Resting on Rewrite

"Pretending"

Sure enough, Hyungwon got sick, he was forced to stay in bed the whole day by Kihyun.

"Kihyun, I'm fine I could still go." He sat up and ignored the dizziness the best he could. "See? No big deal." He fought the urge to close his eyes and now that he was out of the sheets he was a little cold.

"They'll be fine without you, the only scene you have to shoot is the one with Jun. If you rest all day you'll be good for tomorrow now take this." Kihyun had been walking around the room the whole time he's been there. He was picking up Hyungwon's clothes and putting them in the laundry basket, tidying up his drawers and closet, and he even changed the trash. Now he was handing the younger a glass of water. 

"Exactly." Hyungwon was giving into his sickness and let his eyes droop slightly but continued to watch Kihyun move around, finding it amusing he was wearing the white face mask dentists used. "I only have to film a short thing so it would be fine if I just go then leave right after and rest." He cursed himself when he couldn't even muster enough energy to take the glass from the elder.

"Hyungwon I am not letting you walk out of this house in that state of health. You have a fever and you haven't been eating or sleeping properly and there is nothing that would -" right then Kihyun's phone went off and Hyungwon couldn't hold in a small, bitter laugh.

The extra energy sent him back onto the bed and he was still chuckling slightly as Kihyun took the call. Of course, he had to go somewhere, it was expected of a high-end manager and agent. He didn't bother listening to the conversation but here and there he heard Kihyun agreeing and disagreeing with things. He closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

-

He looked up to see Kihyun's eyes closed and chest rising and falling with every breath he took in and released. Hyungwon brought himself closer to the other and buried his face in the other's chest. Although he was the taller one, Kihyun's embrace was comforting and warm. When he brought his arms around Kihyun's torso he found fingers making their way into his hair and he couldn't contain his smile any longer.

The sudden tight hold and movement stirred Kihyun from his sleep but he didn't entirely wake up, with his eyes closed he pat Hyungwon's head. "Feeling better?"

"Yeah, thanks." Hyungwon hugged Kihyun tighter, afraid he would leave.

"Hey calm down, you're going to suffocate me." He didn't really struggle but the whine was enough to get Hyungwon to loosen his hold. There was a phone ringing in the background and Hyungwon tightened his hold in reflex, wanting the moment to last a little longer.

"Hyungwon," Even though Kihyun sounded like he needed to get out of bed, his eyes were still closed and he was still cradling the back of Hyungwon's neck. He played with the hair in his hands for a while before sighing and trying to get up.

"C'mon Hyungwon, up." He cracked an eye open to look at the other. Hyungwon was pouting and it put a tired smile on Kihyun's face as he mustered enough energy to move his hand down to Hyungwon's cheek. "Let's get up-" The phone went off in the distance again and Kihyun was actually able to roll away this time. Hyungwon let out a whine but cut it short to listen to Kihyun's laugh.

Rolling all the way to the other side of the bed, he watched Kihyun answer his phone. He was still smiling at Hyungwon as he brought the device to his ears but when he heard the voice on the other line his expression became sullen. He was still looking at Hyungwon and he tried to smile but it faltered with every word coming from the speaker.

Hyungwon tried to hear what the other person was saying but he couldn't understand. Kihyun began to bite his lip before wincing at the last statement. Taking the phone away from his ear moved back towards the bed and brought Hyungwon into his arms again, burying his face in the taller's chest.

"Hyungwon."

"Yes, Kihyun? Are you okay?"

"Hyungwon," Kihyun repeated.

"Kihyun, I'm right here, you can let it out."

"Hyungwon, Hyungwon, Hyungwon."

-

"Hyungwon!" His mind was finally back to reality, realizing what had just happened, he groaned in response to Kihyun's call. "Hyungwon wake up." He felt a tapping on his shoulder.

"I'm awake," he announced so Kihyun would stop moving his body. With his nose feeling incredibly stuffy he took a sharp breath in and ended up coughing into the sheets. "How long have I been sleeping?"

"A few minutes, I just finished talking to Jihoon and he said it would be fine for you to miss a day but I have to go there to talk about some stuff, is it okay if I go?"

Hyungwon nodded into the pillow, pulling his hand out from underneath his body weight to swat Kihyun away as if he were a fly.

"Are you sure?" Hyungwon gave a single thumbs up to answer the question and felt himself falling back to sleep. Before he felt like nothing to the world, there were two arms that dug underneath him in a hug and a nuzzle to the back of his neck. "I'll come back as soon as I can. Make sure you eat, I'll be texting you."

Hyungwon didn't reply, there was no way he was going back to sleep anytime soon but he hoped Kihyun bought into his sleeping act. He heard the door close and he waited a few minutes before opening his eyes again. Pushing himself up he inhaled again before rubbing his eyes.

There was a buzz from the countertop, making him crawl over and check. Kihyun just walked out the door, did he forget something? Sitting in silence for a while, the reason as to why he was sitting up had slipped his mind. He finally remembered and tapped on his screen twice to light it up.

The message was from an unknown number, asking him if he's doing okay.

He replied with a short yes then questioned who it was before embracing his blankets and pillow again.

He woke up an hour later from the uncomfortable feeling of sweating yet being too cold to take the blankets off. He checked his phone and saw twenty unread messages.

He was surprised to see only five of them were from Kihyun, the rest were from the unknown number, which he could now identify as Minhyuk.

'How sick are you?

Kihyun's here, they're having a meeting.

Dang, it's boring, I can't bother you if you aren't here.

Are you ignoring me still?

I promised I wouldn't tell Kihyun.

I promise I really won't.

I hope you're really just sleeping.

Oh, this is Minhyuk by the way.

This is Hyungwon, right?

Chae Hyungwon?

The actor?

If this is the wrong number I'm sorry.

Nice to meet you, though.

Hyungwon if you're messing with me...

Answer whenever you see this."

He sent back a short message, "You have the right number, it's Hyungwon. I was sleeping." He looked back to his pillows and thought about going back to sleep but his phone got a call, the vibration made him groan and he felt a headache coming on.

"Hello?" He answered groggily.

"Have you eaten yet?" Kihyun's voice came from the other side of the line. Hyungwon sniffled.

"No, I was about to." He wiped his nose with the back of his hand before becoming disgusted with the feeling so he got up to move towards the bathroom.

"Liar."

"I really was!" halfway through the sentence Hyungwon's voice failed him and he cleared his throat with a coughing fit "Okay I was thinking about it."

"Go eat, I'll swing by after, don't forget to take medicine either, it's on the island."

Hyungwon replied with another cough and intake of breath before hanging up.

-

"Feeling better?" Wonwoo asked him when Hyungwon walked in the next day.

"Honestly?" Wonwoo nodded. "No," Hyungwon deadpanned. He was still pretty sick, the only reason Kihyun let him come is because he didn't have a fever.

"You know you don't have to come, we're doing fine and there are still more scenes to film." Wonwoo sat him down and Hyungwon struggled against the comfort, he didn't want anyone to worry about him especially not Kihyun. Stealing a glance at his manager, he saw him talking to Jihoon, probably telling him that Hyungwon was still feeling sick.

He turned back to Wonwoo, who was looking at him with worried eyes.

"I'm fine, I promised Kihyun that I would leave right after I filmed. Is Mingyu here already?" He pulled out a tissue and blew into it.

"Yeah, he's back there." He pointed in the direction of the dressing room and Hyungwon made his way over.

Upon watching the door open and seeing the condition Hyungwon was in, he gasped.

"I'm fine!" Hyungwon said immediately, waving his hand and plopping himself down on the chair, closing his eyes in the process.

"You are not fine," Mingyu emphasized the negative word which made Hyungwon crack an eye open to look at him.

"I'll be fine, trust me. Once you put a little make-up and," he cleared his throat, "I talk like this, then no one would even know." His voice had lost the sick sound, the way he ended his sentences sounded a bit in the nose but it was nothing too bad.

"Hyungwon, are you sure you're fine?" Mingyu was holding the gel and hairdryer in his hands, same worried expression Wonwoo gave him before.

"One hundred percent. The faster you get it done, the quicker I can go home, just so you know."

"Wait aren't you going to wear a mask so you don't get sick?"

"I haven't gotten sick since the fifth grade, my immune system is stronger than you think, plus there are other people here that can do makeup and hair, Jisoo is one of them, he just prefers to help with lighting. I dunno about Wonwoo though, his immune system is iffy."

"I don't think I'm filming a scene with him today." Hyungwon wriggled his nose out if irritation from the hot blowing hair. He pulled his shirt up to cover the lower half of his face. "I think I'm filming the scene where Jerry tries to knock some sense into me about what's going on between Bin and my character."

"Oh, that one? So you're almost done here?"

"Just this last scene then I'm out of here and passing the torch to Jerry." He laughed at Jun's stage name.

"You're going to film your last scene when you're sick? That's the worst way to leave!" Mingyu protested the argument caused his hands to tug a little too harshly on Hyungwon's hair.

Taking his face out of the wince he dismissed both Mingyu's statement and look of apology, "It's fine, knowing Kihyun, he'd probably bring me back here to star in the next film. He loves it here so it won't be the last time you'll see me, don't worry. I was only supposed to film five episodes anyway."

"Oh yeah." Mingyu washed his hands in the sink and Hyungwon admired the way his hair was put up, he'd miss having Mingyu do it. He closed his eyes as Mingyu began to do his make up, finally moving his shirt down from his nose. "Still, a pretty y way to say goodbye to everyone."

"Kihyun will still invite you all to parties, he likes throwing them. He doesn't really like to break connections-" the end of his sentence came out a little funny as he felt a pain in his nose. His eyes began to water and he quickly turned to the side before sneezing into his elbow.

"Bless you." Two voices said at the same time, Hyungwon took the Kleenex out of his pocket and wiped the snot away, making a disgusted face at his own actions.

"Thank you."

"You look like you're about to die." Minhyuk's voice reached his ears, Hyungwon had always been silently wondering when the blond would show up.

"I'll die after I shoot this scene, don't worry," Hyungwon smirked then closed his eyes again so Mingyu could continue his make-up.

"Huh, I can't believe you even came in that condition."

"It's a small scene, nothing too big. I'll be able to handle it."

"Jihoon wouldn't like it if he saw you like this, he would send you home."

Minhyuk sat in the second chair next to Hyungwon and met his eyes in the single mirror. "That's the whole reason I'm wearing make-up." Mingyu's body broke their eye contact and Minhyuk watched the young tall one apply foundation and the rest of Hyungwon's face. When Mingyu was done with his work the only thing that gave Hyungwon away was his sniffling. The bags from being fatigued were concealed and he was forcing himself to keep his eyes open.

Minhyuk wanted to tell Hyungwon that he should call it off and just rest a little more but Mingyu already did all the work and Hyungwon was already here. A knock on the door confused him but he understood when Hyunwoo was the one making his way in. Minhyuk checked Hyungwon's expression but nothing had changed like he expected it to.

"Hyungwon, Kihyun's looking for you," he greeted the others in the room with a small nod and smiled nervously when Minhyuk waved to him.

"Are we going to start filming soon?" Hyungwon pushed himself off the chair, holding the side of his head while black took over his vision for a moment. There was a hand on his arm that steadied him and he saw Minhyuk's worried face, he's seen it on everyone today and he was getting a little tired of it.

He mentally blamed the irritation on his sickness and shook his head, moving his arm out of Minhyuk's hold but the sudden feeling of falling backward was strong and he realized just how much he needed that support. On instinct he stepped back and hit Minhyuk's chest and to make things worse he felt a sneeze coming on. He leaned forward in the urge but before the action came the feeling spread into a stinging in the back of his eyes.

"Are you going to be able to film?" Three voices asked at once, pushing his upper body away from his knees he began to nod but he ended up crouching over and stuffing his face into his elbow to cough.

"You still need to change, are you sure you'll be able to film the scene without breaking into a coughing fit or something?" Mingyu patted his back to help him out.

"Yeah," he coughed out, "could you," he coughed, "get me," another cough "A cough," two coughs, "drop?" His eyes were watering and he thought about the make-up, feeling bad for the work Mingyu did.

"Uhh, I don't have any-"

"Here." Minhyuk held out a few paper-wrapped, minty candies in front of Hyungwon's face so he could see them. Hyungwon unraveled one while he held the rest of his coughs and once his throat was soothed enough to make out a sentence he reassured them.

"I'll be able to do it, I just need the rest of the cough drops, thanks." He gave Minhyuk a weak smile for helping him then checked his reflection in the mirror to make sure he didn't mess up the foundation under his eyes.

Hyungwon didn't take very long to change into his character's clothes. The outfit seemed like something he would wear out on a regular day, he would have to ask Seungcheol if he could keep it. He was wearing a long-sleeved white shirt over black skinny jeans.

When the director called action his character was to be hanging out with Jerry, they were playing a video game when Jerry suddenly brought up Bin, asking what happened between them.

"Nothing, he's just like everyone else. He couldn't take the comments." Hyungwon pressed some of the buttons as if he were actually playing the game. He fought the urge to clear his sinus and did his best to make his voice seem normal.

"Did you even try to help him? I thought you really liked him." Jerry reached for the popcorn but quickly brought his hand back to the controller so Hyungwon wouldn't gain an advantage in anything.

"If he really liked me, he would know that those words weren't true. I told him they weren't. If he doesn't trust me then I don't think he likes me as much as you thought he did, as much as I did." He made sure to say the last part under his breath and covered it with a cough.

Hyungwon was thankful that none of the bosses called cut on his slight improvising.

"Did you try to shoo any of them off?" Jerry said the sentence in a suggestive matter then continued to sound suggestively accusing after Hyungwon shrugged. "You can't expect someone to stay if you don't try to keep them." He stole a glance in Hyungwon's direction but instead of the reaction he was hoping for Hyungwon just shrugged again, continuing to play the game like the sentence hadn't reached his ears.

"Cut! That's a wrap!" Jihoon's voice made both Hyungwon and Jun jump in their spots. Hyungwon immediately relieved the strain on his throat by letting the cough out, making sure he stood up and walked away from Jun to avoid infection.

He reached into his pocket for another cough drop before heading over to the camera for the last of his directions before he was done for the while.

"Great job Hyungwon, I really appreciate you coming when you're sick. The scene was perfect and I don't think we need to shoot another take. You should rest as much as you can. We're holding a company meeting and it's mandatory. I would like for you to feel well for it as you will be answering a few questions."

"Thank you, am I free to leave? I'm sorry if I seem- " he coughed and the cough drop almost fell out of his mouth, he on the hard candy to soothe his sore throat but it still took a while. Jihoon had already guessed what he was going to say and nodded.

Being unable to walk without crouching over in a cough, Hyunwoo and Kihyun were at his sides, leading him to where their driver was. Once they got in the car Hyungwon closed his eyes and leaned against the window, the cold contrasted against his feverish forehead.

"You're never allowed to work when you're sick ever again." Kihyun's tone was that of a mother scolding her child but Hyungwon knew it was just him being worried.

"Okay, mom. It was the last scene I had to film. I don't think I'll be up and about for a while anyway. When's the meeting?"

"Tuesday." Kihyun was on his phone and Hyungwon guessed he was either contacting Jihoon in apology or marking his calendar.

"I'll be fine by then."

-

He was better than he was before but he wouldn't say he was completely fine. He didn't have a runny nose, nor did he sound congested but at a specific time during the day he would have a coughing fit which would lead to him losing his voice. It was just his luck that the important dinner had been scheduled to start around that time.

During the whole day, Kihyun wouldn't let him talk. Whenever he opened his mouth his manager would shush him and motion towards his phone then joked about how he could become a faster at typing by the end of the day.

Sadly, Kihyun couldn't control the coughs and even though Hyungwon took a cough drop at the first sign of the urge they still happened. He could keep in the force half the time but when they got to the restaurant his voice was gone again.

"You can just nod, I'm sure most of their questions can be answered by either a yes or a no." Kihyun repeatedly connected his hand to Hyungwon's back to stop Hyungwon's current coughing fit.

"Still not feeling better? Are you going o be okay?" Jooheon happened to arrive at the same time and held the door open for them.

"Thank you, but it's just my voice and a small cough once and a while. I can answer questions but it'll sound like this." The low growl of his voice made Jooheon clear his throat.

"You have to tell Jihoon," Kihyun was using his mother voice again and Hyungwon cut him off, knowing where the lecture would go.

"Yeah, I'll tell him. This was mandatory, though, right?" Kihyun had let go on his hold on Hyungwon once the taller was walking properly.

"Well, it is mandatory but if Hyungwon needed another day off to fully cure himself Jihoon would have just called or texted you to ask the questions for him or have Hyungwon answer the questions online," Jooheon stated from the side of the two, looking at the cautiously.

"I'm here already, might as well just get it over with." He caught Soonyoung's eyes from across the room and smiled before making his way over to the table.

He's been to the restaurant a few times, it was a bit fancier than he was comfortable with. He's gone here on Kihyun's insistent begging when they were signed to their first show. There were low hanging lights that threatened to hit Hyungwon's head and booths with a wide walkway for the several waiters and waitresses. The tables were found in separate rooms near the back, where Hyungwon was heading.

"Sorry if we're late," Hyungwon waved his hand at the others he's spent the past month and a half with.

"You're still sick?" Jihoon's voice was weary and he gave Hyungwon a look but he shook his head.

"No, it's just my voice. I'm fine really." He held up his hands as if he were surrendering under Jihoon's sharp gaze.

"Here's a menu, order whatever you want, food's on me," Seungcheol smiled with sincerity, Hyungwon noticed that all of them still had their menus and trusted they really haven't waited that long.

He looked around the table, to his left was Kihyun, who was also sitting next to Changkyun. Changkyun sat across from Jeonghan who was talking to Seungcheol on his left. To the left of Seungcheol and in front of Hyungwon, Jihoon was turned towards Soonyoung on his other side. Wonwoo and Jun were talking across the table from the other end and Jooheon on Hyungwon's right side.

"Okay everyone is here, why don't we order first? That would be better right?" Soonyoung looked at the collective nods. "Does everyone know what they're ordering?" There was another round of nods and Soonyoung pressed the button to call for a server.

Hyungwon wondered what it would have been like if he was a waiter instead of an actor. Surely writing down orders would be a hassle but he was pretty good at memorization and he felt like he would be better at getting around if he didn't have someone drive him everywhere. The menus were taken and all attention was immediately drawn towards Jihoon.

"Well first off, I would like to congratulate all of you, the show has gotten a lot of hits and compliments from the top boss. It was trending on social media just a few days ago and it remains in the top three as of right now, last time I checked." He clapped his hands which caused everyone else to follow.

After the claps died down he continued saying, "I'm proud of the process too, you all know the interns they've worked hard but they weren't able to come because it would just be too much to buy for everyone working. We'll celebrate with them another day. Since they aren't here, are there any complaints on any of them?" Jihoon brought out his phone and Hyungwon was reminded of Kihyun.

Hyungwon thought of all the interns he encountered while he was there. He never really spoke to any of them besides Mingyu, unless Jisoo was an intern. He shook his head, all the interns were nice and well mannered, whenever they bumped into each other it was more of Hyungwon getting into their way instead of the other way around.

"That's good if you ever have any complaints about the interns you should always inform us. They don't get paid for nothing."

"Jihoon, interns don't get paid" Seungcheol commented from the side, bringing laughter and a smile to Jihoon's face.

"You know what I mean," Jihoon rolled his eyes and shoved Seungcheol slightly. "Anyway, tell us if you have any problems with an intern and we'll console them. Moving on-oh" He quickly put his phone away when he saw the waiters coming down the hall with a cart holding all their dishes.

All of them thanked the waiter as they set the plates down before they began to dig in. The table was quiet of conversation, all of them trying out the food they ordered.

"Hyungwon," Jihoon called once everyone slowed their bites. Hyungwon moved his spoon farther from his face and looked across the table.

He swallowed before answering, "Yes?" Jihoon immediately apologized but Hyungwon shook his head. "It's fine, did you need to tell me something?"

"How do you feel about staying in the show as one of the main characters?" If Hyungwon had taken that bite or drunken any water he would have choked.

"Wait as in like... More episodes to film?" He looked to Kihyun. His manager was smiling at him with an understanding face. Hyungwon knew that the choice was completely up to him, he was the actor, but he also knew that it would be better for both him and Kihyun if he continued to act in the show.

Like Jihoon said before, the show was trending at three as of right now.

"Are you okay with that? You don't have to. You signed a contract for five episodes and you've already filmed a little more than that so it would be understandable if you were to decline but," Jihoon rambled and Hyungwon was thinking about cutting him off but he never thought of what to say till after he stopped talking.

"Why do you want to keep me on the show?"

"Predictability," Soonyoung spoke so Jihoon could catch his breath. "Our shows are known for doing the unexpected which eventually leads to people trying to guess which unexpected thing we're doing. There are times when the unexpected becomes the expected and that's when we decide to change the script."

"It's a tough process to go through and there is a lot of stress because the script could only continue to change," Seungcheol continued to explain, "but the reviews are worth it in our opinion. Since there is a lot of stress you'd have to sign up for another contract that covers a longer amount of time and work. We could never force you, though."

When Seungcheol finished he took a bite of his food and Hyungwon remembered where they were. He looked down at his own meal, two Broccoli and Cheese Manicotti, one-half already eaten, they were probably still warm he took a bite before looking around at the rest of the table.

All of them were chewing while expecting him to answer. He looked to Kihyun again, the same pleading look he always got was there and it was like the answer was obvious.

"Can I have a minute?" He looked to Jihoon apologetically. The writer nodded and Hyungwon stood, pulling Kihyun with him.

"What? You don't want to do it? It would be great for you Hyungwon!" Kihyun exclaimed once they were out of earshot.

"Kihyun, I'd be able to get a lot more other jobs right? Do we really have to stick with this company?" He looked back in the room, everyone was continuing a conversation like the two were never there.

"Hyungwon," Kihyun's tone could have been taken as a warning or comfort.

Hyungwon sighed and ran his hands through his hair. "Can't they just get someone else to play my part? They have a lot of interns and I'm sure that someone else would be willing."

"You've already been in the show and obviously, the viewers want you. They would notice if it were a different actor, people notice the difference in stunt doubles."

"They changed the guy in Blue's Clues." He looked at the other room again and caught Jooheon turning back around.

"No one liked the second guy, c'mon Hyungwon, why don't you want to do this?" Hyungwon thought it over. When the amount of time he stared became too long Kihyun raised his eyebrows. There was a ring from Kihyun's pocket. Something changed in his eyes and Hyungwon sighed, looking down.

"I just don't want to let anyone down, I got sick really easily and I feel like Jihoon would be really stressed if and when I get sick again." He shrugged his shoulder and looked at everything around his manager before looking into Kihyun's eyes.

"You'll do fine, the last cut was amazing, we'll just make sure you eat more healthy foods and stay away from anything that'll get you sick." Kihyun was beginning to smile again, whenever Hyungwon blamed himself he was bound to agree.

Looking into Kihyun's eyes for a bit longer he finally ducked his head and nodded. He didn't even see Kihyun's reaction but he knew what it was, he's seen it a thousand times before.

The smile and relief on Jihoon's face after he agreed dismissed the anxious atmosphere and put everyone in a better, more relaxed mood.

"Thank you!" Kihyun smiled, already on his phone telling Hyunwoo. When he put his phone down again he hugged Hyungwon with one arm and leaned his head on Hyungwon's shoulder. In return, Hyungwon leaned his head on top of Kihyun's to let him know he was welcome.

"Nice, I was hoping we wouldn't have to pull a Blue's Clues." Jooheon nudged his shoulder and Hyungwon smiled back, nodding along despite what he said earlier.

His Manicotti was cold and everyone had almost finished their meals so he took one more bite before going on his phone for the rest of the time. Kihyun was on his phone as well, his food a little more done-looking than his.

Their waiter had come back and they all stood to clear out of the place but before Hyungwon left Seungcheol called for him.

"You can go ahead," he told Kihyun and tilted his head towards the exit. Kihyun made sure it was okay before he left.

"When's the next time you'll be free? When your voice isn't like that." Seungcheol leaned in like he was sharing some sort of secret.

"It only happens at night, during the day my voice is normal."

"Oh, okay so are you free tomorrow at ten?"

"I'd have to ask Kihyun, why?"

"If you wanted, you could be there to help us cast the person that would play your next love interest."

"Oh, I get to help out with that?" He pointed to himself and Seungcheol laughed with a nod.

"We don't want you to hate the person you're acting with, it would be too problematic and we've experienced working with people we don't want to work with before." Hyungwon tilted his head up for a long time in acknowledgment.

"That makes sense. I'm pretty sure we're free tomorrow, I'll ask Kihyun and tell him to contact you guys." He bid them goodbye before getting into the car and repeating the information Seungcheol shared with him.

"Hyunwoo and I have a date tomorrow, it's our anniversary..." Hyungwon closed his eyes in embarrassment for forgetting.

"I think you could still go, do you want me to ask? They wouldn't need me there, would they? You know your preferences."

"I don't know, are you asking them right now?" He peered over Kihyun's shoulder to read the screen but the letters were too small to make sense.

"Yeah, they said you could go alone, do you want me there?" Kihyun looked at him with concern and even though Hyungwon wanted to say yes, he would feel horrible if he ripped a couple apart on their anniversary. Instead of vocally answering, Hyungwon bit his lip and shook his head, moving his gaze towards the world outside his window.

The next morning he had congratulated the couple over the phone, smiling to himself when they sounded overly happy. He only hung up when he got a text, he thanked Minhyuk for his good timing, he was trying to figure out how to end the conversation five minutes before. Kihyun had been going on about what Hyunwoo had already done. In Kihyun's words he, "Made breakfast even though he doesn't really know how to cook, it didn't taste amazing but it was sweet and I was able to eat it all isn't he great Hyungwon?" Of course being the best friend of the two he agreed.

'You coming to the auditions to choose your new costar?' The text read. Hyungwon frowned a little, he still hadn't saved Minhyuk's number and he was suddenly really grateful that he never deletes any of his messages. He saved the contact to his phone then texted back a confirmation.

'Great, I'm going too! See you there!' Hyungwon wondered why Minhyuk was going but it was probably because he helps Soonyoung with the mood.

When he arrived at the audition venue he remembered Kihyun's face as he walked out of the room. He's never been in this role before, someone that's observing another person's acting and seeing if they could make the part or not.

The same from his first day there had brought him to the room next to the one he waited in before he auditioned and wondered how the people in the other room must feel. 

"Okay, so all you have to do is read the script with the other person, if you feel like they would make a great partner in the film then you should tell us after they leave the room," Soonyoung was explaining right as Hyungwon entered and Hyungwon nodded along, trying to scan the room for Minhyuk, there wasn't a sign of him. "Great! Here's a paper so you don't have to get up and tell us every time." Soonyoung gave him a small stack of papers stapled together then walked out of the room.

Hyungwon was left alone with Jihoon and Seungcheol who were both sitting at a long table covered with a blue cloth. Jihoon was on his phone and Seungcheol was looking at a list with lots of names on it. Underneath that paper was a bunch of pictures and Hyungwon made an educated guess that they were the people auditioning.

He made his way to the end of the table, next to Seungcheol, and quietly read over the script. His phone vibrated in his pocket and he quietly apologized before silencing it.

'Where are you?' It was a text from Minhyuk and Hyungwon felt like he should be the one asking the question.

'I'm in the room with Jihoon and Seungcheol. I think Soonyoung just walked out to get the first person.' He double checked the silence on his phone before setting it back down on the table.

The door opened again and Hyungwon wondered how he didn't predict that the happen. He quickly checked his phone, it had lit up earlier but he ignored it because he had assumed it was just Minhyuk sending a filler message.

'Great! I hope I'm good enough for you to choose me!'