Acquaintance

Friends OR Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After office hours, lisa got a message from jaejoong’s mom inviting her over their house to have a dinner. She didn’t have any second thoughts and just accepted her invitation totally forgetting about her dinner date with yeonghwa. Since she didn’t brought her car this morning, she just rode a taxi to the ranch which was an hour away from the city. When lisa arrived there, she went first to their house to see her mom who was busy cooking some of their favorite dishes that she usually cook before the Kim’s flew to the states.

 

 

 

Lisa hug her mom from behind and kiss her cheek… “Hi mom, sorry i’ve been busy lately and hadn’t get a chance to visit you more often than before.”

 

 

 

“It’s okay sweetheart. I understand that you’ve so many work to do beside no need to worry about me i’m always well here.”

 

 

 

“That’s good then.” She smiled. “Hmm~that’s smell delicious mom.”

 

 

 

“Of course, i specially made it for us and also a small welcome home celebration since jaejoong and her mom is now back here at the ranch.”

 

 

 

“Jaejoong is here also?”

 

 

 

“Yes, you still haven’t meet him? I hear his your new director.”

 

 

 

“Yea i already meet him, what i mean was he’s also here for dinner?”

 

 

 

“Sweetheart what’s happening to you? Of course his here, this is their house where else could he be?” Her mom said while she was currently putting all the cook dishes on a plastic container. “Come on and help me bring this food to the mansion.”

 

 

 

 

Lisa politely complied and headed now with her mom to jaejoong’s house with those cook dishes that her mom had cook of them. When they came at the mansion dining room, they place it on the dining table and help jaejoong’s mom and their maid arrange the plates and cutleries. While they were arranging lisa notice that jaejoong were still not there yet so she went to ask her mom if where he at…

 

 

 

“Auntie, jaejoong haven’t come yet?”

 

 

 

“Oh. No, he’s already here. He said he just need to breath some fresh air so he went to the tree house for a while.”

 

 

 

“He went to the tree house?”

 

 

 

Jaejoong mom nodded… “Yes, actually it was actually an hour ago maybe you should go and call him, quickly. Tell him we’ll going to eat.”

 

 

 

“O-Oh. Okay.” She replied and headed to the tree house.

 

 

 

Jaejoong on the other hand was looking at the pictures posted at the wall of the tree house, his grandfather and lisa’s grandfather, his mom and lisa’s mom and lastly their picture when they were kids until their teenage days. It was sort of covered with some dust since it was not being clean for like years. Some of the toys made in wood were also dusty and some were a bit rusty brown.

 

 

 

He walk to the balcony and sit on the wooden swing, before looking up to the sky watching the stars…

 

 

 

“It’s been a long time.” Jaejoong uttered, with a light smile.

 

 

 

“Yea, it is. It’s been really a long time.”

 

 

 

Jaejoong eyes suddenly widened when he heard lisa’s soft voice behind him. He didn’t budge or say any word and just sit still from where he was. So then lisa walk close behind him and just stare at him like that…

 

 

 

“I have meaning to ask you, have you been well?” Lisa asked softly enough for him to hear.

 

 

 

He stood up and turn to face her… “How about you, have you been well? Hmm?”

 

 

 

Lisa shooked her head as she was about to well up, she walk on the other side near him and seriously look into his eyes… “I’m not. Everyday i wished for you to be here, but seem like i’m not really good on wishing because none of them came true. And now that you’re here only few steps away from me but it feels like you’re still far, i feel like you’re not the jaejoong i know before. I’m not blaming you for changing a lot is just that, i don’t know you at all.”

 

 

 

“Yea you’re right. I’m not that old jaejoong you know, so please don’t remind the old me again.” He retorted.

 

 

 

When jaejoong was about to leave and go back to their house, lisa grab his arm…

 

 

 

“Jaejoong. Am i still your best friend?”

 

 

 

Jaejoong wet his bottom lip… “Best friend? For now i don’t look at you as my best friend, you’re now just my assistant more likely an acquaintance who’ll work for me for my six month contract as your new director. So please be professional every time you’re around me Ms. Jang.” He said and left.

 

 

 

Few minutes when jaejoong left, lisa felt here phone vibrates from her pocket. Checking the screen of her phone, she wipe her tears and hurriedly answer the call. It was from yonghwa, seeing his name on the screen she suddenly remember what they’d panned for tonight which was having a dinner together.

 

 

 

She went down the tree house and immediately made her way back to the mansion… “Yonghwa-a, i’m so sorry. There something came up but don’t worry i’ll be there.”

 

 

 

“Tch. What you forgot our plans tonight?” He said but in a comedic tone. “Yah, i think my girlfriend need a check up since you often forgot some things. I’m afraid i’ll be forgotten also.” He chuckled softly.

 

 

 

“I’m really sorry, don’t worry i’ll be there i just need to settle something first.”

 

 

 

Yonghwa nodded thoughtfully… “Mmm, i understand. I’ll be waiting, okay bye.”

 

 

 

When lisa came back at dining room at jaejoong’s house, all of them were now seating and just waiting for her before they eat since all of the cook dishes including what her mom had cooked were on the dining table, freshly steaming the nice smell of a homey food.

 

 

 

“Oh. come on and let’s eat.” Jaejoong’s mom said as soon she saw her.

 

 

 

Lisa bowed politely… “I’m so sorry auntie, but i honestly forgot that i actually had plans for tonight before this. I know i said i’ll be here with you guys to eat dinner but i made my promise first to this person. Oh~ i’m really sorry.” She bowed again biting her lips.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter