Don't Think Too Much

"Pretending"

"So... What now?" Minhyuk breathed, staring up at Hyungwon with what seemed to be fear, it was the first time Hyungwon saw the expression on the other's face and he couldn't help but think it didn't fit him.

"Now," Hyungwon started, blushing but making no move to let Minhyuk out of his grasp. "Now, I suppose I ask you to be my boyfriend properly, but announcing it like that doesn't really make it special."

"I've never been the type of person to want something super special, as long as you're asking I'll answer," the statement was steady coming from a person who looked so nervous.

Hyungwon took another look at the fear in Minhyuk's eyes before breaking away to scan the store. He could see the cashier on duty making motions and he brought his eyebrows together to try in decipher what they were but it didn't work out too well. The moment ended once Minhyuk turned his head, noticed the single audience member, and pushed himself out of Hyungwon's grasp.

"Sorry, thanks for the... Birthday present? Yeah, you could just say it's a birthday present, I'm not really that hungry anymore so why don't we get you home and we'll part for today." Minhyuk's words came out in one breath and left his mouth faster with every step Hyungwon took. Minhyuk took a peek at the cashier, who busied themselves with organizing the bills once they figured out they were caught. Hyungwon followed suite before paying attention to Minhyuk again.

He was relieved to see that the fear in Minhyuk's eyes left, then became amused when they were replaced by embarrassment. His cheeks were dusted red and he wasn't able to meet Hyungwon's eyes, Hyungwon's anything to be exact, his eyes avoided everything that belonged to the younger.

"Hey Minhyuk," Hyungwon called gently, Minhyuk took a step back but Hyungwon countered the movement, stepping forward to maintain the distance. Looking up after making sure he wouldn't step on Minhyuk's toes he saw that he had the other's attention and it threw him off guard a little, but he maintained his composure to continue what he was trying to say.

"Lee Minhyuk," he said softly, smiling brighter when the color in Minhyuk's cheeks turned darker. "Would you," they took another step together, "be my," Minhyuk tripped over his feet but before he could get too close to the ground, Hyungwon caught him by the arm and held him upright as he finished the question, "boyfriend?"

The doubtful expression returned and Hyungwon waited. Minhyuk looked between his eyes for several seconds, feeling his hand on his bicep, looking up, feeling the stare from the cashier, realizing just how dry his lips were.

He ran his tongue over them once before taking in a sharp breath through his nose, "are you sure?" The question was almost inaudible and it could have taken Hyungwon a single breath at the same time to miss it.

Hyungwon nodded and Minhyuk closed his eyes, counted to three, then opened them again. He took his fingers and pinched his arm, hissing at the feeling. Hyungwon immediately grabbed onto the injured area, looking at Minhyuk like he would a crazy man but with a bit more amusement and concern.

"I was making sure I wasn't dreaming. Are you sure about this because I swear I won't think anything about the kiss, I'll even forget about it, what was I talking about again-?" Minhyuk's second rant was cut off when Hyungwon tightened his hold.

Minhyuk's cheeks were hot from embarrassment and Hyungwon let the hand move up to his shoulder and neck, "You're suddenly thinking more than I am and it's weird." He realized that the words he chose to say weren't the best to say but it was too late to take back and Minhyuk seemed to feel better after hearing it.

"I just don't want to force you into anything." In a very uncharacteristic way, Minhyuk looked down and Hyungwon was the one bringing his chin back up.

"You've been thinking an awful lot tonight, for someone who usually does what he feels like doing." Hyungwon took a step back to allow Minhyuk a breath and a good amount of thinking space. Minhyuk seemed to reach out for a moment and Hyungwon stopped moving.

"What do you want?" Hyungwon asked, telling Minhyuk with his eyes that he doesn't need to think about Hyungwon's feelings and just trust his own. Minhyuk raised his eyebrows one more time in his last chance to make sure Hyungwon didn't want to back out of his question. With a single nod, Minhyuk let out the breath.

"Yes, I'll be your boyfriend."

-

"Do you want to come with me to see my mom tomorrow?" Minhyuk was walking Hyungwon back up to his apartment, they were making their way down the hall when Minhyuk asked.

"Are you meeting her for your birthday?" Hyungwon asked back and when Minhyuk nodded he politely declined. Taking his keys out from his pocket once his apartment door was in view.

"What? Why not?" Minhyuk quickened his pace and blocked the entrance before Hyungwon had the chance to realize he wasn't really given an option.

"It's for you and your mom, it should be a day you two spend alone, she doesn't even know me."

"She knows you," Minhyuk stated idly, "Not, personally but she knows you're my coworker."

"I don't think that's enough information to be having a meal with her," Hyungwon laughed and tried to get to his door but Minhyuk promptly stood in front of the lock.

"So what I hear is, you're going with me tomorrow to eat lunch with my mom?" Hyungwon shook his head, a smile playing at his lips.

"I didn't say anything like that," Hyungwon tried to move him to the side so Minhyuk pushed his hips to resist. Laughing, Hyungwon poked at Minhyuk's sides and pressed his hand onto the knob to avoid another blockage.

"Great see you tomorrow-" Hyungwon closed the door, laughing to himself at last thing he saw of Minhyuk's expression. He pressed his ear to the door and there was a gentle knock drowned out by the sound of the doorknob wiggling to open. Hyungwon held it still until there was almost no sound. There was the slight hum of the lights being powered and Hyungwon moved to crack the door open and check.

He saw the dark orange patterned walls and dark blue carpet, no sign of Minhyuk. He opened the door wider to stick his head out and suddenly an arm came in view to push the door open and keep it there. Minhyuk stood, in front of Hyungwon in the advantage of keeping the door open with his foot and supporting himself with the doorframe.

"See you tomorrow," Minhyuk grinned and leaned forward to place a small peck on Hyungwon's cheek before reeling back and running down the hallway. Hyungwon surged forward and fell to the floor to avoid bringing the door down on his face. At the end of the hall, he saw the last of Minhyuk's clothing turning the corner.

The next morning Hyungwon opened the door to a brightly smiling Minhyuk who frowned once he saw the other's attire. "Why aren't you dressed?"

"What do you mean?" Hyungwon wiped the sleep from his eyes and blinked to see Minhyuk more closely. He was wearing a casual outfit, his navy blue shirt was a few sizes too big and ended around mid-thigh where light blue denim jeans continued the way down his body till his green shoes.

"Meeting my mom today, remember?" Hyungwon sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"Do I really have to go? I thought I was given an option..." He rubbed his eyes again before opening the door so Minhyuk could wait as he got ready.

Hyungwon was left alone for the first part, brushing his teeth lazily then dunking his head under the running water once he was done. He was drying his head with a towel when Minhyuk came into his room to tell him to hurry up.

"You're such lady you look fine, get changed and let's go." He pulled on the arm that was attached to a whining male. "At times like these, I remember you're younger than me." Minhyuk sat him down on the bed and opened his drawers to pick out some clothes.

"Whatever happened to not wanting to force me into doing things I don't want to do?" Hyungwon found himself muttering. Minhyuk froze at the words and turned around with a worried expression.

"Do you really not want to go? I mean I could leave now, sorry if you didn't-"

Figuring out that Minhyuk really did want to bring him and feeling a bit bad for making Minhyuk so worried, he put effort into moving and nudged Minhyuk out the door, telling him to bring the car to the front and he would be down by then.

As he walked out he watched several cars honk at Minhyuk's parked one and he waved to them in apology while knocking on the window so Minhyuk could let him in. He didn't comment about how relieved Minhyuk was when he opened the door.

-

"This is Hyungwon," Minhyuk gestured to the person standing across from him and his mother. He chose to wear a white shirt and black pants held up with a matching black belt, his shoes were the fanciest, coming to a smooth point where his toes were.

"Oh~," the sweet lady cooed extending her hand forward for a shake. Hyungwon took it gently with both hands, turning pink when she giggled at the action. "A gentleman." She pulled her hand away and Hyungwon brought one of his to the back of his head smoothening the hair there.

"It's very nice to meet you, Ma'am." Hyungwon out on a nervous smile.

"And you as well, though, you were the one that stole Minhyukie from me on his actual birthday." when Hyungwon's smile dropped and he showed signs of an apology she laughed and shook her head. "I'm just kidding, Hyungwon. He's a worrier isn't he?" She looked to her son who only nodded, Hyungwon willed the redness in his face to lessen at least a bit.

"I think it's good, though, I need someone to worry after Minhyuk. He's always doing things on a whim." Hyungwon found himself agreeing to the statement but choking on his spit at her next question, "So what is it that you like about my Minhyukie?"

"Mom~" the son whined from her side. She shushed him with a frown but smiled at Hyungwon as she continued to wait for an answer.

"Uh..." Hyungwon started, clearing his throat out if nervousness. "He's stubborn and loud and never plans things ahead of time but he understands me pretty well..." Both boys flushed as the woman encouraged him to continue. "He's helped me a lot, he's really nice and..." He moved his hands in a circular motion, trying to find more to say, "He makes me happy." He looked down at the floor with red up to his ears.

When he looked up again Minhyuk's mother was one step closer and reaching out to pat his cheeks, he rolled his lips together and smiled when she did. She patted them twice before moving away directing a question to Minhyuk, "Shall we go eat?"

The restaurant was fancier than Hyungwon had expected. There were several people in black vests and white polo's, walking skillfully down the isles of people who sat talking and eating together with smiles. Minhyuk had made him call for a spot while they were in the car so they were seated immediately.

Hyungwon tried to avoid the stares of Minhyuk's mother so he could focus on the names and what was in the meals. "Is there something on my face, Ma'am?" She shook her head with a smile but made no move to stop her staring. Hyungwon looked to Minhyuk but the male was nose deep in the menu. He heard a content sigh coming from the woman across from him as she finally decided to look at the menu.

"Hello, today I'll be your waiter - Oh hey." Hyungwon's head snapped up at the greeting and Minhyuk slowly brought his eyes to their waiter. Blond hair was gelled back and a sweet smile rested on the familiar face.

Hyungwon managed a small wave, hand barely peeking up from the table. He looked to Minhyuk, waiting for eye contact to be made but Minhyuk had returned his eyes to the menu, scanning it over one more time before facing their waiter again, refusing to look at Hyungwon.

"Well, my name is Hoseok and I'll be your waiter for tonight. Are you ready to order or do you think you need more time?"

"I think we will need more time," Minhyuk's mother said from her seat. She held the sweet smile on her face and Hoseok had returned it eagerly.

"I see, are there any other drinks you want to order while I'm here?" Hyungwon stared at the table and shook his head. Minhyuk shook his head as well.

Feeling something off with the boys. Minhyuk's mom brought her lips to one side of her face then bluntly asked, "Do you all know each other?"

Hoseok laughed nervously and Hyungwon flinched, gripping his knees from underneath the table. "Hyungwon and I used to see each other, Ma'am." she pursed her lips in understanding but her questions didn't stop. "Why did you two break up?" Minhyuk voiced his complaint.

"Mom~ that's none of your business." Hyungwon would have added a comment to Minhyuk's words but Hoseok took the liberty to answer the question.

"Haha, well we weren't really right for each other. We both liked other people anyway." Hoseok didn't miss the way Hyungwon twitched at the words. "I'm happy, though, and I think Minhyuk is a great match for Hyungwon, they fit each other. Congratulations on your relationship, by the way." He touched Minhyuk's shoulder in a comforting matter and Minhyuk simply nodded at the action. Excusing himself with one more smile, he finally left and Hyungwon could bring his head up for air.

He grabbed his cup and took lengthy gulps to bring the temperature of the room back down to something more bearable. Minhyuk offered him his own cup when Hyungwon was finished with his.

"Don't drink too much Honey, you might not be able to eat." Hyungwon wasn't planning on eating much in the first place but he took one more sip through the straw before putting the cup down. Spotting Hoseok talking to another table with the same smile, Hyungwon wondered how he knew about Minhyuk and him.

As he relaxed back in his chair he felt Minhyuk's hand and simply laid it on top, fingers gently resting and crossing with the other's. Everything with Minhyuk was always easy. Calming his emotions was easier, smiling was easier, laughing was easier, but getting scared was also easier. Hyungwon stared at the menu, there was a plate with a lot of beef on it and he was sure he would like it, he was just pretending to look for something else as he thought.

He felt the fear return to his mind then remembered Minhyuk's expression the night before. Why had it been so easy to lean in and kiss Minhyuk? They'd been dating for less than twenty-four hours and Hyungwon could easily find himself kissing Minhyuk if he felt the urge, or if Minhyuk asked him to again. Hyungwon found it easy to take comfort in Minhyuk, the blond was always there. He was scared that if he slipped the slightest then Minhyuk would leave, he already had so many reasons.

Hyungwon was always thinking about those reasons.

He felt a squeeze on his hand and he realized he'd moved his to lace his fingers with Minhyuk and he'd been holding it like he was already begging Minhyuk to stay. There was a small exchange of smiles and Hoseok came back to take their orders.

The meal was spent answering questions about the food and Hyungwon, there were a few stories about when Minhyuk was a baby, "He was always collecting things, I'm sure he still has all his action figures. He used to yell around the whole house, acting like they were talking to him and attacking other oh!" She shook her head like she was still looking at her young baby. "He was so cute then."

"Hey!" Minhyuk whined, pouting.

"Of course you're still cute now, you'll always be cute." She reached over the table and pinched his cheeks, making him flinch away. "You were just so chubby then, chubby and small and never spoke back to your mother." She shook her finger at the last part and Hyungwon laughed.

They were done with their meal, Minhyuk had gone to use the restroom and left Hyungwon to answer more of the woman's endless questions.

"Are you close with your mother?" She smiled at him, taking a sip of her drink after asking. Hyungwon returned her smile and shook his head. She frowned and set the cup down. "That's no good, you should have a good relationship with the woman that brought you into the world." Hyungwon laughed at the statement softly.

"Ma'am, my mother gave me to an orphanage home. The only woman that adopted me left me somewhere and never came back." Her frown deepened and for the first time that night, she apologized for asking a question. Hyungwon shook his head and held his hand up.

"I never minded, it's not as bad as you think. The first person to adopt me was a man who died from drunk driving, he was drunk all the time. The second one left me with my friend and never came back, she was gone most of the time as well, never gave me a chance to get close."

"How old are you?"

"I'm twenty-two Ma'am."

"You're very different to Minhyuk's old boyfriend," Hyungwon raised his brows at the statement. "He was older, for one thing, and he never looked scared of hurting my Minhyuk. The way he spoke was very strong, not hesitant like you." Hyungwon stayed silent. "He was very dominant, at first I thought it was good for Minhyuk, he's a free will, I'm sure you know." Hyungwon nodded.

"But Minhyuk did everything for him, whatever the other wanted he would do it, I'm sure if he was told to jump off a building he would." Hyungwon's eyes widened. Minhyuk said he never had any bad mental scars.

"Then one day he told Minhyuk that he didn't want to be together anymore. Do you want to know what Minhyuk did?" Hyungwon nodded slowly.

"Nothing, he didn't cry, didn't complain, he never spoke to the guy ever again. Kind of like he forgot about him." Hyungwon was going to ask more, if he changed in any way, what happens when the guy is brought up, but the topic of their conversation came back, holding a receipt in his hands and whistling.

"Mom is there anywhere else you want to go? Do you want me to drop you off at home?" He helped her up and she swatted his hand away.

"Stop making me look old in front of cute young gentlemen. I'm only forty-eight. Your sibling will pick me up, he's probably waiting outside. I'll be off then, she hugged her son and they all walked out together. Hyungwon shook Minhyuk's younger brother's hand the same way he shook the hand of their mother and watched as Minhyuk made small talk with his sibling.

It was a sweet moment and Hyungwon was so engrossed by watching the two that he hadn't noticed Mrs. Lee walk up to him.

"Yes?" He asked, leaning down to press his ear against the other end of the cup she made with her hands.

"Promise me you'll talk to him about it," she whispered. He blinked and looked at Minhyuk with a worried expression. "Promise me," she repeated.

"Okay," Hyungwon affirmed, looking back at her and straightening his spine, he got a sweet smile and returned it before she was walking towards the car where Minhyuk held the door open. The two waved them off together until they were out of sight.

"I am so sorry about all her questions, what did she ask you when I was gone?"

"She asked me about my past and how old I was. I don't mind too much, very used to it. You two are very similar. It was funny when you told her Hoseok and my relationship was none of her business."

"It wasn't!"

"But it was yours?"

"Of course, if I'm going to be with someone I should know what they've gone through." Minhyuk shrugged it off.

"I don't know what you've gone through." Hyungwon's first attempt at fulfilling his promise failed at Minhyuk's reply.

"I haven't gone through anything tragic, nothing to share." Hyungwon bit his lip and didn't ask further. Minhyuk looked so happy and what kind of boyfriend would he be if he wanted to bring up a bad memory in the midst of happiness?

"You're thinking about something. I see it on your face." He felt fingers apply pressure to the center of his forehead and he covered the spot when they retreated.

"Nothing we can't talk about later."

"Let's talk about it now," Minhyuk suggested innocently. Hyungwon smiled and asked a different question.

"Why is everything so easy when I'm with you?" He reached for the elder's hand, Minhyuk met him halfway and smiled brighter.

"Easy how?" Minhyuk took Hyungwon's other hand and began to walk backward. Hyungwon steered him so he wouldn't bump into anything.

"Easy as in I can do anything." Hyungwon laughed, squeezing Minhyuk's hand and pulling him to his right to avoid a pole.

"Because I don't let you overthink things. I won't let you overthink things." Minhyuk confirmed Hyungwon nodded. In the moment of the silence, he noticed Minhyuk looking into the distance, "Okay your turn, what's on your mind?"

"I feel like I forced you to feel like this." Minhyuk shrugged and avoided Hyungwon's gaze.

"You're not."

"But how do I know that? There's a thing called blind by love." He was looking up at the sky and Hyungwon stared at his neck.

"Oh, so you're in love with me now?" He meant to say it in a teasing matter but Minhyuk's reply was a straightforward nod.

Hyungwon stopped, pulling his arm slightly so Minyuk wouldn't bring his shoulder out of its socket. "Wait really?" Minhyuk rolled his eyes and nodded.

"Don't overthink," Minhyuk commanded.

"I'm not... I'm just... Thinking."

"Well stop," Minhyuk said like it was the easiest thing to do. "I'm not going to jump off a building because of it." Hyungwon could hear Minhyuk's mother's voice in the back of his head as they began to walk again.

"You were thinking too," Hyungwon pointed.

"I know, but I stopped for now" Minhyuk was turned to the front, pulling Hyungwon the rest of the way.

"Are you still thinking?" Minhyuk asked after the small pause.

"Yes."

"About?"

"You." Minhyuk laughed, his hand tightening around Hyungwon's for a second.

"I'm flattered but instead of thinking about one person. Think about both of us. The less you overthink the happier you'd be." Minhyuk finally stopped and reached up to poke the frown lines on Hyungwon's face for a second time. The hand trailed down his face to his cheeks and Hyungwon held it there with his own hands. Minhyuk's smiled changed to something more sympathetic, wanting Hyungwon to smile with him.

Getting the message Hyungwon turned up the corners his lips. Minhyuk moved his hands away and they continued the rest of the way to the car.

"What do you think about seeing an actual movie?" Minhyuk asked once they were in the car together.

"What do you want to watch?"

"Deadpool." Minhyuk waited for cars to pass before pulling into traffic.

"It's still in theaters?"

"This one theater that my friend works at, yeah. This is the last week, though. If you don't want to go then you obviously don't have to."

"Is Deadpool the one about the guy that looks like Spider-Man?" When Hyungwon saw Minhyuk's offended look he began to laugh. "I'm kidding. I already watched it, but it's worth a second watch."

"Are you sure? We could choose another movie to watch."

"Oh, an overthinking Minhyuk occurs a lot lately." A hand came and shoved him, he laughed as his arm met the side of the door.

"I don't want to make you do things you don't want to do."

"So you are still thinking about that." Hyungwon teased one more time and Minhyuk actually punched him. He rubbed his arm and backed off.

"I'm sure."

-

The theater wasn't bad, it was actually nicer than some that Hyungwon has gone to, the surrounding area wouldn't appeal to people of the city, though. Hyungwon wouldn't have come so far from the city lights if it weren't for Minhyuk bringing him.

There weren't many buildings on the way and if Minhyuk hadn't known which exit to take they would have missed it completely from how rural everything was. The inside had two stories, though, and it was similar to the structure of an opera house, same velvet red color but no chairs.

Minhyuk's friend, Gwangjin, was shocked when they first came through the door and Hyungwon blushed when he congratulated them about their relationship. Gwangjin asked a few questions about the show and then for a signature, in the corner of his eye he could see Minhyuk huffing and faintly heard him mutter something about Gwangjin never wanting his autograph.

During the movie, Hyungwon couldn't help but look to Minhyuk when he let out a laugh, the other would grab onto his arm and lean his head back or hunch forward, hitting him when something was especially funny. Hyungwon always checked around to see if they were disturbing anyone, forgetting they had the whole theater to themselves.

"Out with it," Minhyuk said as they were driving back. Hyungwon rose his brows and made a noise in the back of his throat in a way to ask for what Minhyuk meant.

"Your thoughts."

"Do you really think you're forcing me into this relationship?" Hyungwon started, Minhyuk rolled his eyes.

"Hyungwon-"

"It's what I'm thinking of and I can't stop thinking about it until I have an answer," Hyungwon pressed.

"...Yes."

"Why?"

"I don't know why," Minhyuk lied, Hyungwon was beginning to catch onto the change in Minhyuk's voice.

"Your mom told me about your ex." Hyungwon looked for any signs of remorse but there were none.

"What'd she say?" His voice was higher than normal and Hyungwon was taken aback. He blinked and took a while to answer.

"She said I was different from him."

"You are, you're much better." There was a slight edge like Minhyuk would lash out at any moment.

"What was he like?"

"The opposite of you." The short reply came, Hyungwon could hear him breathe out.

"Minhyuk..."

"He was great, just didn't like me. I made a deal with him, if he went out with me I would promise to do everything he wanted."

"And?"

Minhyuk remembered how it went down. "He still didn't like me and eventually said he wanted to break up and he didn't want me bothering him ever again. I think annoyed him. It's not a story worth sharing. Didn't change me, just taught me a lesson."

"So..." Hyungwon tried to guess what the lesson was.

"If you force people into doing something they don't want to do, you'll lose them forever. So if you don't want to go out with me then say the words now and that'll be that." One of Minhyuk's hand left the wheel for a moment then returned.

Hyungwon thought about the words for a moment. "Wasn't I the one that asked you?"

"Yeah but I asked you to kiss me so, I just thought you were asking it because it was the heat of the moment and the cashier obviously wanted something to happen."

"Minhyuk, I like you, a lot" He nodded to assure himself, he had no idea how Minhyuk reacted but he guessed it was good. "I wouldn't have asked you out if I didn't like you, but I do think everything happened really fast." He didn't mean to sound doubtful of the relationship but with the way Minhyuk's lips hardened to a thin line, he knew he should have worded it differently.

"I could wait, you know. We could take a break-"

"No," Hyungwon cut Minhyuk off before he could finish then continued when Minhyuk stayed silent, "That's exactly what I'm scared of. We've been dating for what? A day? And we would already be breaking up."

Minhyuk laughed at Hyungwon's frustration and the younger let his own lips curl up at the sound. "Then what do you want to do?"

"I don't want to break up," Hyungwon stated honestly.

"That's a relief," Minhyuk teased. Hyungwon laughed at himself.

"I'm so awkward, I guess you're right when you say not to worry about anything."

"I like it, and I'm always right. I actually read that dating an awkward person makes you happier." Hyungwon shoved the elder, "What? I'm not kidding you could even search it up!" With a pout, Hyungwon pulled out his phone and began typing.

-

"See I told you!" They were in the orange hallway once more, Hyungwon still pouting.

"Yeah but it doesn't make any sense-" Hyungwon paused in the middle of his sentence when he opened the door to his apartment to see Kihyun sitting at his island, sipping tea. "Hey... Kihyun?"

Kihyun didn't react, simply swallowed before looking up. They all blinked once before Kihyun moved again. He reached out and set his cup on the counter to hold up a magazine with both hands. Seeing the cover, both Hyungwon and Minhyuk blushed.

It was a picture, a large one at that, of them kissing without any possibility of argument over the action. "Why?" Hyungwon took a cautious step forward and let the door close.

"Why what?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" Kihyun looked genuinely hurt and Hyungwon slumped rolling his eyes in his realization of what the scene was about. Sensing the change in atmosphere Minhyuk finally let his smile come back to his face.

"Hyungwon!" Kihyun said, upset that the youngest of the three didn't care about his concerns.

"Yes, Kihyun?" Hyungwon smiled when he saw Kihyun prepared coffee for him already. He took two cups from the cabinet above his head and held one up in question if Minhyuk wanted some.

"Look at me when you talk to me," the nag came. Hyungwon finished pouring the drinks and handed one to Minhyuk before giving Kihyun is full attention, even sitting at the counter. He pulled out the chair next to him as well so Minhyuk could sit.

"Yes, Kihyun?" He asked again.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Kihyun repeated his question. Hyungwon took a sip from his coffee, making a face when he realized it was pure black, he checked Minhyuk's reaction for a moment, he hadn't tried it yet, being concerned about Kihyun. Hyungwon rolled his eyes and stood to get creamer.

"Kihyun how long did you wait to tell me about you and Hyunwoo again?" He sat back at the counter, offering the powder to Minhyuk first.

"... That's not the point," Hyungwon laughed at Kihyun's embarrassed state.

"You can't be badgering me about this when you waited four weeks to tell me about yours. Air entered Kihyun's cheek and moved from one side to the other.

"At least I told you in person," Kihyun muttered. Hyungwon thought about the counter to his sentence but he let it drop, knowing Kihyun would just continue to find a way to blame him.

"Okay, I'm sorry," even though he was sure he didn't sound the least bit apologetic Kihyun smiled and seemed to forgive him. "But I'm guessing there was more you wanted to talk about considering you used the emergency key."

Kihyun seemed lost for a moment as he tried to remember, "Oh," he said, "Party. I don't really think I'll be having one for my birthday - happy belated to you, Minhyuk. Hyunwoo thought we would just have an engagement party."

"Thanks, how did you know?" Minhyuk asked, stirring the now lightly-colored coffee.

"It said in the magazine, along with questions one whether it's fake - which I doubt after seeing you two walk through the door together. Then how you two got together, I'm curious as well."

Hyungwon shrugged, "We just hung out."

"I asked Hyungwon out," Minhyuk corrected, Kihyun raised his eyebrows and waited for more information. "I brought him to a bunch of different places, I can't believe he doesn't like the fair, but anyway, eventually I got him to fall for my impeccable looks and personality." He faked a hair flip and laughed at himself after.

"No but we really did just hang out and it happened." Kihyun's phone let out a short chime and he stood up when the screen lit up with his fiancé's name.

"The party's on the tenth, Hyungwon, you have to go, Minhyuk, you can come if you want but you don't have to." The shortest slipped his shoes on and waved until the door closed. Hyungwon sighed and drank the coffee before making a face.

"You know what I just noticed?"

"We should sleep soon but instead we're drinking coffee," Minhyuk answered, taking a sip himself. Hyungwon nodded, continuing nonetheless.

"I noticed when you gave me it but I wasn't going to turn down coffee." Hyungwon tilted his head in agreement then picked up the magazine Kihyun left on the counter, he examined the photo on the front before flipping through the pages to find the matching article.

"What's it say?" Minhyuk moved over so he could read as well.

"Stars Lee Minhyuk and Chae Hyungwon have been spotted going out on Minhyuk's birthday. Not only that but just a few weeks ago there was a rumor going around that they went to the fair together. Suspicions of them dating have been clearly answered as the two shared a sweet kiss in a convenience store in downtown Seika. The new questions of, 'How did they get together' and 'when did they start dating' and 'Is this all an act' begin to arise as the couple becomes more open about their relationship."

"Ooh we're scandalous," Minhyuk laughed, leaning back so there was enough room to down half the drink.

"When did you start liking me anyway?" Minhyuk shrugged, looking up and finishing his caffeinated drink, his lips after finishing.

"Maybe it was love at first sight," Minhyuk mocked the voice of a daydreaming seven-year-old and copied the way they would hold their face in their hands and kick their feet. Hyungwon shook his head, taking a lot longer to finish his drink.

"It's actually just a really long and complicated story, I'll save it for another day. For now, I have to get going. My brother wanted to go out for a few days, about five or something. He and his girlfriend live a few hours from here so I have to pack and everything." Minhyuk washed the cup and set it on the rack before heading over to the door.

"His girlfriend doesn't believe that I'm his brother and I still haven't met her yet, being busy with filming and everything. If you want, you could come with." Hyungwon immediately shook his head.

"If your brother is anything like you and your mom, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but I don't think I could handle that many questions again." Minhyuk stumbled over himself while tying his shoes and laughing. "But does that mean you're not going to Kihyun's party?"

"I'll be back by then," Minhyuk replied, trying to do math in his brain.

"Won't you be tired?" Minhyuk shrugged and opened the door.

"We'll see. Thanks for coming with me today." He turned to smile at Hyungwon but his lips dropped when a hand was suddenly pushed through his hair to expose his forehead. It took him a while to register what was happening and eventually he was able to push the hand away.

"I wanted to see it before you left for five days." Hyungwon laughed, finishing up the rest of his coffee, knowing he would regret it when he's trying to sleep later. "You should style your hair up for the party if you go."

"Yeah, we'll see about that." Minhyuk put a protective hand over the curtain of hair hiding his forehead from the open world, making sure Hyungwon wouldn't be able to move it again.

"Bye," Hyungwon said gently, stepping closer and leaning down. The kiss was short and simple, a sweet goodbye. When he pulled away and saw how pink Minhyuk's cheeks were he felt his own embarrassment creep up his neck. "Stay safe."

Minhyuk nodded, breaking into a huge smile and hugging Hyungwon. "You too," Hyungwon put his arm around the other and moved his hand to play with the hair on the back of Minhyuk's head. They stayed like that for a while before Minhyuk moved away to finally leave. Hyungwon watched him walk down the hallway waving when they caught each other's eyes as Minhyuk turned the corner.

Back inside the comfort of his own apartment he made a noise similar to the one of a squealing pig and hit the couch repeatedly. He groaned and rethought his life, especially the part of his that just took place.

Asking himself why he couldn't think straight and why he had just kissed Minhyuk, he tried to get the smile off of his face.