Confession

Friends OR Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lisa left out of words. She stared seriously into his eyes and her heart fell in silence. She couldn’t will her lips to move as if it stuck underwater, everything was slow and warbled. Her mind was blank and eyes wide as she continuously stared at him in complete confusion. Jongsuk eyes desperately searched hers, waiting for her to say anything…

 

“Lisa, are you alright?” He asked her.

 

The silence was became a kind of poison to them, for in that void of sound the shallowness of their conversation was suddenly laid bare…

 

“Jaejoong is adopted?” She finally manage to utter with a light snort of sarcastic laugh.

 

“I guess, i shouldn’t supposed to tell you that huh. I’m really sorry.” Jongsuk apologized. “I thought you knew.”

 

Meanwhile, a sudden presence of Hyunjoo and Mrs. Kim enter the room after arriving back from settling the case of their accident…

 

“Lisa my dear…” Mrs. Kim cooed as she went beside her. “…you’re awake. How are you feeling? I’m sorry we left for a while. Are you feeling okay now?”

 

Hyunjoo came closer as well… “Sis, do you still want to see jaejoong? Don't worry he's okay, but the thing was he’s still in the ICU.”

 

Lisa nodded thoughtfully… “Yea, i already went to see him.” She replied with a bit cold lingering on her voice. “Mom, can i ask you something? Please, please, answer me honestly.”

 

“Okay, what is this all about?” Mrs. Kim asked back, puzzled.

 

“Why didn’t you tell us that jaejoong was adopted?” She asked, making both her and hyunjoo taken aback.

 

As Lisa scanned her mother's face for a reaction the silence hung in the air like the suspended moment before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter