The Bright Star in my Life

The Bright Star In My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following morning was yet again a surprise. I woke up to the sight of Christmas lights hanging throughout the walls and the smell of freshly baked gingerbread cookies flowing in the air. I felt really warm and cozy, which brought a smile to my face. How.. did I end up here again? I got out of bed and felt the warm carpet rub against my feet, I stood up and realized something was off. Somehow, my outfit was changed from what I had on last night. I now had on a large sweatshirt and my pajama pants. But this sweatshirt.. it was too large to be mine. After staring at myself in the mirror, a sweet smell arose from the shirt and I instantly knew; it was the same one Chanyeol had on yesterday. Why was I wearing his? Filled with curiosity, I quickly went downstairs and jumped at what was awaiting me. It was a big tree already standing in place right in front of the stairs. Carefully, I poked my head out to the side of the tree hoping someone would see me and move this beauty. I noticed the older grabbing two mugs from the upper cabinet and pouring coffee into them.

"Hyun!" I called out, hoping to get the other's attention. Chanyeol's ears rose when he heard my voice, looking side to side, he notices me and instantly flashed a bright smile. "Soo! Sorry about that, I didn't know where to place the tree so I sort of just left it there." Still covered by the giant tree, I yelled out, "Place it in front of the door for now."

Stepping back from the tree (up a few steps) I watched it suddenly move out of the way and was now placed where I suggested. Turning to me, the taller smiled, "Good morning! That sweatshirt looks better on you than on me!" I looked down, completely forgetting that I had it on and blushed,

"Oh.. I noticed. Why do I have it on?"

The other stood for a second before laughing out loud, "Do you not remember? Don't tell me you were secretly drunk or something." I nodded in disagreement and told him I didn't remember. "I'll tell you. I made you coffee, drink that first before it gets cold. Then I'll tell you." the other said while pointing to the kitchen and showing off a smirk on his face. I stared at him for a second and questioned what that smirk could be from, then followed him into the kitchen and took a seat at the counter bar. He handed me my mug and pulled out a bag of cookies from a shopping bag that he had brought last night and opened it. He took out a single one before stuffing it in his mouth and gave me the package. Now standing on the other side of the counter, I watched as the older took a sip from his mug before speaking up.

"Well not much happened really. We began to watch the newest episode of your drama and you ended up falling asleep on me. I was actually into it so I watched the entire hour of it and I tried waking you up but you were like a dead rock. So! I carried you up into your room and you were somewhat awake when I laid you down on your bed. I told you to change into something more comfortable and while I was brushing my teeth, you changed into those pajama pants. When I was done, I went to check on you and with your eyes close, half asleep, you told me that you wanted my sweatshirt. And so I gave it to you, you put it on, and fell asleep. You were mumbling and I didn't clearly hear what you said but I understood "next", "room", "sleep", and "guest" and I assumed you told me to stay in your guest room. And yeah that was pretty much it."

I was shocked at his statements.. I don't remember any of this happening, other than the part when we were watching the drama. "Oh.." I whispered to the older, "Well, do you want your sweatshirt back? I mean, obviously you do but I mean right now? I can go get changed If you-"

"No." Interrupted the older. Surprised at the sudden reaction, I looked up to him with widened eyes. He stuffed his mouth with another cookie before speaking again. "I mean.. no it's okay, Like I said, it looks better on you and you seem to like it. Consider it a gift from me. Keep it." I smiled and began to blush before bowing a thank you. "Oh, thank you for the coffee! It was really good and sweet." I said, trying to change the topic. He chuckled and smiled at the compliment, then took our empty mugs and placed them in the now empty dishwasher. Afterwards, I put away the bagged food into the cabinets while the other cleaned the counter and stored away the bags. "So then!" He spoke up. I hummed in question and took a glimpse of him working. "What will we do today? It's Christmas Eve" he continued. I finished what I was doing then looked out the window. "I don't really know." I answered, "It's snowing outside and we still need to find a spot for the tree and decorate it. What do you want to do?"

"Well.. let's do that then. We'll go out and buy the star that will go on top of the tree and then we'll go out to eat then come back and decorate the tree. How does that sound?" I thought about his suggestion and nodded. The taller smiled and told me to meet him downstairs in twenty minutes.

As soon as I went up to my room, I shut the door behind me and jumped on my bed, letting out a heavy sigh. He really gave me his sweatshirt.. I would have given it back to him but he insisted on me having it. I don't know if it was his sweet coffee or me being drunk internally but, I actually wanted to keep it. His wonderful smell implanted onto it with his sleeves being longer than my arms, it was as if I was hugging him in person. I got up and carefully took off the sweatshirt before folding it, placing it aside, and went into the shower.

Twenty minutes has passed and I walk downstairs to wait for the other. I decided to wear the taller's sweatshirt today.. I don't know why, I really liked it and it kept me extremely warm. With my knitted black beanie with a nice fluff ball on the tip in my hand, I looked at the tree with pure excitement. I just can't wait to decorate this beauty. A short while, I heard a deep voice call out for me as he walked down the stairs. "Soo-ah! You ready?" I looked back and saw a tall, slim figure with a white collar shirt and a long black trench coat on top and with a heavy grey knitted scarf in his hand. The way the taller had his flaming hair styled completed the look.. it was absolutely breathtaking. "I uh.. yes. Yes I'm ready" I mumbled, not taking my eyes off of him. The older smiled in surprise at my outfit and gave me a thumbs up before moving the tree back to where it was in the morning. I waited for the other to leave the house before locking the door and start walking down the snowing street with Chanyeol.

........

....

..

"Hyun, the streets are very packed today." I tried saying to the other but paid more attention trying not to bump into passing people. Chanyeol laughed and responded, "It's the day before Christmas! Of course the streets will be packed. Business are full in business and stores are packed for people who are extremely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter