Exam Time

Never Would Have Thought We'd Be Together

-So Young’s POV-

 

I found a sit next to the window and sat down. I took out my books and studied for a while.

“Hi,” a girl next to me suddenly said. “You really want to get into this school right?”

I turned my head to look at the girl who was talking to me, “Not really.” ‘Should I tell her about how SHINee wanted me to become their assistant manager? Nah, I better not, since if she was a major fan of them.....’ “I just want to get in, since I heard that if you graduate from this school, you will become really successful.”

“OMG, me too,” the girl said, “I was thinking that you would be like the other girls and guys who want to get into this school, just because there were a lot of popular boy and girl groups here and also other celebrities.”

“Nah, I am not really a big fan of Kpop groups” I said.

“OMG, me too,” she said “My name is Na Young, Lee Na Young. What’s your name?”

“Hi,” I held out my hand, “My name is So Young, Kim So Young”

Na Young also held out her hand, and shook my hand “Let’s be good friends from now on, and I hope that we both pass this exam, so that we can get into the same school,”

“I hope so too,” I said, smiling.

A teacher then came in. “Okay, in 3 minute we will start this exam. Please put everything under your desk, except for an eraser and a pencil, and please turn off any electronics, if there’s any sound of a phone or any other electronic devices, it will be confiscated and you have to go to the main office to retrieve it.”

Everyone including me started to turn off all our electronic devices and moved all our bags and books under our desks. Then the assistant teacher passed out the exam, and told us that we are not allowed to look at the test unless the teachers said to begin.

“And let me remind you this, if you are ever caught cheating, you will never be able to take this exam ever again, and this will go on your permanent record,” the teacher said. “And any sound of talking, looking around, or anything like that are also considered cheating.”

Everyone then began to look really serious.

“Good luck,” Na Young said, smiling.

I smiled back.

 The teacher looked at his watch. “You have 3 hours to finish this exam. Anyone who doesn’t finish in the given time, will be considered not passing, and will have to wait one more year to retake this exam that is if they are still interested in attending this school,” the teacher said. “Now start.”

We all turned our exam to page one and began.

3 hours is a really long time, I bet everyone is able to finish this exam,’ I thought

There were a total of 200 questions, and in the exam, a different section was another subject, English, math, science, and history, a total of 4 sections.

As I passed each questions it got harder and harder.

-2 hours and 45 minutes later-

“You have 15 minutes left to finish the exam” reminded the teacher

‘OMG 2 hours and 45 minutes have already passed, and I still need 5 more questions, this exam is really hard, no wonder S.H. high school is one of the top and most famous school in the world,’  I thought.

There were only 2 minutes left, and I finally finished the last question, question 200. I breathed out and felt a relief.

“Times up, pencils down, teacher please collect all the exam paper,” The teacher said

I looked around and there were several students who got frustrated, hit their head, and some even cried, ‘I am guessing they didn’t finish their exams,’ then I remembered Na Young, the new friend I just made. I quickly looked over at her; she saw me, smiled, waved and gave a thumbs up. I felt another relief and smiled at her.

“We have now collected all the papers, and we will give your result next week on Saturday, please be patient. You can now leave,” the teacher said.

We all got our books and bags and left the exam room.

“So how do you think you did?” asked Na Young.

“I don’t know, I think it was pretty easy but some of the questions were really hard,” I replied.

“Same, but I am pretty confident I am gonna pass this exam,” said Na Young.

I smiled at her. Then I spotted SHINee. “I gotta go now.”

“Oh, okay,” Na Young said. “I am going that way.”

I then started walking toward the direction SHINee was at.

Then Na Young quickly called out “Wait, So Young!!”

I turned around and saw Na Young running toward me.

“Do you have a phone?” asked Na Young.

“Yeah I do,” I replied.

“Can you give me your number?” asked Na Young.

“Okay,” I smiled.

We then exchanged our phones, to insert the number in it.

“Okay, here you go,” Na Young gave me back my phone “I’ll call you when I get the result.”

“Okay.” I smiled and gave back her phone. “Bye”

“Bye,” Na Young said back to me. “Hope we get into the same school”

I smiled and continued walking toward SHINee.