The Room Filled with Sweets

The Bright Star In My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After finding a parking spot outside of the supermarket, the taller and I made our way to the entrance before picking up a shopping cart. With no rush, we strolled through each and every aisle picking up items as we were going. "Kyungsoo-ah, get whatever you need and want. Don't worry about the rest" The taller said while flashing his white jewels at me. I smiled and nodded, the way his lips curved with one side higher than the other always makes my heart flutter- his smile is always sincere and full of life.

After an hour of strolling around and standing as the taller reached out for items on top shelves, we were now in the car driving home.

"Hyun.." I whispered to the driver.

"Hmmn?" He responded, taking short glimpses at me.

"How is it.. that we were here to buy a few items but we're going home with nearly $85 worth of food? Most of that was a bunch of junk food and sugars that you wanted"

"This.. is why I don't go shopping.. I need my sweets and sometimes I go overboard." Responded the taller as he was laughing. Like a child with his parents, he begged to me to let him buy a few sweets. Of course I said yes at first, but once we were about to pay , I realized the entire shopping cart was filled with sugary foods like chocolate syrup, marshmallows, chips, candies, cookies, and so on.

"I never knew how much sugar you actually consumed. Now looking back at how you are at school with your snacks and all, I wonder what your house and future diet looks like!"

"Hmmn, well it looks like any other house. Except more like the Gingerbread Man's house. Plus I don't eat all of this at one time.. just a few snacks here and there everyday."

"You'll be here until New Year's! Do you really eat this many snacks in a week? That.. is the clear vision of diabetes."

Looking over at me, the taller ruffled my hair and let out a laugh. After poking my nose he responded, "Well maybe not all of this in a week but then that means I'll have to keep coming over until I do finish them all." My face blushed at his words and action which made my mind go blank. The rest of the ride home was spent in silence; listening to The TRAX and other idol groups, after a short while, we were finally home. Grabbing a few bags at a time, the taller and I managed to bring everything in after a few trips back and forth before landing on the couch in exhaustion. "Well then.." I spoke to the other, "Let's start cooking!"

Once in the kitchen, I set the pans on the stove, put a bit of oil on them, and left them to warm up. Chanyeol (Chef Chanyeol as he was calling himself) helped by unpackaging the food and set it on the countertop: bacon, eggs, sausage, and peeled potatoes were all set and ready to cook.

"Chanyeol" I called out.

"Ah! It's Chef Chanyeol!" He responded with his face turned to the side and his eyes pointed at me, proud at the nickname he gave himself.

"Pfft, how can I call you that if you can't cook?"

"I can too! Didn't you see me peel those potatoes and scramble those eggs? I deserve that name"

"Yeah yeah whatever." I said while laughing out loud, "that isn't considered cooking. "

The taller looked with a displeased face, "Then I won't answer you." he said as he turned his face and looked away. I stood there and stared at the red headed boy and noticed the few times when he sort of looked behind at me and quickly put his attention forward again. I couldn't help but burst out laughing at his adorable actions.

"Fine.. Chef Chanyeol." I called out to him, hoping to snap him out of his actions. He instantly turned back around and showed off his ears when he smiled, pleased with my words.

"Yessss ?" He loudly asked.

Disbelieved with his actions, I stared and smiled before speaking, "Aiish you.. ya the oil is burning! Cut the fruit and make the pancake batter, Chanyeol the greatest chef in the whole wide world!" The taller stared at my sudden statement and smiled even more. He nodded and hummed in approval, “yes captain!’

Afterwards, that the oil was starting to boil, I carefully put the bacon in one pan and the sausage in another. Now that they're cooking in a pool of sizzling sounds, I reached over to pick up the mixed eggs and notice the other reading the directions off the pancake mix box. I laughed at the sight and asked, "Ya, have you never made pancake mix?" The 'chef' looked up in surprise and smiled, "Yes! I have! It.. has just been a long while and I can't remember how to."

I poured the mixed eggs into the hot pan and picked up a spatula before continuing, "How could you forget? Haha pour the mix into a bowl and add eggs, milk, and oil. " Looking back at the struggling cook, I saw him getting out the ingredients and looking up at me, waiting for me to continue the directions.

"Are- are you waiting for me to tell you what to do next?" I asked while putting the cooked scrambled eggs into a plate and flip/roll the other two dishes.

"Shhh.. yes. I don't want to make bad food, that would upset me. Tell me what to do." The other responded.

I chuckled to myself, "Wow.. what a chef you are. Well.." I set the utensils down and walked over to the taller. "Let's see." I added as I picked up the box.

"In a bowl, mix one cu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter