Am I simply Hungry?

The Bright Star In My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hearing the sudden sound of the door knock, I instantly jolted awake and started to panic a bit. Should I not hide my desperateness by making him wait a bit? Or should I immediately answer right now? Aiish why am I over thinking this? After a short waiting period, I rushed over to the door and opened it with complete surprise.

"Hi Soo!" It was a fire red headed boy standing with a smile even whiter than ever (which made his ears pop out even more). Surrounded by boxes and boxes and one large box laying behind him that particularly stood out from the rest.

"Ch- Chanyeol.. your.. hair!" I responded with my full attention on his bright red locks of hair.

"You like it?" The taller asked, ruffling his own hair to show off. "I was in the Christmas spirit and decided to go full red. Looks good doesn't it?"

Still staring at the proud boy I nodded my response and added, "Yeah! It actually does suits you well. I like it."

"Thanks!.. Here, help me carry these boxes inside. Be careful though." The taller said while looking down at dozens of boxes, giving me a better view of the fire boy. "Don't ask" he continued, "I'll show you once we're inside!"

I only smiled at the boxes and started to carefully put boxes on boxes and carried them inside.

"You know, I always forget that it's just you inside this big house. Where can I put them down?"

"Haha, yeah.. Oh! You can put them in front of the staircase" I responded while looking to my side, making sure I don't run into anything. After trips and trips going back and forth, the last box was the large mysterious one that required the both of us to carry inside. Now tired, the taller and I threw ourselves onto the couch and tried to quickly recover our breaths. Staring at the pile of boxes, I looked up at the older and asked what was inside.

"Open the large one first." The taller said, trying to hide his excitement. Looking at his bright cheesy smile and widened eyes, I was a bit skeptical as to what it may be. I reached over to the box cutter and cut the openings. After pulling apart the box foldings, I sat and stared with full surprise at the treasure. "Is.. is this really what it looks like?" I asked the taller who was laying on the couch with both of his eyes on me, waiting for my reaction.

"Ta-da! I knew you never did anything on Christmas because of your parents and I thought I should start getting you into the spirit with a few early holiday gifts. I brought you your very own Christmas tree!" Said the taller, showing more excitement than what me. "Now open the other boxes." He added. I did what was told and opened each gift one by one, unraveling decorations from colorful tree ornaments and garlands to bright lights and red ribbons to hang throughout the house. In one box there was even two stockings with our names on each of them and also a long line of fake snow cotton that would be wrapped around the staircase. Overall it was the perfect items for a true Christmas spirit house.

"I.. I have no idea what to say... The last time I even had a tree was when I was very

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter