The Ice Boy with the Sparkling Eyes

The Bright Star In My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh.. n- no I don't want to interrupt your bonding time. I have to do today's homework and get started on that English essay. Maybe another time" I spoke while giving what feels like the most awkward smile. As soon as I finished my sentence I felt my face turn red when my stomach yelled out its disagreement with my statement.

Both cousins were able to clearly hear it and gave out a laugh. Hearing that both of these beautiful people have the same laugh made my heart flutter, only difference is the deep tone that the taller had. "Well, your stomach tells me you're lying. Sehun wants you to come and I do too. Plus! That essay isn't due for another two days. I know you can write a masterpiece in an hour. Don't say anything else, I win this argument.." While looking down at the tiny, Chanyeol continued, "Let’s go! What do you want? Wait no, there's this new Italian place down the street and I'm taking you both there. Yes, say that I'm selfish but my love for pasta will have me not care for your comments." As Chanyeol was talking, my attention was focused on his jet black hair that was now showing the reflection of the sun. This made his entire figure glow like an angel. How can someone truly be this beautiful? His slim yet tall figure match perfectly with his cherry soft red lips and large yet delicate hands. I never knew why and to this day I still don't, but his long fingers were always my favorite part of him aside from his sparkly eyes that allowed me to see the stars. Not to mention his wonderful white as snow smile. Oh God.. what am I a fangirl? I always hated admitting this, but Chanyeol indeed is a God with his extraordinary looks. I was brought back to reality when I heard someone say my name. Now looking at the two, I realized both of them were waiting for my response.

"I'm sorry.. what?" I quietly said, trying to hide my embarrassment.

"Nothing." Chanyeol replied along with a chuckle, then continued. "That means yes. Let's go before I starve to death!"

I tried hiding my embarrassed face. When Chanyeol turned and pointed to the opposite direction, Sehun grabbed the older's hand and started walking towards the pointed direction. My legs responded faster than my mind when I realized I was now following the two. Sehun looked back at me and grabbed my hand closest to him and pulled me next to him. Now it was Chanyeol on the left, Sehun in the middle, and I was now on the right with all three of us hand in hand. People who walked by us couldn't help but stare at us and smile, thinking that we were a family. Seeing the smiles of teenage females in awe made my heart flutter. I wondered what Chanyeol was thinking. I wanted to look over at him but I didn't have the guts to do so. Sehun felt the awkward silence and started speaking to Yeolie about their personal family matters, asking how he has been and whatnot. Me on the other hand (literally) kept my view on the ground while making sure I wasn't running into people. My mind went blank and all I wanted to do was stay in a dark room where nobody could see my tomato face. After a short while of side listening to the other two's side conversation, we arrived at the newly opened restaurant.

"This is it! Viva Pollo !" Chanyeol proudly said with watering mouth. I looked up to see the place and it's fairly small. Before I could take another second at the building, the taller pulled both Sehun and I into the restaurant . As soon as we stepped into the building we were greeted by a neat smiling older lady. "Hello!" said the worker, "Welcome to Viva Pollo! Table for three?" Nobody responded with words and all three of us simply nodded our response, we were all focused on the different delightful aromas that filled the air. Minutes after being seated, a nice young waiter took our drink orders and returned promptly with them.

"Uncle Chanyeol! I am going to wash my hands. Everything here looks so yummy! If the waiter comes by, order for me yeah? Surprise me Uncle." The tiny one said while looking up at his uncle with the same sparkling eyes I've seen for years. Chanyeol nodded and hummed his response as he got up from the booth seat to let the smaller free to do his wish. He commented, "Okay but if you don't like what I order for you, don't complain or take our food." Hearing Chanyeol say our made the butterflies in my stomach return. I forced myself not to blush at a time like this but I couldn't help it. The younger one laughed and quickly walked away to the washroom. Now it was only us two... alone.

I couldn't dare look into the other's eyes. Not after what happened last night. I wanted to go home and hide in shame but at the same time I'm happy to be here and share a meal with him and his cousin. Words couldn't come out of my mouth and I had a feeling he knew that I felt uncomfortable.

"So Soo.. You weren't at school today. You're okay right? You're not traumatized or something I hope. And.. don't feel uncomfortable being with me. I completely understand what you may be going through but making you feel bad is the very last thing I would ever want to do to you." I looked up and saw his warm sincere wide eyes along with a cherry red smile as he spoke to me. I felt a bit at ease with his words. "Yeah I'm okay, I just ended up waking up late. And.. thank you" I softly responded.

The taller looked confused and asked, widening his eyes, "For what?" I took a small pause before responding. "For taking me home last night. I didn't know I passed out and your messages cleared things up. Also, thank you for the breakfast. It was a little too salty I may say but it was good." Looking at him made my heart feel tight but I seem to enjoy this feeling. He smiled brightly and chuckled a bit, "Yeah sorry about the breakfast, honestly it looked good from afar but I just knew I screwed up somewhere. And don't mention it!" There it is again.. his gorgeous smile that's too amazing to not look at. Stop flashing that at me! "Well I enjoyed it! I posted it on my SNS and people comment saying that it looks yummy and made by a top chef" I laughed after telling him. I then noticed him staring at me, my face just couldn't handle it and like a firework being fired, I instantly felt hot. "I know I saw!" The taller said. "I might as well go pro right? Chef Chanyeol! Sounds great right? I'll be your personal chef, Soo". The thought made him laugh out loud for quite a while and I smiled to myself. Then, the atmosphere quickly changed.

"Listen Soo.." The taller added. The tone of his voice had changed and his face lost the happiness it had just seconds ago.. this made my heart race and my palms sweat. My eyes were widened and my entire attention was focused on his words.

"So.. about the messages I sent to you this morning. I really did mean everything I said. And as I mentioned, it's okay if nothing happens between us. As long as you're here by my side, I'm more than happy. You keep being you and I'll keep being me which means being your fanboy. Why do you think I act this way towards you? It's because I do love you. Sure I do it for laughs and show but I mean what I say. If you find this uncomfortable, just tell me. I'll stop but I don't like seeing you awkward like this. Of course I'll put up with it.. heck, I've put up with more than this and I enjoy doing so. I wanted to get this off of my shoulders for a long time and I don't regret doing so. Maybe the timing was wrong and I apologize but I just want you to be happy, okay?"

The entire time he spoke I felt like passing out again but I knew I couldn't now. My eyes were dead locked with his and I could have sworn my heart skipped a million beats. I didn't respond and all stupid of me did was nod up and down. I felt like crying.. I wasn't hurt or anything, I was just overwhelmed and felt like crying. Words couldn't find their way out of my mouth but the life saver waiter interrupted this dramatic scene. With the same bright smile from before, he asks "Are you all ready to order?" Chanyeol then responds with a smile. "Yes! We are! The tiny one would like Salami Pizza. Soo, what interests you?" Shoot, I didn't have the chance to look at the menu. After quickly flipping through it, I chose the first thing that looked decent enough, "Oh. I would like the Filetto di Manzo e Balsamic please" I quickly responded with an unsure smile. "Great!" added Chanyeol, "We'll have two of those please." The waiter nodded with a smile and collected the menus before walking to the kitchen. No no wait don't leave! I don't want to be alone again! Luckily Chanyeol said, "That boy has taken quite a while hasn't he? I'll go check on him! Don't you leave now haha I don't want to eat two plates of food!" I hummed in agreement and watched as he got up and made his way to the washroom. Goodness.. I heavily sighed in relief and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter