is the point of wearing a suit if you need to take them off later?'

He narrows his eyes at the male. The male senses his stare and stares back with a confident grin.

'I hope the confident smile will last until the show ends.'

"Live Countdown. Five, Four, Three, Two, One." He averts his gaze and exhales deeply.

'Showtime.'

" A lovely night for our audience. Welcome to watch our Saturday night show 'Last one standing'. I am your host, Seungri. And this is ......."

He doesn't forget to plaster the fake smile on his face until the camera being switched off, not even when the muscle man loses consciousness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 13 years, ........

He rolls on his bed as he wants to backfacing the person.

He can hear the person's snort and the host's voice from the tv.

"Look at me, kid. " The person demands him.

Reluctantly, he props him up using elbow and glares at the person's tattoo which covering his whole body except face. 

"I said, look at me." 

Forcing himself push his fear away, he stares into the person's eyes with a blank expression.

"Come down to basement after dinner. You need to learn something new." The person leaves after the words without waiting his reply, let him no choice but to follow the order.

“Fei, where are you?" He hears slapping sound outside his room.

He quickly grabs the box hiding under his bed and hids behind his door to wait for silence.

After some profanities and cries, a slamming door sound gives him signal to come out of the hiding place and stands beside the female.

"Noona, are you alright?" He asks Fei although he knows Fei will give him the same answer.

"I am alright, " Fei gives him a grateful smile and takes the box," Go and eat dinner. Tzuyu is waiting for you."

He looks at Fei with a sad puppy eyes.

"It is no use to me," Fei narrows her eyes and pushes him towards the kitchen," Now go."

He unwillingly carries his heavy legs into the kitchen and notices the aforementioned girl standing beside the sink. He notes the girl trembling in fear.

He pulls the girl's sleeves to attract her attention," She will be fine." He pats her back and gives her a comfort smile.

The girl silently nods her head and helps him to sit on the slightly tall chair.

He stabs the food and takes a bite.

He swear he will find a way to protect his noona and dongsaeng from the monster Jay Park.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 13 years, ........

He hids under the shadow, eyeing on the crowd walking pass him.

His stomach is growling soundly. Though, he is waiting a chance. A chance people won't notice his abnormal behaviour.

Now finally there are lesser passer-by along the street. He exposes himself and walks along the street while distances himself from everyone.

After a few minutes, he reaches his apartment. He greets the guard with a nod and presses the lift button.

He walks into the lift after the lift door opens. He is going to press the closing button after he pressed '7' when two people pushes themselves into the lift.

"Lucky!" One of them exclaims while the other presses '10' button.

He leans nearer onto the wall when the person pressing the closing button.

He shifts forward to make more spaces between him and the two men. Staring at the door, he counts internally,' One, two, three, four, five, six, seven......'

He rushes out of the lift as soon as the door opens. He feels relief when he steps out. But he doesn't notice one of the men greeting "See you later" to the other and also stepping out from the lift.

The man walks pass him that their shoulders gently brushes with each other.

He quickly looks down to avoid the man from noticing the two tiny tears rolling down from his eyes. Unfortunately, the man sees it and wears a concerned look.

"Student, are you okay?" The man asks.

"I'm okay. " He replies while storms to his apartment door.

The man asks the same question again when he keys in the passwords.

"Mind your own business." He slams the door hardly after the words. 

He plops down, leaning on the door. He wipes his tear harshly.

"Stop crying!" He slaps himself on his cheek. Though, his disobedient tears continue to stream down. He hugs his knees nearer to his torso and buries his head between the knees.

His right hand reaches inside his bag and pulls out a chocolate bar. He takes a bite and mumbles,"Why i can't stop crying?"

He bumps his head gently on the door and peers at the little yellow sun peeking over the horizon through his window.

He wishes he can forever hide under the shadow, where no one can notice his presence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 13 years, ........

"See you again, Dr. Kim." He waves his free hand.

"Please don't. And i told you to call me Namjoon." Namjoon cries out. 

"Sorry, Namjoon hyung," He smiles apologetically and pulls the leash with his occupied hand," Let's go home, boy."

He walks out of the store. leaving a mess behind while shifts the groceries bag to his free hand.

He hears some people giggling behind him. He smiles broadly, glad that he doesn't regret to wear the clothes.

He places his hand on his chest to draw the patterns on his shirt. Meanwhile, his boy brings him to somewhere not road towards home.

He exhales a sigh," Guess we need a walk in the park again."

He follows the lead of his boy trustworthy and sits down on the bench when his boy stops.

He inhales cold air and the smell of withered leaves," You really likes the park, aren't you?"

He receives a nudge as a reply.

He chuckles softly and closes his eyes.

He hears breeze blowing the leaves down the trees and buzzing sound of the lampposts.

He extends his hand to ruffle his boy's hairs.

"I like it too. It is always comfortable here."  

He wants to enjoy this moment everyday, even though he already spent most of the time in the park in the past few years.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 13 years, ........

"Is the dinner ready?"

"Not yet, hyung!" He is busy stirring the soup.

"Quick! I am starving."

"Patience is virtue, V."

"Yaya, Mino hyung," V rolls his eyes and peers at the tv which is aring a chicken advertisement," Chicken! Can we have it for supper?"

"Who is going to pay?" MIno raises one eyebrow.

"Emm....let's make a bet."

"Okay, bet who will win in the show." Mino points at the tv.

"I choose......"

He neglects the bickering and focuses on the soup. He scoops the soup using a ladle and drinks it. 

'Hmm......taste good.'

He switches off the stove and shifts the pot onto the dining table.

"Dinner is ready." He shoutes.

Soon, they sits around the table, enjoying the dinner.

"I really can't live without you." V suddenly comments after he takes a sip of the soup.

"Don't talk while eating." Mino spits.

"Zico hyung, where are L hyung?" He asks the new arrived person, ignoring the Tom and Jerry.

"He is still with boss," He hands over a bowl of rice to Zico who mumbles a small thanks," We may have operation after midnight."

He stuns at the words.

"Do i need to go with you?" He asks cautiously.

"I......" Zico startles at the slamming door sound. He turns and sees L storming towards them.

"We are going to have operation after midnight. And boss need you to come along with us." L points at him.

Fear and anxiety suddenly occupies his mind.

"What? I am going to talk to boss." Zico smacks his chopsticks on the table and shoots to his feet.

"No, Zico hyung. You will make the situation worse." Mino wraps his arms around Zico.

"It is third time for this month." Zico argues.

"Sorry, Zico. This operation is very important that we need the kid." L says showing no emotion.

"Sorry kid." V pats his back.

"Never mind, hyung. Guess we can't help it." He shows a thankful yet sad smile to V.

He closes his eyes, wanting to stop imagining the scary event he may encounter after midnight.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 13 years, ........

"I need to go back now." He stands up and gives the bills to the female waiter.

"See you next time, grandpa." The waiter bows.

"See you next time, Caolu. And says bye to Zhoumi for me." He waves goodbye and lifts his hat.

On his way back, he stops at the convenience store to buy some snacks.

"Welcome. Oh, it's you, grandpa." The employee greets him.

"Hi, Jaebum. Where is Junhyung?" 

"He is not working today. Busy for his coming performance."

"You are not performing with him?"

"Oww, i prefer a rest next week. Feeling too tired recently."

"Young man, ain't you should be more energetic than me?" He jokes.

"Grandpa, no one is more energetic than you," Jaebum pouts his lips," The neighbourhood know you very well that you practice wushu every evening."

"Haha just kidding." Both of them laughs together.

"Grandpa, you are going to buy same snacks?" Jaebum asks.

"Yes......" His reply is interrupted by Jaebum who coming out of the counter.

"Let's me help you." Jaebum grabs a backet and puts his favourite snacks into it.

"I thought you just said that i am more energetic." He jokes again, eyeing Jaebum walking around the store.

"I am tired of standing in the counter. I need a short walk." Jaebum pouts again and places the full basket on the counter.

He smiles without saying any word, watching the boy scan the snacks and then put the snacks into plastic bag.

"How much is it?" He rummages in his wallet.

"It is free." Jaebum hands the plastic bag to him.

"B-but..." He stutters.

"It's okay, grandpa. It's a thank you gift from me and Junhyung hyung," Jaebum gently pushes his wallet," We want to thanks for your companion with us. You know work is always boring." Jaebum looks around and continues," We glad that you always stop by even you have no intend to buy anything."

"B-but your boss...."

"No but, grandpa. Now go back and rest." Jaebum shoos him away and closes the glass door in front of him.

He shakes his head and backfaces the door. He looks at the countless star above him and pouts.

He do feels a little happy but he still feels uncomfortable beside the boy when he calls him Jaebum.........without a hyung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 13 years, ........

He is lying on the ground. All he can see is darkness, except the little brightness reflecting from the moon crawls from the metal bars to his palm. He feels the small stones under him, poking his back to stimulate little pain. But the pain he is feeling now is incomparable to what the people had done to him.

He hears someone walking down the hallway, splashing puddles of water on the ground.

He props up and wobbles near the metal bars.

A familiar person pops up and hands him some bread.

"Hey, how are you today?"

"Hi. Still pain, Minki." He chews the bread slowly.

"Here," Minki hands him a bottle of medicine," Remember to rinse it with clean water before you apply it. You still have clean water?"

"Yes, I still have a big bottle of water." He answers.

"Tomorrow morning i will bring more bottles to you."

"Thanks Minki. You acts like my big brother." He jokes with a sad smile.

"Hey, i am still one month younger than you." Minki protests.

"Yaya." He gives a perfunctory nod.

Minki punches him playfully on his uninjured shoulder. 

They smiles at each other for a few minutes.

"You need to go now." He tells him.

"You are right. See you tomorrow."

"See you."

But Minki just stops there and looks at the hallway. As it is dark, he cannot read the expression of his friend.

"Minki, what happen....."

"Ren, i told you not to meet with this demon." A man wearing priest clothes appear under the moonlight.

He widens his eyes.

"F...father, I....." Minki steps back a little and stutters.

"How dare you? Next month you are going to be a new priest. Meeting with this evil creature," He flinches as he hears how the priest calling him," will mess up your reputation. You will bring shame to our family. "

"B-but Father, he is m-my friend. I can't....."

"He is not your friend. He is not a human. He is a demon who possesses evil power."

"No Father. He is a human...." Minki earns a slap on his cheek.

"Ren, you are going to be locked up in your room until next month. "  The man drags Minki away.

He opens his mouth but no words coming out of it.

"M-Min......ki...." His voice fades away when both of them disappears from his sight.

A wave of fury suddenly sweeps over him. He releases it by throwing his fists on the metal bars.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!" 

After the outburst, he slumps down on the ground.

He glares at the moonlight through the window.

A tear down.

He hates the man. He hates the people who hates him. But he hates himself more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 13 years, ........

He slipped over by his sweat just now. Rubbing his elbow, he gets up and decides to grab a mop from the janitor closet.

He drapes a towel over his shoulder to wipe his sweats. After that, he ties the towel around his necks and starts to mop the floor.

As he have paused the music, he can hears his classmates chatting loudly outside the room, apparently they finished watching the famous tv show.

'Don't come in. Don't disturb me. Let me alone.' He prays internally.

Unluckily, three males barge into the room. 

"Hi, can we come in?" A male asks him politely.

'Shouldn't you ask the question before you come in?' He rolls his eyes internally.

However, out of courtesy, he nods and continues his mopping.

Three of them walks towards the sound system and plugs the cable into their handphone.

"Sorry, since you are cleaning, can we listen to our music first?"

He looks at their image reflecting on the mirror. He turns to face them.

"Sure."

He puts back the mop into the closet after cleans it. He looks around the room, noticing they are sitting beside the mirror. He stares at them and their reflecting images.

'Fake!'

He decides to call it a day and shoves his belonging into his bag. One of the males gives him an apologetic smile and he shrugs.

He closes the door behind him and leans on it.

He shakes his head to throw away the image of facial expression plastering on the three males' face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 13 years, ........

He glares at the music sheet as if the musical symbol had did something wrong. He lets out an exasperated sigh and brushes his bangs away from pricking his eyes.

He tries again to strum the guitar strings. Something is wrong. He continues to glare at the symbols, hoping them to tell him the solution to the problem he facing now.

He decides to look for the forgotten guide book to guitar. He rummages his unorganized bookshelves, the messy table and unmade bed. And he finds his book under his pillow.

He flips the book to look for the solution.

Then, he realizes that his guitar needs a tuner.

Flustrating, he gently puts the guitar into the guitar case and zips off the case.

He stretches his body back and forth, standing up to look for his dongsaeng.

Walking into the living room, he finds his dongsaeng is sleeping on the couch, leaving the tv on.

He plops down beside his dongsaeng on the couch, making a mental note to nag his dongsaeng later.

He grabs the remote control, switching channel to channel until he stops at an anime channel.

"Wow!" He exclaims and slaps his hand over his mouth. He takes a glance at his dongsaeng.

"Why should I afraid to wake him up since he still can sleep under this noisy circumstance?" He mumbles.

He sings along the anime theme song loudly. He has no one to scream at him for making loud noise.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 13 years, ........

"Doors are closing." He hears the familiar electronic female voice.

He feels a vibration in his pocket. He snaps his phone out and reads the time.

'9 pm......Who will send me a message at this kind of time?'

He flips his phone screen and reads the new Line message.

"I have something to tell you." Girlfriend.

"Ohh...Should we meet up tomorrow morning? :)" He. 

"No, i want to tell you here." Girlfriend.

"Okay, what is it? ('o')" He.

"Let's break up." Girlfriend.

He furrows on the words.

"What......Why?" He.

"I am tired of this one-sided relationship." Girlfriend.

"I am so sorry. But i will try harder please." He.

"Sorry. I am really tired now." Girlfriend.

"..........I thought you understand my situation." He.

"I understood it but now i don't know anymore." Girlfriend.

"Okay. Still friends? :)" He.

"I don't know. I need some time." Girlfriend.

"Okay, see you in class on Monday?" He.

"Okay." Girlfriend.

He stares on the wallpaper which is the photo they took when they was having first date. He expects some tears but none of it.

He huffs and walks out from the silent platform.

He decides to buy beers in the midway.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 13 years, ........

He jerks up from his lying position, consequently jerking his hyung in shock too.

"What happened?" His hyung turns down the tv.

He wipes the sweats on his forehead and pants heavily.

"I dreamt again."

"Wait, let me grab my notebook and pen."

He takes a glance on the clock and plops back down on the couch. His hyung comes back with a notebook and pen on his hand.

"Go on!"

He describes what he saw in his dream. The piano, walkie talkie, camera, tattoos, chocolate bar, furs, soup, hat, bread, mirror, guitar and phone.

"It starts before 6pm and ends at 9:17pm," He comments, "In the last one I saw his phone showing 9pm."

"Emm....this supports our theory of your dream." His hyung closes his book," Your dream is clearer than before. Is that because it is nearer to the date?"

"I think so."

"But we can't go out of the boundary. How should we tell them the truth?"

"I don't know, hyung," He stares at the ceiling," I don't know....."

They stay silent, wondering if they can change the future.

'Son, you must break the spell.' 

A memory flashes in his mind.

He closes his eyes, allowing himself drift off to sleep again.

 

 


Long chapter~~ And i want to tell you that i am a free thinker. I don't know much about religion so sorry if i make any mistake.

Most of the cameos follows their real age except some of those who are in higher or authorative position.......

Here is a question for you. Can you tell me kpop members who learnt b-boy? (Minghao, Junhyung and Jaebum excluded)

See ya~~~~

P.S. edit a little as i changed the message' see you tomorrow in class.' to ' see you in class on Monday.'.......Why i forgot that it was Saturday in this chapter........